Automobile Two & Three Wheelers
|Market Cap||59,993 Cr||EPS||146.6||High||3040|
|Stock P/E||20.5||Net Profit Margin||9.0||Low||2990.15|
|Market Cap||59,993 Cr||ROE||40.5%|
|P/B Ratio||3.4||Dividend Yield||3.3%|
|Industry P/E||28.6||Book Value||871.3|
About the Company
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. is the world’s largest manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters. With innovation at the core of its philosophy, the New Delhi (India) headquartered Hero MotoCorp has been at the forefront of designing and developing technologically advanced motorcycles and scooters for customers around the world. It became the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer in 2001, in terms of unit volume sales in a calendar year, and has maintained the coveted title for the past many years.
It has taken rapid strides to expand its presence to many countries across Asia, Africa, and South & Central America. It is a truly global enterprise with a workforce that comprises of people from different nationalities including India, Bangladesh, Colombia, Germany, Austria, Japan, and France. It is the dominant market leader in India. The story of company can be traced back to the vision of a mobile and empowered India, powered by its two wheelers. Currently, the company has made it its mission to become the best two wheeler company, not only in India but globally by setting benchmarks in style, performance and technology.
Business area of the company
Hero MotoCorp is manufacturer of motorcycles and scooters. It is India's leading two wheeler company, which has been providing customers with an excellent range of two wheelers that ensure both style and comfort.
- Xtreme 160R BS6
- Xpulse 200 BS6
- Passion Pro BS6
- Splendor iSmart BS6
- Splendor+ BS6
- Glamour BS6
- HF Deluxe BS6
- Super Splendor BS6
- Destini 125 BS6
- Maestro Edge 125 BS6
- Maestro Edge 110 BS6
- Pleasure+ BS6
- Xpulse 200T
- Xtreme 200S
Awards and Recognition
- Winner of the Review 200 - Asia's Leading Companies Award (3rd Rank amongst the top 10 Indian companies).
- ICSI National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2004 by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Awaaz Consumer Awards 2005 Bike Maker of the Year Award by Overdrive Magazine.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
- Top Indian company in the Automobile - Two Wheeler sector by Dun & Bradstreet - American Express Corporate Awards 2006.
- Hero Honda Splendor rated as India's most preferred two-wheeler brand at the Awaaz Consumer Awards 2006.
- NDTV Profit Car India & Bike India Awards 2006.
- The NDTV Profit Car India & Bike India Awards 2007.
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2008.
- TopGear Design Awards 2008.
- NDTV Profit Car India & Bike India Awards.
- IndiaTimes Mindscape and Savile Row (A Forbes Group Venture) Loyalty Awards.
- Asian Retail Congress Award for Retail Excellence (Strategies and Solutions of business innovation and transformation).
- NDTV Profit Car India & Bike India Awards.
- TNS Voice of the Customer Awards.
- 'Two-wheeler Manufacturer of the Year' by NDTV Profit Car & Bike Awards 2009 and Passion Pro adjudged as CNB Viewers' Choice two-wheeler.
- Top Indian Company under the 'Automobile - Two-wheelers' sector bythe Dun & Bradstreet-Rolta Corporate Awards.
- Won Gold in the Reader's Digest Trusted Brand 2009 in the 'Motorcycles' category.
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2009 - two-wheeler category.
- Rated as Top Indian Company in Automobile - Two Wheelers sector by Dun & Bradstreet - Rolta Corporate Awards 2009.
- Most Preferred Brand of Two-Wheelers' award at the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards.
- Adjudged at top of the two-wheeler category in the Brand Equity Most Trusted Brands 2010 Survey.
- Ranked No. 3 Most Trusted Brand across categories amongst Young Adult Males.
- Company of the Year awarded by Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence 2008-09.
- CNBC TV18 Overdrive Awards 2010 'Hall of Fame' to Splendor.
- NDTV Profit Car & Bike Awards 2010 - Two-wheeler Manufacturer of the Year, CnB Viewers' Choice Two-wheeler of the Year (Karizma ZMR) and Bike Maker of the Year by ET-ZigWheels Car & Bike of the Year Awards 2009'.
- Two-wheeler Manufacturer of the Year award by Bike India magazine.
- Adjudged the 'Bike Manufacturer of the Year' at the Economic Times ZigWheels Car and Bike Awards.
- Business Leader in Automobiles (two-wheelers) at the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2012 (Conferred upon Mr. Pawan Munjal).
- Best value for Money Bike Maker and Best Advertising in Two Wheelers Category at the Auto India Best Brand Awards 2012.
- Digital Advertiser of the year at the Indian Digital Media Awards (IDMA) 2012.
- Three awards (Launch Event of the year, Rural Engagement Progamme and Live Patron Award for Marketing Excellence) at the WOW Awards organised by EventFAQsAdvertiser of the year 2012 by Indian Digital Media Awards 2012.
- Innovation in Loyalty Marketing Award (Initiative: Hero GoodLife Utsav) by Colloquy Loyalty Awards.
- TPM Excellence Award 2012 by JIPM (Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance).
- Green Pioneer Award - 2013.
- Business Leader of the Year' Award by Hon'ble President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee, at the AIMA Managing India Awards 2013 on April 11, 2013 (Conferred on Mr. Pawan Munjal).
- Business Leader of the Year' Award in the Auto (Two Wheelers) category by Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, at the NDTV Business Leadership Awards 2013 (Conferred on Mr. Pawan Munjal).
- CFO of the year Award (Conferred on Mr. Ravi Sud).
- Hero Motocorp receives TIME India Awards - Manufacturing Innovator of the Year Award.
- XPulse 200 awarded Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2020 by media houses and also awarded Tourer Bike (upto 250cc) of the Year 2020 by Flywheel Auto Awards.
- XPulse 200 was also awarded Bike of the Year (upto 200cc) and two-wheeler of the year by Car and Bike India.
- Maestro Edge 125 FI was chosen as Scooter of the Year 2020 by Autocar and by Car and Bike India.
- National Award for Excellent Energy Efficient Unit by CII to Gurgaon Plant.
- Joint Collaboration Agreement with Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Japan signed
- Shareholders Agreement signed
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. Incorporated
- First motorcycle 'CD 100' rolled out
- 100,000th motorcycle produced
- New motorcycle model - 'Sleek' introduced
- New motorcycle model - 'CD 100 SS' introduced
- 500,000th motorcycle produced
- Raman Munjal Vidya Mandir inaugurated - A School in the memory of founder Managing Director, Mr. Raman Kant Munjal
- New motorcycle model - 'Splendor' introduced
- 1,000,000th motorcycle produced
- New motorcycle model - 'Street' introduced
- Hero Honda's 2nd manufacturing plant at Gurgaon inaugurated
- 2,000,000th motorcycle produced
- New motorcycle model - 'CBZ' introduced
- Environment Management System of Dharuhera Plant certified with ISO-14001 by DNV Holland
- Raman Munjal Memorial Hospital inaugurated - A Hospital in the memory of founder Managing Director, Mr. Raman Kant Munjal
- 4,000,000th motorcycle produced
- Environment Management System of Gurgaon Plant certified ISO-14001 by DNV Holland
- Splendor declared 'World No. 1' - largest selling single two-wheeler model
- 'Hero Honda Passport Programme' - CRM Programme launched
- New motorcycle model - 'Passion' introduced
- One million production in one single year
- New motorcycle model - 'Joy' introduced
- 5,000,000th motorcycle produced
- Becomes the first Indian Company to cross the cumulative 7 million sales mark
- Splendor has emerged as the World's largest selling model for the third calendar year in a row (2000, 2001, 2002)
- New motorcycle model - 'CD Dawn' introduced, New motorcycle model - 'Splendor +' introduced, New motorcycle model - 'Passion Plus' introduced, New motorcycle model - 'Karizma' introduced
- New motorcycle model - 'Ambition 135' introduced
- Hero Honda became the World No. 1 Company for the third consecutive year.
- Crossed sales of over 2 million units in a single year, a global record
- Splendor - World's largest selling motorcycle crossed the 5 million mark
- New motorcycle model - 'CBZ' introduced
- Joint Technical Agreement renewed
- Total sales crossed a record of 10 million motorcycles
- Hero Honda is the World No. 1 for the 4th year in a row
- New motorcycle model - 'Super Splendor' introduced, New motorcycle model - 'CD Deluxe' introduced New motorcycle model - 'Glamour' introduced, New motorcycle model - 'Achiever' introduced
- First Scooter model from Hero Honda - 'Pleasure' introduced
- Hero Honda is the World No. 1 for the 5th year in a row
- 15 million production milestone achieved
- Hero Honda is the World No. 1 for the 6th year in a row
- New 'Splendor NXG' launched
- New 'CD Deluxe' launched
- New 'Passion Plus' launched
- New motorcycle model 'Hunk' launched
- 20 million production milestone achieved
- Hero Honda Haridwar Plant inauguration
- New 'Pleasure' launched
- Splendor NXG launched with power start feature
- New motorcycle model 'Passion Pro' launched
- New 'CBZ Xtreme' launched
- 25 million production milestone achieved
- CD Deluxe launched with power start feature
- New 'Glamour' launched
- New 'Glamour Fi' launched
- Hero Honda GoodLife Program launched Hunk' (Limited Edition) launched
- Splendor completed 11 million production landmark
- New motorcycle model 'Karizma - ZMR' launched
- Silver jubilee celebrations
- New model Splendor Pro launched
- Launch of new Super Splendor and New Hunk
- New licensing arrangement signed between Hero and Honda
- Launch of new refreshed versions of Glamour, Glamour FI, CBZ Xtreme, Karizma
- Crosses the landmark figure of 5 million cumulative sales in a single year
- July 29, 2011 - Hero Honda Motors changed its name to Hero MotoCorp following the exit of its erstwhile Japanese promoter, Honda, from the company
- Migration of all products to Brand Hero
- Launch of Impulse, Maestro and Ignitor
- Neemrana Plant Foundation Stone laid
- 50 Million cumulative 2 wheelers production
- Hero Motocorp Commences Construction Of Its New Plant & Global Parts Centre
- Hero Motocorp Launches Another Market First Offers Warranty Of 5 Years On All Its Two-Wheelers
- Hero Motocorp Commences Construction of Its ''GAME-CHANGING'' Centre Of Global Innovation And Research & Design
- Hero Motocorp Sets Yet Another Milestone In Its Journey Of Technological Leadershiphero Motocorp Zooms Ahead With Record Retail Sales Of Over 1.2 Million Units In Oct-Nov
- Hero Motocorp Heralds A New Era Of Technology Leadership
- Hero Motocorp Sets New Benchmark for the Global Two Wheeler Industry
- Hero Motocorp Launches Splendor Ismart With Game Changing I3s Technology
- Hero MotoCorp Augments Leadership with Highest-ever Calendar Year Sales in 2014
- Hero MotoCorp has launched a new entry level commuter, the HF Dawn
- Hero MotoCorp launches new Passion Pro bike
- HMCL Americas INC enters into ''Settlement Agreement'' to Acquire EBR's Consulting Business
- Hero MotoCorp has commenced operation in their first ever plant outside India established in Villa Rica, Colombia
- Hero MotoCorp Commences the New Year with Robust Sales
- Hero MotoCorp unveils four new 2-wheelers
- Hero MotoCorp unveils technology & innovation-driven new product strategy
- Hero MotoCorp inaugurates CIT in Jaipur -Hero MotoCorp Marks Five Years of Solo Journey with Leadership Performance
- Hero Motocorp begins a new era with the Splendor iSmart 110 - the first motorcycle completely designed & developed in-house
- Brad launch in Argentina
- First ever global product launch - Glamour 125 in Buenos Aires
- Appointment of Diego Simeone as Brand Ambassador
- Surpassed 75 million in cumulative sales
- Commercial production began at manufacturing facilities in Gujarat and Bangladesh
- Awarded the ‘Indian MNC of the Year’ by the All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Became the National Supporter of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017
- Hero Challenge introduced on Scottish Open
- Hero MotoSports Team Rally’s debut at Dakar 2017
- Launch of e-commerce portal for Hero Genuine Parts
- Entry into pre-owned two-wheeler business
- Hero Joyride program crossed One Million customer registrations
- Foundation stone laid at 8th manufacturing site in Andhra Pradesh (Chittoor)
- Hero MotoCorp Surpasses Record 7 Million Unit Sales In Calendar Year (Jan-Dec) 2017 - Yet Another Global Benchmark
- Hero MotoCorp Rides Into The Future With An All-New Roadster The Xtreme 200R
- Hero MotoCorp Unveils India’s First 200cc Adventure Motorcycle – ‘XPulse’
- Hero MotoCorp Sets A New Benchmark With Its New Customer Care Program Hero Joyride
- Hero MotoCorp Lays Foundation Stone Of Its 8th World-Class Manufacturing Facility
- Hero MotoCorp Makes A Bold & Premium Entry In The 125cc Scooter Segment With Destini 125
- Hero MotoCorp To Expand Its Premium Range With New Motorcycle - XPulse 200T
- Hero MotoCorp Extends Its Global Ride With Tiger Woods
- Hero MotoCorp Signs Virat Kohli As Brand Ambassador
- Hero MotoCorp, capped-off the Calendar Year (CY) 2018 with yet another significant benchmark, by selling a record 8,039,472 units of motorcycles and scooters in the January-December period.
- Hero MotoCorp, announced setting-up of its first Research and Development (R&D) Center at a global location - the Hero Tech Center Germany GmbH
- Hero MotoCorp Title Sponsor SJOBA Rally
- Hero MotoCorp catapults into a new era of premium biking, launches Xtreme 200S, XPulse 200, XPulse 200 FI and XPulse 200T
- Hero MotoCorp augments its premium strategy in scooter segment- Launches Maestro Edge 125 and Pleasure+ 110
- Hero MotoCorp becomes first two-wheeler manufacturer to get BS-VI certification
- Hero MotoCorp announced the appointment of Yerry Mina, the popular Colombian professional footballer, as its new Brand Ambassador
- "Diversity" Journey At Hero MotoCorp Surpasses Significant Milestone With 1000 Women Employees
- Hero MotoSports Wins The Pan Africa Rally 2019 At Merzouga
- Hero MotoCorp Surpasses 25 Million Units Landmark In Cumulative Production At Haridwar Facility
- Hero MotoCorp Launches India's First BS-VI Motorcycle
- Hero MotoCorp Forays Into Connected Mobility With 'Hero Connect'
- Hero MotoCorp launches Glamour BS-VI, Passion Pro BS-VI, XPulse Rally Kit and Xtreme 160R At 'Hero World 2020'
- Hero MotoCorp Intensifies Digital-First Approach by launching eSHOP for online sales of products
|Parent Organization||Hero MotoCorp Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|