IT - Software
|Market Cap||5,76,194 Cr||EPS||54.3||High||1395.75|
|Stock P/E||25.6||Net Profit Margin||17.2||Low||1374.1|
Infosys Price chart
|Market Cap||5,76,194 Cr||ROE||29.4%|
|P/B Ratio||7.2||Dividend Yield||2.2%|
|Industry P/E||30.8||Book Value||192.5|
About the Company
Infosys was incorporated in Pune, in 1981, as Infosys Consultants Private Limited, a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. In 1983, the corporate headquarters were relocated to Bangalore. The name of the Company was changed to Infosys Technologies Private Limited in April 1992 and to Infosys Technologies Limited in June 1992, when the Company became a public limited company. The company has its primary listings on the BSE and National Stock Exchange of India. The company’s American Depositary Shares (ADS) representing equity shares are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Infosys is a NYSE listed global consulting and IT services company. The company has catalyzed some of the major changes that have led to India's emergence as the global destination for software services talent. It pioneered the Global Delivery Model and became the first IT company from India to be listed on NASDAQ. Its employee stock options program created some of India's first salaried millionaires.
Infosys’ strategic objective is to build a sustainable organization that remains relevant to the agenda of clients, while creating growth opportunities for employees and generating profitable returns for investors. Infosys strategy is to be a navigator for our clients as they ideate, plan and execute on their journey to a digital future.
Business area of the company
Infosys is a leading provider of consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation digital services, enabling clients to execute strategies for their digital transformation.
Awards and Accreditations
- 1993: Received the Trophy for Excellence in Export Performance, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- 1994: Won the Best Annual Report Award, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
- 1994: Received the All India Shield Award for Excellence in Export in the ‘Electronics and Computer Software Section,’ Electronics and Computer Software Promotion Council, New Delhi.
- 1995: Won the Lloyds Rolling Trophy for Global Excellence, CRB Capital Markets Ltd.
- 1995: Won the Best Annual Report Award, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
- 1995: Voted as one of Asia's Best Managed Companies by Asiamoney.
- 1996: Won the Special Award for Excellence under the category ‘Innovation of new products,’ Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council, New Delhi.
- 1996: Received the Award of Certificate of Merit for Exports Performance, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- 1997: Infosys was judged one of India's most remarkable and rapidly-growing entrepreneurial companies by the World Economic Forum.
- 1997: Infosys won the Best Regional Company Award, Bangalore Stock Exchange.
- 1997: Infosys received the National IT Award under ‘Best Packaged Application Category’ for Bancs2000, Computer Society of India.
- 1997: Voted one of Asia's Best Managed Companies by Asiamoney.
- 1998: Won the award for the Best Published Corporate Accounts in the non-financial sector for 1996-1997 awarded by the South Asian Federation of Accountants.
- 1998: Ranked first in the Award for Corporate Excellence, the Economic Times, India.
- 1998: Best Annual Report Award for 1997-1998 from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi.
- 1998: Won Company of the Year from The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence.
- 1999: Infosys was selected as one of Asia's Leading Companies in the Far Eastern Economic Review's REVIEW 200 Survey. Infosys was selected as one of the top 10 companies in India and ranked second in ‘Overall Leadership’ and first as the ‘Company that Others Try to Emulate’.
- 1999: Infosys was voted India's most admired company by The Economic Times Survey of India's Most Admired Companies.
- 1999: Won the Best Managed Company award (1999) by Asiamoney magazine.
- 1999: Won the Dataquest IT Pathbreaker award.
- 1999: Selected as an Organization with Progressive Business Strategies by the World Strategy Forum.
- 1999: Featured in Forbes Magazine's list of 20 most promising small companies in the world.
- 1999: Received the IETE Corporate Award for Performance Excellence in Electronics, Telecommunications, and IT Industry for the year 1999 from Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers.
- 1999: Received the ICAI Silver Shield for ‘Best Presented Accounts’ for the fourth consecutive year.
- 1999: Awarded the status of an International Super Star Service Export House in accordance with the provisions of the Government of India's new Export Import (Exim) Policy. Infosys was the first company to get this status.
- 2000: The Business Today-Hewitt Study, to find out which companies have really charged the 'emotional and intellectual energy' of their managerial employees, rated Infosys Technologies as the Best Employer of India. Infosys emerged first in a survey of 155 companies.
- 2000: Only two years after making its debut in the Far Eastern Economic Review's Review 200 listings, Infosys topped the ranking of Indian corporates.
- 2000: Voted India's Best Managed Company four years in a row (1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999) by the Asiamoney poll.
- 2000: For the fifth year in succession, Infosys received the Silver Shield from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Best Presented Accounts among the entries received from non-financial, private sector companies, for the year 1998–1999.
- 2000: Infosys was awarded the National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance by a panel of judges chaired by former Chief Justice of India, P.N. Bhagwati. This award is conferred by the Government of India and sponsored by Unit Trust Of India.
- 2000: Won National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance – sponsored by the Unit Trust of India.
- 2000: Infosys was awarded the Ramakrishna Bajaj Quality Award, based on the Malcolm-Baldrige criteria by the Indian Merchants' Chamber.
- 2000: Infosys won the Best Regional Software House award by Financial Technology Asia Magazine, Hong Kong.
- 2000: Won a special award as Technology Pioneer (2000) from the World Economic Forum.
- 2000: Won the Corporate Award for excellence in Corporate Governance, Bombay Stock Exchange, India.
- 2001: Mr. N.R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman and CEO, named among the 25 most influential global executives by TIME/CNN.
- 2001: Infosys ranked No. 1 among the most respected companies in India by the BusinessWorld-IMRB Survey. Infosys also ranked number one on 13 of the 18 parameters in the survey.
- 2001: Infosys ranked No.24 in the Smart 100 list by Smart Partner magazine.
- 2001: Ranked 45 among the top 100 Market Leaders by the DiamondCluster Center for Market Leadership in 2000 - 2001.
- 2001: Infosys ranked No.2 in corporate governance in a survey of 495 emerging market companies by CLSA Emerging Markets.
- 2001: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has adjudged the Annual Report and Accounts of Infosys for the year ended March 31, 2000, as the best among the entries received from Non-Financial Private Sector Companies for the Best Presented Accounts Competition 1999-2000. This is the sixth consecutive year that Infosys has won the Silver Shield.
- 2002: Infosys awarded CII-Exim Bank Award for Business Excellence.
- 2002: Infosys won the Annual Corporate University Xchange Excellence Award for 2002 for 'Aligning Corporate Learning to Business Strategies'.
- 2002: First among 37 India-based companies in the Review 200 - Asia's Leading Companies survey 2001 - by the Far Eastern Economic Review.
- 2002: Ranked No.1 in the Best Employers in India 2002 survey conducted by Hewitt Associates for the second consecutive year.
- 2002: First in the Dataquest Employee Perception Survey conducted in the top 20 Indian software companies.
- 2002: First rank in the BusinessWorld's ‘India's Most Respected Company’ survey.
- 2002: Corporate Citizenship Award by the Economic Times.
- 2002: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India National Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance by the Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs, Department of Company Affairs, Government of India.
- 2002: Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance in the Global Category by the World Council for Corporate Governance, London.
- 2002: Ranked No.1 in CG Watch 2002, a corporate governance survey of emerging market companies by CLSA Emerging Markets.
- 2002: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India award for best presented annual report in 2001 for the seventh successive year.
- 2002: Award by Computer World magazine in recognition of the contributions in the social area using IT.
- 2002: Best regional software house award by Financial Technology Asia.
- 2002: Asiamoney award for best investor relations in India for 2001, best managed company in India for 2001, and best managed company of the decade in India 1991-2001.
- 2003: Infosys won the Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Award.
- 2003: Infosys ranked 34 among Wired Magazine's 40 companies that are reshaping the global economy.
- 2003: BusinessWeek ranked Infosys No. 74 among the top 100 fastest growing IT companies in the world.
- 2003: Infosys ranked No.1 Employer in the IT sector by Dataquest for the second time in a row.
- 2003: Ranked the Best Employer in India by Business Today-Hewitt in their annual survey.
- 2003: Rated among the best Under a Billion Forbes Global 200 small companies for 2002 by Forbes Global.
- 2003: Awarded the Global Corporate Achievement Award 2002 for Asia Pacific Region by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- 2004: Infosys won the Golden Peacock National Quality Award for 2004.
- 2004: SAFA (South Asian Federation of Accountants) Best Presented Accounts Award 2003 in the ‘Communication and Information Technology Sector’ was conferred on Infosys for its Annual Report.
- 2004: Infosys received the award from Global Finance magazine as the Best company in the ‘Computer Software Sector’ in Asia
- 2004: Infosys Technologies won the prestigious Global MAKE (Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises) award
- 2004: TIME magazine Global Tech Influentials list (August 2004) identified Mr. N.R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman of the Board and Chief Mentor, as one of the ten leaders who are helping shape the future of technology.
- 2004: Infosys won the 2004 Annual Asian Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) award.
- 2005: Infosys won the first position in SAFA (South Asian Federation of Accountants) Best Presented Accounts Award 2004 in the ‘Communication and Information Technology Sector’ based on the evaluation of the Annual Report of the company.
- 2005: Infosys topped the regional rankings for best Corporate Governance in Asiamoney's Corporate Governance Poll.
- 2005: Infosys received the Best Annual report award from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the tenth successive year.
- 2006: Infosys BPO ranked among Top 100 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 APAC rankings 2006.
- 2006: Infosys won the APICS Corporate Award of Excellence for 2006 in the ‘Education’ category at the APICS International Conference in Orlando.
- 2006: Infosys was rated among the Top 5 investor relations websites in APAC / Africa by IR magazine.
- 2006: ICAI judges Infosys Annual Report 2006 best in ‘Information Technology, Communication and Entertainment Enterprises’ category.
- 2006: Best Presented Accounts in ‘Communication and Information Technology Sector’ in SAFA (South Asian Federation of Accountants) BPA Awards 2005 and overall winner of the SAFA Best Presented Accounts 2005.
- 2006: Finacle from Infosys emerges as a ‘leader’ in retail banking platforms.
- 2006: Nandan M. Nilekani receives Dataquest IT Person 2006 award.
- 2006: Infosys named the most admired company for the 6th consecutive survey by Asia Wall Street Journal.
- 2007: Infosys became the first Indian company to win Nielsen Norman Group's Intranet Design Annual Award.
- 2007: Infosys received Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame Award for ‘Executing Strategy’.
- 2007: Infosys ranked no. 14 in FinTech 100.
- 2007: Infosys BPO conferred Provider of the Year award by FAO Today.
- 2007: Infosys awarded Best-In-Class ITSMA Marketing Excellence Diamond Award.
- 2007: BT and Infosys won the National Outsourcing Association's Innovative Outsourcing Project of the Year.
- 2007: Infosys positioned in the ‘Leaders Quadrant’ for European Offshore Application Services.
- 2007: Infosys ranked No.1 offshore service provider in securities processing BPO.
- 2007: Infosys positioned in the ‘Leaders Quadrant’ in the Magic Quadrant for North American Offshore Applications Services.
- 2008: Infosys selected member of The Global Dow.
- 2008: Infosys BPO honored at the Asia Business Continuity Awards.
- 2008: Infosys BPO recognized at the Six Sigma Global Summit.
- 2008: Infosys received ‘Positive’ rating in leading analyst firm's Remote Support & Monitoring Services MarketScope reports.
- 2008: Infosys BPO won the Special Award at the 2008 NOA Awards.
- 2008: Infosys cited as a ‘leader’ in Oracle Implementation Services by independent research firm.
- 2008: Infosys Australia achieved enhanced CMMI Level 5 quality standard.
- 2008: Infosys won the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) award.
- 2008: Infosys received the first-ever RMMY award for customer relationship management.
- 2009: Infosys won RMMY award for client management of large outsourcing relationships.
- 2009: Infosys named a ‘leader’ among Oracle Service Providers by independent research firm.
- 2009: Infosys named among Asia’s Admired Knowledge Enterprises.
- 2009: Infosys honored with Oracle Titan Partner Award at Oracle OpenWorld 2009.
- 2009: Infosys Siebel Business Process Testing Solution from Infosys named Partner Solution Offering of the Year at HP Software Universe 2009.
- 2009: Infosys named a Top Supplier for Sears Holdings Corporation.
- 2009: Infosys named a ‘leader’ in SAP Implementation by independent research firm.
- 2009: Infosys BPO won the Excellence Award for Diversity Hiring Initiatives.
- 2009: Infosys BPO received e-SCM-SP Capability Level 5 Certificate from Carnegie Mellon University's ITSqc.
- 2009: Infosys cited as a ‘leader’ in North American SOA Systems Integration Services Market by independent research firm.
- 2010: Infosys recognized among top 20 global companies at the Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Award 2010.
- 2010: Infosys, the most admired Indian company: The Wall Street Journal Asia 200 survey.
- 2010: Infosys ranked among the top ten value-creating technology and telecommunications companies by The Boston Consulting Group.
- 2010: Telstra and Infosys won Best ITSM (IT Service Management) Project of the Year, the top industry award bestowed by itSMF Australia, the peak body for ITSM in Australia.
- 2010: Infosys BPO recognized for ‘outsourced services delivery’ at the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON) 2010 North American and Australasian Shared Services Excellence Awards.
- 2010: Infosys voted the best company in management, corporate governance, investor relations, and corporate social responsibility (India) in a FinanceAsia magazine survey.
- 2011: Infosys won the 2011 Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) Award - the first and only Indian company to win the award eight times.
- 2011: Infosys ranked 4th in 2011 Bliss Leap Awards.
- 2011: Infosys ranked No. 1 in all the 4 categories - ‘Best IR website,’ ‘Best Online Annual Report’, ‘Best Financial Disclosure,’ and ‘Best Corporate Governance Practices’ - at the 2011 IR Global Rankings in India.
- 2011: Infosys recognized in Institutional Investor magazine's 2011 All-Asia Executive Team Rankings.
- 2011: Infosys won ‘Platinum Award’ in The Asset Corporate 2010 Awards.
- 2011: Infosys topped Asiamoney’s poll on best practices in corporate governance.
- 2011: Infosys voted the most admired Indian company in the Business world Most Respected Companies 2011 survey.
- 2011: Infosys, the most preferred company to work for in India: Business Today survey.
- 2012: Infosys awarded National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for energy conservation efforts at its campuses in Jaipur and Pune, India .
- 2012: Infosys Finacle ranked as a ‘long-term leader’ in The Forrester Wave: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012, published by Forrester Research.
- 2012: Infosys recognized for its corporate governance practices, financial disclosures, and IR website in the 2012 IR Global Rankings.
- 2012: Infosys BPO won the 2012 Optimas Award for ‘Managing Change’.
- 2012: Infosys BPO received the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media'.
- 2012: Infosys won the 2012 Microsoft Platform Modernization award.
- 2012: Infosys received three Oracle Excellence Awards.
- 2012: Infosys positioned as a ‘leader’ in the Magic Quadrant for International Retail Core Banking 2012.
- 2012: Infosys BPO won a Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award 2012.
- 2013: Infosys has been awarded the 2013 Ian Kiernan Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by the Australian Human Resources Institute.
- 2013: Asiamoney’s annual Corporate Governance Poll 2013 votes Infosys as the best in several categories including ‘Best Overall for Corporate Governance’ and ‘Best for Investor Relations’.
- 2013: Infosys bags platinum at the Asset Excellence in Management and Corporate Awards 2013.
- 2013: Infosys ranked third globally for corporate governance practices and second best for IR website in India by IR Global Rankings 2013.
- 2013: The National Outsourcing Association (NOA) has presented Infosys and BT with the 2013 award for excellence in telecommunication, utilities and hi-tech outsourcing.
- 2013: Infosys has been positioned in the winner’s circle in HfS Enterprise Analytics Services Blueprint 2013. The report recognizes Infosys for its significant scale in analytics, execution excellence across service areas, and responsiveness to clients.
- 2014: Infosys has won the 2014 Asia IP Elite Award. The award recognizes companies that are leading the way in IP value creation in the Asia-Pacific region.
- 2014: Infosys has won the 2014 Thomson Reuters India Innovation Award in the Hi-Tech Corporate category. It honors organizations headquartered in India for their spirit of innovation in R&D as it relates to Indian patent publications.
- 2014: Infosys has won the DSCI (Data Security Council of India) Excellence Award under the ‘Privacy in Outsourcing Sector (IT-ITeS/BPM)’ category
- 2014: The 2014 Asian Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) award has been presented to Infosys.
- 2014: Infosys has once again topped ‘ASIAMONEY’s Corporate Governance Poll, 2014’ in the ‘domestic country’ category. This year’s poll was expanded to cover Australia and Vietnam, and is the largest ever, with 322 select analysts and investors voicing their opinions
- 2014: Infosys was honored with several awards at the ‘Institutional Investor 2014 All-Asia Rankings’ in the IT services and Software category. The recognitions included Best CFO and Best Investor Relations
- 2014: Infosys has been recognized for its excellence in two categories - Innovation and Environment, Health and Safety in the 10th Indo-American Trade Excellence Awards.
- 2015: Infosys Annual Report 2014-15 has received the ‘Gold’ award in the ‘IT’ category at the League of American Communications Professionals Vision Awards 2014. It recognizes excellence and best-in-class practices in communication and design. Infosys Annual Report 2014-15 is among the Top 50 Reports. The letter to the shareholder, incorporated in the report, has been adjudged the ‘Best Shareholder Letter’ in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- 2015: Infosys received several awards at the 2015 All-Asia Executive Team rankings by Institutional Investor magazine in the Technology/IT Services and Software sector. For the fifth time in a row, Infosys received recognitions in multiple categories, including first place for ‘Best CFO’, ‘Best Investor Relations’ and ‘Best Investor Relations Professional.’
- 2015: Infosys has been included in the Euronext Vigeo – Emerging 70 index. This index distinguishes the 70 most advanced companies in the emerging markets achieving the most advanced Environmental, Social and Governance performances. These companies have achieved the highest scores, as determined by the review of up to 330 indicators, assessed by Vigeo within 38 sustainability drivers.
- 2015: Infosys has been ranked among Asia’s Most Admired Brands 2014 by World Consulting & Research Corporation (WCRC), a leading brand rating and ranking company. Infosys features among the top 50 in the list of 100 brands from Asia that are noted for their loyalty, innovation, product category, brand aesthetics and design, among global consumers.
- 2016: Infosys adjudged Best Company in India at the 20th Finance Asia Platinum Awards.
- 2016: Infosys wins the Golden Peacock Award at the 16th London Global Convention on ‘Corporate Governance and Sustainability’.
- 2016: Infosys honored at Asia's Best Companies 2016 awards.
- 2016: The Infosys ReachOut solution was selected by The American Council for Technology - Industry Advisory council (ACT-IAC) as one of the top 40 finalists for its Igniting Innovation 2016 Awards.
- 2016: Infosys Finacle was rated as a Market Leader in Ovum’s Core Banking Decision Matrix for Europe.
- 2016: Infosys Finacle was positioned as one of the top selling solution in IBS Sales League 2016.
- 2016: Infosys Finacle was recognized for Best Innovations in Digital Initiative - Middle and Back Office and the Best Islamic Banking Technology Provider in the Middle East at the 2016 Private Banking Middle East Awards.
- 2016: Infosys was named the Tableau GSI Partner of the Year.
- 2016: Infosys was named the Hitachi Data Systems Innovation Partner of the Year.
- 2017: Infosys won the Platinum Award at the Asset Corporate Awards, the longest running Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) awards in Asia. The award is based on an evaluation of financial performance, management, corporate governance, social and environmental responsibility, and investor relations.
- 2017: Infosys won the Responsible Business and the Indo-U.S. Trade Driver of the Year Awards at the 13th Indo-American Corporate Excellence Awards.
- 2017: Infosys received awards for Best CEO, Best CFO and Best Investor Relations by Institutional Investor magazine at the 2017 All-Asia Executive Team rankings in the technology/IT services and software sector.
- 2017: Infosys won 2017 Golden Peacock Environment Management Award.
- 2017: Infosys CEO Dr. Vishal Sikka named CNBC Asia's India Business Leader of The Year at the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards.
- 2018: Infosys recognized for its ‘best cash management’ at the ET Now - Star of the Industry Awards 2018 for excellence in working capital and cash management.
- 2018: Infosys won the Platinum Award at the Asset Corporate Awards, the longest running Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) awards in Asia, for the 9th consecutive year. This award is based on an evaluation of financial performance, management, corporate governance, social and environmental responsibility and investor relations.
- 2018: Infosys won the Best Investor Relations Team award and the Best Initiative in Environmental Responsibility award at the Asset Corporate Awards.
- 2018: Infosys received awards for Best CFO, Best Investor Relations Professional, Best Investor Relations Program, Best Corporate Governance, Best ESG SRI Metrics, and Best Analyst Day in the 2018 All-Asia Executive Team rankings in the technology/IT services and software sector.
- 2018: Infosys Investor Relations Officer Sandeep Mahindroo wins the Best Investor Relations Officer and the Best Investor Relations Team awards at the inaugural IR Magazine Awards - India.
- 2018: Infosys CFO M.D. Ranganath awarded CFO100 Roll of Honor as a tribute to his exceptional contribution to investor relations and corporate finance.
- 2019: Infosys has been recognized among the top six employers in Australia for 2019 by Randstad, a global HR consultancy based on the most attractive qualities at the workplace and brand recognition.
- 2019: Infosys won the prestigious United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the ‘Climate Neutral Now’ category. Infosys is the only corporate from India to earn the recognition for its efforts to combat climate change.
- 2019: Infosys awarded the Role Model Corporate award at the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People.
- 2019: Infosys awarded the AVATR 'Choice of Jury' PUTHRI Award for Excellence in CSR 2019 for Infosys Foundation’s Devadasis rehabilitation project.
- 2019: Infosys won the ‘Enabler: Employer of Persons with Disabilities’ award at the Nipman Foundation - Microsoft Equal Opportunity Awards 2019 held on November 13. The Equal Opportunity Awards recognize organizations and individuals empowering persons with disabilities in their workspaces and lifestyles.
- 2019: Infosys won the NASSCOM Corporate Awards for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion in the persons with disabilities category.
- 2019: InStep, the global internship program at Infosys, was ranked number one in the best ‘overall internship’ category in the 2020 Internship Rankings by Vault.com, a career intelligence organization. InStep was also ranked first in tech and engineering, diversity, compensation and benefits, and quality of life categories and ranked second in the career development category.
- 2019: Infosys won Best Finance Team, Best Automation in Finance, Best Financial Planning and Analysis and Best Cash Management awards at the Stars of the Industry Awards.
- 2019: Infosys ranked as the 3rd Best Regarded Company in the World by Forbes in its annual list of the top 250 best-regarded companies across the globe. Forbes in partnership with Statista ranked businesses based on trustworthiness, social conduct, the strength of their products and services and how they fare as employers.
- 2019: Infosys won two People's Choice Awards, namely Best Employer Branding Campaign Award and the Best Employer in Innovation in Recruitment Award, at the JobBuzz Workplace 2025 Conclave organized by the Times Group in New Delhi in August 2019.
- 2019: Infosys recognized as the Working Mother and AVTAR Best 100 Companies for Women in India and the 2019 Champion of Inclusion in the Most Inclusive Companies in India (MICI) Index by AVTAR in September 2019. The AVTAR Awards evaluate participating organizations on the results of their practices around the hiring, retention and advancement of women. They also evaluate and rank safety and security measures, benefits, flexible work options and importantly the company culture and management accountability.
- 2019: Infosys featured among the top five companies in TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies to Work For rankings announced in July 2019. Infosys ranked fourth in the Best Companies for Technology Jobs in Cupertino, California and fifth in the Best Companies for Computer Information Systems Jobs in Long Beach, California as well as Best Companies for Management Consulting Jobs in Baltimore, Maryland.
- 2019: Infosys awarded as one of the Most Honored companies for receiving multiple awards at the 2019 All-Asia Executive Team Rankings from Institutional Investor.
- 2019: Infosys won the Best Investor Relations Team (large cap) Award and the Best Use of Media and Technology Award at the IR Magazine Awards - India 2019.
- 2019: Infosys won the Asia’s best in-house tax team of the year by Euromoney, International Tax Review.
- 2019: Infosys won the Treasury Team of the Year - India award and the Best Supply Chain Solution - India award at the 2019 Asset Triple A Asian Awards.
- 2019: Infosys Deputy CFO Jayesh Sanghrajka was awarded CFO100 Roll of Honor 2019 as recognition of his exceptional contribution to cost control and management.
- 2019: Infosys’ Investor Relations (IR) function has been adjudged one of the top two IR functions amongst Indian companies in an annual survey conducted by FinanceAsia. In addition, Infosys was also adjudged one of the top five best Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) companies in India.
- 2020: Infosys was awarded as one of the ‘Most Honored’ companies for receiving multiple awards at the 2020 All-Asia Executive Team Rankings from Institutional Investor, a leading provider of independent, qualitative feedback, for all three sides of the investment community. The rankings are based on opinions of 1,921 portfolio managers and buy-side analysts and 611 sell-side analysts.
- 2020: Infosys USA has been certified as Great Place to Work for excellence in its employment practices. Great Place to Work is the global authority on workplace culture.
- 2020: Infosys recognized as a 2020 ‘Top Employer’ in Australia and Singapore, and among the top three employers in Japan, by the Top Employer Institutes.
- 2020: Infosys’ Investor Relations (IR) function has been recognized as the Top IR Functions amongst Indian companies in an annual survey conducted by FinanceAsia. In addition, Infosys was also adjudged the top company, who is most committed to social causes and among top three in Best Environmental Stewardship in India.
- 2020: Infosys won the 2020 BEST Awards by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), USA, in recognition of its enterprise-wide success as a result of employee talent development.
- 2020: Infosys won Finance Transformation and Best Financial Reporting awards at ET NOW Business Leader of the Year Awards.
- 1981 - Infosys was incorporated by N R Narayana Murthy and six engineers in Pune, India with an initial capital of $250. In the same year, the company received an order from its first client Data Basics Corporation of New York.
- 1983 - The company shifts its headquarters from Pune to Bangalore.
- 1987 - The company opens its first international office in Boston, US.
- 1993: Infosys Introduced Employee Stock Options (ESOP) program. The same year company received ISO 9001/TickIT certification
- 1994: The company relocated its corporate headquarters to Electronics City, Bangalore. It opened a development center at Fremont.
- 1995: The company opened its first European office in the UK and Global Development Centers at Toronto and Mangalore. It also established e-Business practice.
- 1996: The Infosys Foundation was set up.
- 1997: The software major set up an office in Toronto, Canada. The company was assessed at CMM Level 4.
- 1998: The company began enterprise solutions (packaged applications) practices.
- 1999: The company generated revenues of $100 million. In 1999, Infosys was listed in NASDAQ. Later in the year 2006, the company became part of NASDAQ-100; it was first Indian and only the company to be part of any of the major global indices. It achieved a CMM Level 5 certification. The same year the company commissioned various offices in Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Australia, and two development centers in the US. The company launched Infosys Business Consulting Services.
- 2000: The company’s revenues touched $200 million mark. Infosys opened offices in France and Hong Kong, a global development center in Canada and UK, and three development centers in the US. It company re-launched its universal banking solution- Banks 2000 as Finacle.
- 2001: The company touched $400 million revenues mark. It set up offices in UAE and Argentina, and a development center in Japan. Infosys was rated as the Best Employer by Business World/Hewitt
- 2002: Infosys touched $500 million revenues mark. Nandan M Nilekani takes over as CEO from N R Narayana Murthy, who is appointed Chairman and Chief Mentor. The company opened offices in the Netherlands, Singapore and Switzerland. Infosys collaborated with the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania to set up The Wharton Infosys Business Transformation Awards (WIBTA). The same year, company launched Progeon that offers business process outsourcing services.
- 2003: The company established subsidiaries in China and Australia. It expanded its operations in Pune and China and established a Development Center in Thiruvananthapuram
- 2004: The company touched $1 billion revenues mark. Infosys Consulting Inc was launched.
- 2005: The company records the largest international equity offering of $1 billion from India.
- 2006: Infosys celebrated 25 years of its existence. The company touches $2 billion revenues mark. The employee strength grew to 50,000 plus. N R Narayana Murthy retired from the services of the company and board of directors appointed him as an Additional Director. He continues Board of Directors appoints him as an Additional Director.
- 2007: Infosys crossed revenues of $3 billion. Employees strength grew to over 70,000. Kris Gopalakrishnan, COO became CEO and Nandan M Nilekani was appointed as Co-Chairman of the board of directors. The company set up a new subsidiary in Latin America.
- 2008: Infosys crossed revenues of $4.18 billion.
- 2009: Infosys USA Foundation has provided a grant for the New York City (NYC) Science Education Initiative to spread science literacy among students of underserved communities.
- 2011: The company bags Rs 700-crore financial services systems integrator contract from the Department of Posts (DoP). This is the second contract from the department for Infosys.
- 2013: Infosys begins trading on NYSE Euronext London and Paris markets
- 2013: Infosys Edg wins the NASSCOM Business Innovation Award for 2013
- 2013: Infosys presented with ‘2013 Environmental Tracking Carbon Ranking Leader’ award.
- 2015: Infosys acquired Noah Consulting LLC, a leading provider of advanced information management consulting services for the oil and gas industry.
- 2015: Infosys acquired Skava, a Leading Provider of Digital Experience Solutions for the Retail Industry
- 2015: Infosys acquired Panaya, Inc., a leading provider of automation technology for large scale enterprise software management
- 2015: Infosys announces USD 250 million ‘Innovate in India Fund’ to support Indian start-ups
- 2015: Infosys Public Services Implements Financial Management Solution for L.A. Care Health Plan to Improve Healthcare Access.
- 2015: Infosys and Cornell University's Center of Hospitality Research Collaborate to Design Industry Research
- 2015: Infosys Finacle has been positioned as a leader in IDC MarketScape of Worldwide Core Banking Solution Providers
- 2015: Infosys has won a contract from Sweden-based ICA Gruppen to manage its IT operations
- 2015: ICA Gruppen Partners with Infosys to Revitalize its IT Operations
- 2015: ABN AMRO Selects Infosys as One of the Strategic Partners to Drive its Business Transformation Program
- 2015: Infosys inks multimillion-dollar pact with ABN AMRO to provide IT services
- 2015: Infosys signs 5-year agreement with Dutch firm TNT
- 2015: Infosys BPO has opened a new center in Puerto Rico in collaboration with Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company (PRIDCO)
- 2015: Infosys Receives Daimler Supplier Award 2014
- 2015: Infosys Innovation Fund Invests in Air Quality Monitoring Pioneer, Airviz.
- 2015: Infosys has signed a multi-year IT infrastructure deal with UK-based department store company, House of Fraser
- 2015: Infosys Launches Preventive Maintenance Offering 'Finacle Assure'.
- 2016: Infosys launches Infosys Mana, a platform that brings machine learning together with the deep knowledge of an organization, to drive automation and innovation
- 2016: Infosys Foundation USA partners with the National Science Foundation and DonorsChoose.org to pioneer a new model of public-private-community collaboration for computer science education
- 2016: Infosys Launches Skava Commerce, a new standard for modern, mobile-first and modular e-commerce platforms
- 2016: Infosys invests in Waterline Data, provider of data discovery and data governance software; Stellaris Venture Partners, an early-stage venture fund; UNSILO, an A.I. start-up focused on advanced text analysis; TidalScale, a provider of Software-Defined Servers
- 2016: Infosys wins award for design thinking services execution.
- 2016: Infosys invests in Waterline Data Science.
- 2016: Infosys wins 5-year contract from Commerzbank.
- 2016: Infosys Paytm Selects Infosys Finacle to Power its Payments Bank Business.
- 2016: Infosys bags 7 Oracle Excellence Awards.
- 2016: Infosys Science Foundation Announces the Six Winners of the Infosys Prize 2016.
- 2016: Infosys titled Infosys Foundation USA Celebrates Computer Science Education Week.
- 2016: Infosys invests in ideaForge from innovation fund.
- 2017: Infosys Joins Salesforce Partner Ecosystem to Deliver Analytics Cloud Applications
- 2017: Gartner Positions Infosys as a ‘Leader’ In Magic Quadrant for SAP® Application Services
- 2017: Gartner Positions Infosys as a ‘Leader’ In Magic Quadrant for Oracle Application Services
- 2017: Infosys Achieves Cloud Elite Status in Oracle PartnerNetwork
- 2017: Infosys Launches Infosys Nia - The Next Generation Integrated Artificial Intelligence Platform
- 2017: Infosys Launches Boundaryless Data Lake Offering Powered by its Information Grid Solution on Amazon Web Services
- 2017: Infosys Announces Strategic Alliance with HP Inc. to Accelerate Digital Transformation for the Enterprise
- 2017: Infosys Strengthens its Partnership with Udacity to Enhance and Amplify the Learning Capabilities of its New Hires
- 2017: Infosys Finacle named a Leader among Digital Banking Engagement Platforms
- 2017: Infosys Wins Three Catalyst Awards at TM Forum Live
- 2017: Infosys to Acquire Digital Innovation and Customer Experience Studio, Brilliant Basics
- 2017: ATP and Infosys launch new PlayerZone Bringing an Enhanced Digital Experience for Players
- 2017: Infosys Completes Acquisition of Brilliant Basics - Digital Innovation and Customer Experience Studio
- 2017: Infosys Wins Three Prestigious Oracle Excellence Awards for Specialized Partner Cloud Services.
- 2018: Infosys completes 25 years of listing in Indian Stock Exchange.
- 2018: Infosys signed the Advance Pricing Agreement with the US IRS to enhance predictability of the company’s tax obligation in respect of its US operations.
- 2018: Infosys board appointed Nilanjan Roy as the CEO of the company effective from March 1, 2019.
- 2018: Infosys acquires Fluido, the leading Salesforce advisor and consulting partner in Nordics and a recognized leader in cloud consulting, implementation and training services.
- 2019: Infosys ranked No 3 on 2019 Forbes ‘Worlds Best Regarded Companies’ list.
- 2019: Infosys reconiged as a 2020 ‘Top Employer’ in Australia, Singapore and Japan.
- 2019: Infosys launches the ‘Infosys Live Enterprise Suite’.
- 2020: Infosys acquired Simplus, one of the fastest growing Salesforce Platinum Partners in USA and Australia.
- 2020: Infosys enters into strategic long term partnership with LANXESS.
- 2020: Infosys launches AI-driven 'Cognitive Email Workbench' solution.
- 2020: Infosys signs definitive agreement to acquire Kaleidoscope Innovation
- 2020: Infosys enters into definitive agreement to acquire GuideVision
- 2020: Infosys partners with Essential Utilities
|Parent Organization||Infosys Ltd.||Managing Director||Salil S Parekh|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|