About the Company
VA Tech Wabag was incorporated as a public limited company called Balcke Durr Cooling Towers on February 17, 1995 at Chennai . The Company received a certificate of commencement of business on March 8, 1995. The name of the Company was changed to Balcke Durr and Wabag Technologies Limited on September 12, 1996 by a special resolution of the members dated July 29, 1996. The name of the Company was further changed to VA Tech Wabag Limited on April 4, 2000 by a special resolution of the members dated March 10, 2000. The company is a multinational player in the water treatment industry with market presence in India, the Middle East, North Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, China and South East Asia through principal offices in India, Austria, the Czech Republic, China, Switzerland, Algeria, Romania, Tunisia, UAE, Libya and Macao.
The company is headquartered in Chennai and conducts global operations through Subsidiaries and branch and representative offices. They share strategic and technical expertise across the Subsidiaries that believe, allow research, operational and marketing synergies. VA Tech offers complete life cycle solutions including conceptualization, design, engineering, procurement, supply, installation, construction and O&M services. They provide a range of EPC and O&M solutions for sewage treatment, processed and drinking water treatment, effluents treatment, sludge treatment, desalination and reuse for institutional clients like municipal corporations and companies in the infrastructure sector such as power, steel and oil and gas companies. As on December 31, 2009, the Company has executed 103 projects and is currently executing 72 projects.
Its subsidiaries:-The company has 13 subsidiaries out of which 11 are indirect ones and 2 are direct one:-
- VA Tech Wabag (Gulf) Contracting LLC, Dubai
- VA Tech Wabag (Singapore) PTE
- Beijing VA Tech Wabag Water Treatment Technology Co.
- Engenharia Hidraulica de Macau, Limitada, Macao;
- VA Tech Wabag Algeria s.a.r.l., Algeria;
- VA Tech Wabag Brno Spol S.R.O, Czech Republic;
- VA Tech Wabag Deutschland GmbH, Germany;
- VA Tech Wabag GmbH, Austria;
- VA Tech Wabag (Hong Kong) ;
- VA Tech Wabag Tunisia s.a.r.l., Tunisia;
- Wabag Wassertechnik AG, Switzerland;
- Wabag Water Services (Macao) Limited, Macao;
- Wabag Water Services s.r.l, Romania.
-April 1997- First EPC order intake of the Company from Reliance Petroleum.
March 2000- Entry into municipal segment by the Company: Receipt of first municipal order from Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board.
September 2000 -Receipt of ISO 9001:2000 certifications from Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance.
July 2002 -Starting of O&M activity and receipt of first O&M order by the Company from Chennai Metropolitan.
September 2002 -Receipt of an order worth approximately Rs. 7,000 lakh from Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board.
March 2003 -Crossing of Rs. 10,000 lakh turnover by the Company.
September 2004- Receipt of best construction award from Indian Concrete Institute – Karnataka for construction of sewage treatment plant at Mailasandra for Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board
September 2005 I-Ven Water Treatment Technologies acquired a majority stake in the Company.
April 2006- Scheme of Merger of I-Ven Water Treatment Technologies Limited with the Company.
August 2006 -Adoption of the ESOP Scheme 2006 by the Company.
August 2006 -Acquisition of majority shareholding in the Company by Rajiv Mittal, Amit Sengupta, Shiv Narayan Saraf and S. Varadarajan together with ICICI Venture Funds Management Company.
September 2006- Receipt of an order worth approximately Rs. 18,638 lakhs from Kerala Water Authority.
March 2007 -Crossing of Rs. 20,000 lakh turnover.
March 2007 - Allotment of 3,97,078 equity shares of Rs. 10 each to GLG Emerging Markets Fund, Cayman Islands.
April 2007- Creation of four SBUs – municipal, industrial, international and operations business group
July 2007 -Company’s Order Book crosses Rs. 50,000 lakhs
August 2007- Incorporation of Wabag Singapore.
September 2007 -Receipt of first overseas O&M order by the Company from Qatar.
November 2007- Acquisition of Wabag Austria and subsidiaries by the Company.
December 2007 -Incorporation of VA Tech Wabag (Gulf) General Trading LLC, Dubai.
January 2008 -Allotment of 48,198 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 each to Government of Singapore Investment Corporation Pte Ltd, Singapore, 72,296 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 each to Passport India Investments (Mauritius) and 24,099 Equity Shares of Rs. 10 each to Sattva India Opportunities Company.,Mauritius.
February 2008- Incorporation of Wabag Water Services s.r.l, Romania.
March 2008- Crossing of Rs. 30,000 lakh turnover by the Company.
March 2008- Company’s Order Book crosses 1,00,000 lakh.
March 2008 -Receipt of first overseas EPC order by the Comany from Oman.
May 2008- Starting of International Engineering Centre in Pune.
May 2008- Opening of a branch office in Oman.
June 2008- Receipt of approximately Rs. 19,071 lakhs order from Delhi Jal Board.
December 2008- Amendment of Memorandum of Association of VA Tech (Gulf) General Trading LLC and change of name to VA Tech Wabag (Gulf) Contracting LLC, Dubai.
March 2009 -Crossing of Rs. 50,000 lakh turnover
May 2009 -Receipt of ISO-9001:2008 certification from Bureau Veritas.
May 2009- Incorporation of VA Tech Wabag (Hong Kong) .
December 2009 -Receipt of Rs. 1, 03,368 lakh order.
• Va Tech Wabag Ltd. - achieves breakthrough in Tanzania - Bags EXIM Bank of India funded order worth US $ 40 million.
• Chennai-based VA Tech Wabag, a multinational player in the water treatment, announced that the company has bagged a repeat order from Bangalore water supply and sewerage board (BWSSB) for a value of around Rs 250 crores.
• VA Tech Wabag Ltd has received an order worth Rs 100 crore from Maynilad Water Services, Philippines for construction of 20 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) at Tunasan.
• WABAG bags INR 100 crore World Bank funded Sewage Treatment order in Philippines.
• VA Tech Wabag Ltd won worth Rs 175 crore Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) order in Velenzuela, Philippines. -The Registered office of the company has been shifted from 'Wabag House', No.17, 200 Feet Radial Road, S.Kolathur, (Near Kamakshi Hospital), Chennai - 600117, To 'Wabag House', No.17, 200 Feet Thoraipakkam - Pallavaram Main Road, Sunnambu Kolathur, Chennai - 600117, Telephone Number : +91- 44-39232323, Fax Number : +91-44-39232324.
• Membrane biology from WABAG Switzerland for the Lauterbrunnen wastewater treatment plant
• WABAG-MUHIBBAH JV signs contract for PETRONAS’ RAPID project - worth around EUR 200 million -In safe hands: used water management for the city of Istanbul – the first twelve months -Major order for WABAG in Nigeria worth over EUR 30 million
• New order for WABAG from Egypt: A wastewater treatment plant for the city of Port Said with a value of over EUR 9 million
• WABAG JV wins EUR 85 million project in Bahrain -First drinking water from the Al Ghubrah seawater desalination plant in Oman
• WABAG becomes part of the E_OS project. Order with a value of over EUR 13 million received for key -components for the new sludge plant at the main Vienna wastewater treatment facility.
• WABAG receives Global Water Distinction Award
• VA Tech Wabag surges over 4 pct on bagging new order
• VA Tech Wabag consortium wins Rs 594 cr order from CMWSSB -The Company has secures ADB funded project in Nepal worth INR 141
• The Company won Final arbitration award relating to Company's Associate Company International Water Treatment LLC. OMA
|Parent Organization||VA Tech Wabag Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajiv Mittal|