|Market Cap||32,067 Cr||EPS||43.8||High||748.85|
|Stock P/E||15.2||Net Profit Margin||8.0||Low||651.65|
|Market Cap||32,067 Cr||ROE||4.6%|
|P/B Ratio||2.9||Dividend Yield||3.9%|
|Industry P/E||65.9||Book Value||229.3|
About the Company
Torrent Power is one of the leading brands in the Indian power sector, promoted by Torrent Group - committed to its mission of transforming life by serving two of the most critical needs - healthcare and power. It is an integrated power utility and is one of the largest private sector players in India having interests in power generation, transmission, distribution and manufacturing and supply of power cables.
Torrent Power foresaw the prospects in the power sector much before the liberalization, when it took-over and successfully turned around an ailing power cable company Mahendra Electricals, renaming it as ‘Torrent Cables Ltd.’ (now merged with Torrent Power Limited w.e.f. 1st April, 2014). The high points of Torrent’s foray into power however were the acquisitions of two of the India’s oldest utilities - The Surat Electricity Company Ltd and The Ahmedabad Electricity Company Ltd. Torrent turned them into first rate power utilities, in terms of operational efficiencies and reliability of power supply.
Torrent ranks amongst the best run power utilities in the country with highly efficient generation assets. The Company offers highly personalized and innovative customer services that incorporate various convenience features. Torrent Power created history by entering into the country’s first distribution franchisee agreement with Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited for Bhiwandi Circle in December 2006.
Business area of the company
Torrent Power has presence in power generation, transmission, distribution and manufacturing and supply of power cables. Its highly efficient generation assets and equally reliable distribution network are amongst the best in the country. Through continuous technology upgradation and customer care initiatives, Torrent Power continues to deliver enhanced value. For the customers in its license areas, disruption in life due to power failures or outages is a rare phenomenon, thanks to its outstanding operational efficiency.
- Distribution (Distribution Licensee, Franchisee)
- Mahendra Electricals taken over and renamed as ‘Torrent Cables Ltd.' - Torrent’s initial foray into power.
- Foundation stone for GTEC laid and Zero date announcedTorrent acquires management control of Surat Electricity Company.
- Torrent acquires management control of The Ahmedabad Electricity CompanyCombined Cycle operations of GTEC commissioned in mid-December 1998.
- Sale of equity stake in GTEC to Powergen India Pvt. Ltd. (India’s largest M & A transaction of the 20th century) The Ahmedabad Electricity Company’s customer base crosses 1 million mark.
- The Ahmedabad Electricity Company's turnover crosses the Rs. 10 billion mark.
- Work on 1147.5 MW combined cycle mega power project near Surat commenced.
- Torrent brings together three of its group companies Torrent Power AEC Limited, Torrent Power SEC Limited and Torrent Power Generation Limited under a single, unified brand - Torrent Power Torrent Power Generation Limited achieves financial closure.
- Torrent Power Generation Ltd. awards EPC contract for its upcoming SUGEN 1147.5 MW CCPP to a consortium of Siemens AG and Siemens Ltd. India; commences construction of its first power block Torrent Power Generation Ltd. and Siemens creats a 50:50 JV to provide O&M services to its SUGEN 1147.5 MW CCPP.
- Torrent Power bags MoP’s Gold Shield award for two years for outstanding performance in power distribution Torrent Power commences distribution operations in Bhiwandi, Maharashtra.
- Torrent Power Grid Ltd. obtains license from CERC to setup the 400kV transmission lineTorrent Power signs MOU with GPCL for setting up the 1000+ MW coal based power project at Pipavav in Gujarat.
- Phase I of Torrent Power Grid Ltd’s transmission system commissioned i.e LILO of Vapi-Jhanor.
- All three units of SUGEN Power Plant commissioned; commences commercial production Phase II of Torrent Power Grid Ltd’s transmission system commissioned i.e LILO of Dehgam-JhanorTorrent Power signs distribution franchise agreement with UPPCL for Agra and KanpurTorrent Power signs SHA with GPCL for setting up 1000+ MW coal based plant at Pipavav, district Amreli, Gujarat.
- Phase III of Torrent Power Grid Ltd’s transmission system commissioned i.e. 141 km line connecting phase II with the Pirana substation of PGCILTorrent Power commences distribution operations in Agra, Uttar Pradesh effective from 1st April, 2010 Torrent Power and its subsidiary, Torrent Energy Ltd., awards EPC contract to Siemens for implementing UNOSUGEN (standalone 382.5 MW generation plant at its existing SUGEN plant location) and DGEN (1200 MW generation plant at Dahej SEZ) projects Torrent Energy Ltd., subsidiary of Torrent Power Ltd., commenced distribution operations in Dahej SEZ effective from April 04, 2010.
- The Company successfully uprates the 110 MW coal based E station of AMGEN, to 121 MW and synchronises the same with the grid on 21st October, 2013.
- DGEN and UNOSUGEN get successfully registered with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change under the Clean Development Mechanism.
- Torrent Power puts into commercial operation the 382.5 MW UNOSUGEN Power Project.
- UNOSUGEN integrates with the certifications of SUGEN under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 50001:2011, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
- AMGEN receives certification under ISO 50001:2011 (Energy Management System)
- Successful commissioning of the 1200 MW DGEN Power Project at Dahej SEZ, District Bharuch, Gujarat.
- Torrent Power develops and commissions the 51 MW Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Plant at the Charanka Solar Park in Gujarat.
- DGEN receives certifications under ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, BS OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 50001:2011 and ISO 55001:2014.
- Torrent Energy Limited and Torrent Cables Limited amalgamate with Torrent Power Limited with effective date of 1st October, 2015 and appointed date of 1st April, 2014 pursuant to the order of the High Court of Gujarat sanctioning the Composite Scheme of Amalgamation.
- Torrent Power launches first-of-its-kind user-friendly Customer Self Service mobile application ‘Torrent Power Connect’ and web portal ‘connect.torrentpower.com’, offering highly personalized and real time services in the Company’s License Areas of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Surat as well as in the Franchisee areas of Agra & Bhiwandi has been launched.
- The Company receives “Gujarat Ratna Award” for demonstrating excellence in the power sector.
- Torrent Power books regasification and storage capacity with Petronet LNG Limited up to 1 MMTPA for 20 years starting from April, 2017.
- Successful commissioning of the 81 MW GENSU Solar Power Project adjacent to SUGEN Plant in a cost effective manner.
- Awarding EPC contract to Suzlon Energy Limited for implementing 201.6 MW Wind Power Project in Kutch and Bhavnagar districts in Gujarat.
- Awarding EPC contract to Wind World India Ltd. for implementing 136.8 MW Wind Power Project in Rajkot and Surendranagar districts in Gujarat.
- DGEN Plant receives five star rating from British Safety Council on Five Star Occupational Health and Safety System Audit.
- Cables Unit receives certification under ISO 14001: 2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
New “Plug points”, the digital customer service centres were launched in Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar.
- Over 125 new collection centres have been launched at various geographies across the distribution areas for greater convenience to customers.
- The Company has acquired 100% equity share capital of two Companies namely; Jodhpur Wind Farms Private Limited and Latur Renewables Private Limited.
- Launched following infrastructure projects at Surat Distribution: Document storage building at Puna sub-station Premises to facilitate state of the art storage facilities for all customer related documents and other imporatant documents of various departments.
- Power Supply Centers at B and E Station Premises and Customer Service Buidling at B Station Premises will have modern architecture, all latest facilities for the employees, visitors and customers, energy efficient systems and fire detection and prevention systems.
- The Company has acquired entire paid up share capital of TCL Cables Private Limited, the step down subsidiary and the same has become direct Wholly-owned Subsidiary (WOS) of the Company
|Parent Organization||Torrent Power Ltd.||Managing Director||Jinal Mehta|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|