Bank - Private
|Market Cap||3,65,179 Cr||EPS||86.4||High||1843|
|Stock P/E||21.3||Net Profit Margin||32.2||Low||1820.7|
|Market Cap||3,65,179 Cr||ROE||14.3%|
|P/B Ratio||3.0||Dividend Yield||0.1%|
|Industry P/E||21.7||Book Value||605.0|
About the Company
Established in 1985, the Kotak Mahindra group has been one of India's most reputed financial conglomerates. In February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd, the group's flagship company was given the license to carry on banking business by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). This approval created banking history since Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd. is the first non-banking finance company in India to convert itself in to a bank as Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. Today, the bank is one of the fastest growing bank and among the most admired financial institutions in India.
Business area of the company:
Kotak Mahindra Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services for corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and specialized subsidiaries in the areas of personal finance, investment banking, life insurance, and wealth management.
- Best Managed Board by Aon Hewitt-Mint Study 2012
- Best Bank Award in New Private Sector Bank category by Financial Express
- Uday Kotak, Executive Vice President and Managing Director received the Special Award for his contribution in the growth of India's equity markets at India's Best Market Analyst Awards 2012 by Zee Business
- New Indian Express Group conferred Uday Kotak with the Runner-up award for Best Banker -Growth and Expansion at The Sunday Standard FINWIZ 2012 Best Bankers' Awards
- Among Forbes Asia's 'FAB 50' list in 2012 for the 3rd consecutive year
- Rated among the Top 25 Best Employers in India for three consecutive studies conducted since 2007 by Aon Hewit
- Recognised among the Top 10 Companies for Leaders to Work, in Asia Pacific, in a study conducted by RBL Group, Aon Hewitt and Fortune in 2011
- CFONEXT 100 Awards recognised the following among top 100 professionals to stand out as CFOs in the years to come:
- R. Krishnan, Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
- Uday Kotak - Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year India Award
- Best Medium Sized Bank of the Year Award by Businessworld
- Best Bank - Emerging Banks by Outlook Money
- Ranked among top 5 Best Ranked Companies for Corporate Governance Practices in IR Global Ranking
- NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) award in Best Performer in Account Growth Rate Category 2013, for Demat Accounts
- Kotak Junior ad film adjudged Best Banking Ad Worldwide 2013, by Bank Innovation - a leading global blog on banking
- EMC Transformers Award 2013 for Innovative implementation of storage technologies in the Bank
- Green IT Enterprise Award 2013 by CIO Forum and Schneider Electric for various power saving techniques implemented in Data Center. Kotak Mahindra Bank was amongst the Top 10 in the 'Top 10 Large Enterprises' category
- Best Prepaid Card Programme' at Financial Inclusion & Payments System (FIPS) 2014 for Kotak Samruddhi
- 9th most valuable brand in India in the BrandZ's 50 most valuable Indian brands ranking
- Best Local Cash Management Bank in India (6th year in a row) in the Asiamoney Cash Management Poll 2014 (For small and medium enterprises)
- Excellence in Security under 'Security in Bank' category at the Data Security Council of India Excellence Awards 2014
- Amit Jain (KMBL), Gaurav Sarayan (KMBL) and Prateek Diwan (KMCC) - Among the top 37 talented people in The Economic Times Young Leaders List, selected from across some 20000 executives
- Bullion Bank of the Year at the 4th India Bullion and Jewellery Awards 2016 by India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA)
- BFSI Digital Innovators Award in the Digital Pioneer category for Kotak Bharat App by Financial Express
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) recognised Kotak Mahindra Bank on the occasion of Muhurat Trading as one of the top 3 Performers in Primary Market Segment (Debt Public Issue Bids - Banks) (FY 15-16)
- Best Local Cash Management Bank in India in the mid-cap space at Asiamoney Cash Management Poll 2016
- Runner-up in the New Private Sector Bank 2014-15 category at FE Best Bank's Awards, awarded in 2017
- Kotak Mahindra Bank's Annual Report for FY2015-16 announced as Gold Competition Class Winner at LACP Vision Awards - Winter 2017 session in the Commercial Banks category
- Kotak 811 and biometric account opening recognised with an award at IBA's Banking Technology Awards 2018
- 811 recognised with the Bronze Award in the Mobile App category at the 2017 SMARTIESTM APAC Awards
- 811 recognised as the Best Corporate Innovation Award at India Fintech Forum 2017
- 811 named as winner at the 6th Edition of Banking Frontiers' Finnoviti Awards 2018
- Kotak Mahindra Bank's Annual Report for FY 2016-17 emerged as winner in Category II – Private Sector Banks by the Institution of Chartered Accountants of Indian (ICAI) at ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2016-17
- NetApp Innovation Award 2018 in the Enterprise Mobility Category
- Kotak Mahindra Bank recognised as Best Domestic Bank at the AsiaMoney Best Bank Awards 2019: India
- The Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019 Philanthropy Awards Nite recognised:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank as the Highest Fund Raising Corporate
- KVS Manian, President -Corporate, Institutional and Investment Banking as the TMM Legend
- Shanti Ekambaram, President - Consumer Banking as the Change Icon
- Manish Kothari, Senior Executive Vice President & Business Head - Corporate Banking as the Change Champion.
- 1985: Kotak Mahindra Finance commences bill discounting business.
- 1987: Entry into hire and purchase business.
- 1990: Launch of auto finance division for financing passenger cars.
- 1991: Investment banking division established.
- 1995: Launch of KMCC, a joint venture with Goldman Sachs Group for investment banking.
- 1996: Launch of Kotak Mahindra Primus Ltd. (now Kotak Mahindra Prime Ltd.), a joint venture with Ford Credit.
- 1998: India’s first gilt fund launched through Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company (KMAMC).
- 2001: Launch of Kotak Mahindra old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd. in partnership with old Mutual PLC.
- 2003: KMFL becomes India’s first non-banking finance company to be converted into a commercial bank.
- 2004: Kotak Mahindra Group enters alternate asset business with the launch of a private equity fund.
- 2005: The Kotak Mahindra Group realigns its joint venture with Ford Credit International (FCI). Under the realignment, the group gains complete ownership of Kotak Mahindra Prime (KMP) by acquiring the 40% stake previously held by FCI. At the same time, the group also sells its stake in Ford Credit Kotak Mahindra Ltd. (FCKM) to FCI, thereby giving Ford 100% ownership of the company.
- 2006: Kotak Mahindra Group buys out Goldman Sach’s equity stack in KMCC and Kotak Securities Ltd.
- 2008: Opening of bank’s representative office in Dubai.
- 2009: Launch of pension fund under India's National Pension System (NPS).
- 2014: Innovative solutions such as Jifi and KayPay launched for digital and social media.
- 2014: Acquisition of 15% equity stake in Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (MCX).
- 2015: RBI approves merger of ING Vysya Bank with Kotak Mahindra Bank effective from April 01, 2015.
- 2015: Kotak Mahindra General Insurance receives IRDA Approval to commence insurance business.
- 2016: Acquisition of 10,00,000 equity shares of institutional investor Advisory Services India Ltd.
- 2016: Acquisition of 9,83,82,022 (19.90%) equity shares of Airtel M Commerce Services Ltd. Co.(AMSL).
- 2017: Kotak Mahindra Bank acquires BSS Microfinance Private Ltd.
- 2018: Buyout of 26% old Mutual plc UK (OM) stack in Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd.
- 2018: Launch of Kotak Mahindra Debt Fund Ltd.
- 2019: Kotak Mahindra Bank inks pact with TollPlus.
- 2019: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches first international branch in Dubai.
- 2019: InstantPay, one of India's largest inclusive and neo banking platform, has entered into a strategic partnership with Kotak Mahindra Bank’s subsidiary -- Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company.
- 2019: Pine Labs partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank to enable EMIs on Kotak debit cards.
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches ‘ATM on Wheels’ facility in Mumbai.
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches 'ATM on Wheels' facility in Delhi-NCR region.
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches video-based KYC to open account remotely
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank collaborates with Innoviti Payment Solutions.
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches Cardless Cash Withdrawal Facility through ATMs.
- 2020: Kotak Mahindra Bank launches Kotak Digi Home Loans.
|Parent Organization||Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.||Managing Director||Dipak Gupta|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|