Steel & Iron Products
|Market Cap||5,002 Cr||EPS||22.9||High||198.7|
|Stock P/E||8.3||Net Profit Margin||-0.3||Low||191.05|
Welspun Corp Price chart
|Market Cap||5,002 Cr||ROE||10.6%|
|P/B Ratio||1.6||Dividend Yield||2.6%|
|Industry P/E||24.6||Book Value||122.5|
About the Company
Welspun Corp Ltd. (WCL), the flagship company of Welspun Group, which is among the Largest Welded Line Pipe manufacturing companies in the world. In the year 2008, the company was ranked as the 2nd Largest (Large Diameter) Pipe Producer by Financial Times UK, and also been awarded 'The Emerging Company of the Year' by Economic Times. With a strong culture of 'Engineering Excellence,' WCL takes pride in manufacturing and supplying to some of the most critical pipelines in the world from its plants in India, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and USA. The company has to its credentials supplies to world's one of the deepest pipeline project (Independence Trail in Gulf of Mexico), one of the highest pipeline project (Peru LNG), one of the longest pipeline (Canada to US) and the project involving supplies of one of the heaviest pipe (56 inch X 1.34inch in Persian Gulf). WCL has a list of esteemed clientele which includes Chevron, DOW, Elpaso, Enterprise, Exxon Mobil, GAIL, Hunt Oil, Kinder Morgan, PTTEP, Qatar Petroleum, Reliance, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Statoil, TOTAL and TransCanada to name a few.
Business area of the company
The company is a welded line pipe manufacturing company engaged in offering solution in line pipes with a capacity to manufacture longitudinal submerge-arc welded (LSAW), spiral helical submerged arc welded (HSAW) and high frequency electric resistance welded (HFERW)/high frequency induction (HFI) electrical resistance welded (ERW) pipes. The Company also offers coating, bending and double jointing facilities.
Products of the company
- HFW (High Frequency Welded)
- ERW (Electric Resistance Welded)
- HSAW (Horizontal Submerged Arc Welded)
- LSAW (Longitudinal Submerged Arc Welded)
- Plates & Coils
- ISO 9001 certifications
- ISO 14001 certifications
- OHSAS 18001 certifications
- 2001-03: Export performance Awards.
- 2004: Fastest Growing Steel Products Company.
- 2006: Award for the highest export - Iron and Steel based product.
- 2007: Amongst top 100 Corporates in India.
- 2007: Amongst the 20 Companies to watch out for in 2008.
- 2007: Amongst the top 3 SAW Pipe Company in the World.
- 2007: Fastest Growing Steel Products Company.
- 2007: Fastest Growing Company.
- 2008: 2nd Largest Steel Pipe Producer in the World (Large Diameter).
- 2008: Emerging Company of the Year.
- 2008: Most Valuable Company in Metal Pipes.
- 2009: National Awards for Export Excellence - Silver Trophy.
- 2017-18: Sir M. Visvesvaraya Manufacturing Excellence Award2017 for Mandya plant.
- 2017-18: 11th QCI-DL Shah Quality Award - Platinum : Awarded at 12th national quality conclave for Anjar plant for the project “Case Study on Weld-ability test”
- 2017-18: Salute to Greatness Award 2017: Awarded by The Martin Luther King Jr Commission of Little Rock, AR.
- 2017-18: 2nd Annual EKDKN EXCEED award 2018 – OHS category in engineering sector for the best energy practices for Anjar plant.
- 2018-19: Sufi Steel Awards 2018.
- 2018-19: Golden Bird Excellence Award 2018.
- 2018-19: 4th EKDKN Exceed Award 2018.
- 2018-19: 2nd Annual EKDKN EXCEED Award 2018
- 2018-19: Kaizen Award 2018.
- 2018-19: 18th Annual Green Tech Environment Gold Award 2018.
- 2019-20: Anjar Pipes: 19th Annual Greentech Environment Award 2019 for exceptional contribution towards “Environment and Sustainability”.
- 2019-20: Dahej: Awarded the Silver Medal in National Awards for Manufacturing Competiveness 2018-19 by IRIM.
- 2019-20: PCMD awarded the prestigious Apex India OHS Excellence Award for outstanding work in the field of Occupation Health & Safety.
- 2019-20: CEO With HR Orientation - awarded to MD & CEO WCL, from World Sustainability & HRD Congress.
- 2019-20: Anjar Pipes: Golden Bird Excellence Award - 2020: Awarded for ‘Outstanding Project on Sustainability Excellence’.
- 1997: Diversified into the pipes business - Submerged Arc Welded (SAW) pipe unit at Dahej, Gujarat, India.
- 1998: Established the first 50,000 MTPA HSAW mill at Dahej, Gujarat.
- 2000: Commissioned a 200,000 MTPA LSAW mill at Dahej with Mannesmann Germany.
- 2001: Embarked on a Joint Venture (JV) with Eupec Coatings GmbH, Germany.
- 2001: Set up a pipe coating facility in Dahej, Gujarat.
- 2005: Established Welspun City at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2005: Expanded pipe facilities at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2007: Bagged a 1,700 km keystone project from Trans Canada.
- 2008: Integrated plate and coil mill at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2008: Set up 150,000 MTPA HSAW mill at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2008: Achieved Level II automation, rolled X-70API Grade of 4.5 meters wide.
- 2009: Commissioned a 350,000 MTPA HSAW pipes facility in Arkansas, US.
- 2009: Started a coil mill at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2010: Rechristened as ‘Welspun Corp Limited’.
- 2010: Increased capacity for LSAW by 350,000 MTPA in Anjar, Gujarat and for HSAW by 100,000 MTPA in Mandya, Karnataka.
- 2010: Completed investment in the Middle East with a 300,000 MTPA HSAW facility in Saudi Arabia.
- 2011: Established Welspun Middle East in Dubai.
- 2011: Acquired 35% stake in Leighton Contractors (India) Private Limited.
- 2011: Raised USD 290 million through GDRs & CCDs.
- 2012: Commenced the installation of a 175,000 MTPA HFIW mill in Arkansas, US.
- 2012: Enhanced the existing capacity of 100,000 MTPA HSAW in Mandya, Karnataka, further by 50%.
- 2013: Achieved the highest ever pipe production, sales volumes and order booking at 1 million MTPA.
- 2013: Commissioned a 175,000 MTPA small diameter HFIW mill in the US to cater to the shale gas business.
- 2013: Demerged non-pipe businesses into Welspun Enterprises.
- 2013: Strengthened the core-pipe business management team with several new professional CXO-level hires.
- 2014: Received the first order from Shell USA, single largest order from Saudi Arabia and strategic orders from Statoil, TOTAL and South Stream.
- 2014: Commissioned a double jointing plant and internal and external coating plants in Saudi Arabia and Anjar (Gujarat), respectively.
- 2014: Sustained 1 million MTPA in pipe production, sales volumes and order booking.
- 2015: Recorded high production and sales volumes at the Saudi Arabia facility with significantly improved financial performance.
- 2015: Stabilized the HFIW mill and streamlined operations at the US facility.
- 2015: Revitalized operations at LSAW, and Plate and Coil Mills in India.
- 2016: Surpassed 1 million MTPA in pipe production and 4th sales volumes for the 4 consecutive year; order book at record high.
- 2016: Set-up Concrete Weight Coating (CWC) plant at Anjar, Gujarat in JV with Wasco Energy Ltd.
- 2017: Started production at the Concrete Weight Coating plant at Anjar, Gujarat.
- 2017: Automatic ID Machining of Crack Arrestor Pipe.
- 2018: Surpassed 1 million MTPA in pipe production and 5th sales volumes for the 5 time in last 6 years.
- 2019: WCL completed the establishment of an HSAW Line Pipe Manufacturing facility at Bhopal, MP.
- 2019: WCL announced the divestment of its Plates and Coil Mill Division (PCMD).
- 2020: WCL secured major offshore pipes supply contract in Australia for the Barossa offshore Development project from Allseas Marine Contractors Australia.
|Parent Organization||Welspun Corp Ltd.||Managing Director||Vipul Mathur|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|