About the Company
Webel-Sl Energy Systems, is a leading producer of Solar Photovotaic Cells and Modules in India. It is one of the fastest growing companies within the solar photovoltaic industry in India with a 30 per cent annual growth rate and a 10 MW manufacturing facility for cells and modules.
Solar cells are being produced at the company's state-of-the-art integrated production facility in Kolkata with automated processes and a unique captive technology. In this integrated production system, Webel Solar produces high efficiency photovotaic cells and modules using mono-crystalline silicon wafers. A high standard of quality is maintained throughout the entire process of making cells to modules.
Webel Solar has established the reputation for making highly reliable photovoltaic modules for various domestic and commercial applications. All Webel Solar's modules are suitable for grid-connected and stand-alone power plants of high performance and reliability.
Webel Solar Modules are made with high efficiency solar cells. Every single cell is electrically matched to minimize losses, for making modules suitable for commercial as well as domestic applications Webel Solar modules have been tested for their suitability for grid connected as well as stand-alone systems offering high performance and reliability.
The solar photovoltaic module is manufactured with mono-crystalline solar cells conforming to strict requirements of international quality standards.
- 1995-1997 Production commenced with technical support from a European established Company. The company processed 5' wafers. Installed capacity: 1 MW.
- 1998-1999 Production evolved to 6' wafers and modules upto 95 Wp for type W900. A quality cetificate for JRC-ISPRA IEC 61215 standards was obtained.
- 2000-2001 Production commenced on 8' wafers. Module capacity increased to 125 Wp. For type W1000. Intalled capacity - 3 MW
- 2002 The JRC-ISPRA IEC 61215 standards certificate was obtained for all W1000 modules. UL 1703 listing was obtained for all W900 type modules
- 2003 Installed capcity increased from 3 MW to 5 MW. UL 1703 listing was obtained for W1000 type modules. Production of 160/190 Wp modules commenced.
- 2009 - 30 MW cell & module line installed and commissioned
Solar PV cells and modules trial production started in May 2009
Received IEC 61215 and IEC 61730 certification for 180 Wp and 225 Wp module
Established representative offices in USA and Germany
- 2011 - The Company has signed a Joint Venture Agreement on February 21, 2011 with M/s Gopika Infrastructure LLP for the development of its land situated at Plot No. 1, Block - GP, Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata - 700 091.
Product range of the company includes:
- Photovoltaic Module- W1000
- Photovoltaic Module- W900
- Photovoltaic Module- W250, W250B
- Photovoltaic Module- W200
- Photovoltaic Module- W450,W55
- Photovoltaic Module- W55A
- Photovoltaic Module- W50C
- Photovoltaic Module- W08, W10
Type Approval Certificate PV-MQ-274/02Qualification Certificate PV-MQ-200/99.
|Parent Organization||Websol Energy System Ltd.||Managing Director||Sohan Lal Agarwal|