|Market Cap||6,184 Cr||EPS||38.8||High||725|
|Stock P/E||18.2||Net Profit Margin||2.8||Low||703.75|
|Market Cap||6,184 Cr||ROE||20.4%|
|P/B Ratio||6.8||Dividend Yield||0.7%|
|Industry P/E||29.8||Book Value||103.9|
About the Company
VRL Logistics Ltd. was founded in 1976 by DR. Vijay Sankeshwar in Gadag, a small town in North Karnataka with a single truck and a vision that was way ahead of its time. VRL gradually expanded its services to Bangalore, Hubli and Belgaum. From this humble beginning VRL has today grown into a nationally renowned logistics and transport company which is also currently the largest fleet owner of commercial vehicles in India. VRL finds mention in the Limca Book of Record as the largest fleet owner of commercial vehicles in india in the Private Sector. Over the years, VRL has pioneered in providing a safe and reliable delivery network in the field of parcel service. It has spread its operations to Courier Service, Priority Cargo & Transport of Passengers by Air to meet the growing demands of its burgeoning customer base.
3PL & Warehousing solutions offered by VRL are tailor-made and cater to unique needs of its diverse customer base. With the largest goods transportation network in India, VRL parcel service is indispensable for a large number of Corporate Houses. This network spans the length and breadth of the country and is supported by strategically located transshipment hubs. It operates through a network of many Branch and franchisees to cater its valuable customers and it is now in the process of expanding its services to reach even the remotest locations of the Country.
Business area of the company
VRL Logistics is engaged in goods transportation and passenger transportation. The Company offers logistics services dealing in domestic transportation of goods. It is also engaged in bus operations, air chartering service, sale of power and sale of certified emission reductions (CER) units generated from operation of wind mills. The company is one of the leading pan-India surface logistics and parcel delivery service providers. It owned and operated the largest fleet of commercial vehicles in the private sector in India. It provides general parcel and priority parcel delivery (less than truckload services, LTL), courier and full-truckload (FTL) services through its widespread transportation network in many States and Union Territories across India.
Services of the company
General parcel & VRL priority - General Parcel forms the core of VRL’s business and involves pan Indian movement of consignments of varying size and weight across the country on a Less than Truck Load (LTL) godown to godown Basis. The Company also provides the option of door collection and door delivery to the customers at a cost. The Priority Cargo business involves door-to-door delivery. VRL offers its goods transportation services several States and, Union Territories covering all major cities and towns in India. VRL has its exclusive offices across many towns and cities in India. Operations in this division are conducted through a network of several branches and franchisees.
Courier service business - Its offer Courier services for time sensitive documents and packages. Presently, its Courier offering is available within the State of Karnataka. Certain major out-of-Karnataka locations are being serviced through tie-ups with other operators.
Travels - VRL is one of the front runners in the Indian Passenger Travel Industry amongst the private sector players. These operations are conducted under the aegis of ‘VIJAYANAND TRAVELS’ covering several routes connecting many destinations with over many luxury Buses / Coaches. It is the Market Leader in Karnataka's Private Passenger Travel Industry.
Transport of passengers by air - In 2008, the company ventured into the Transport of Passengers by Air Industry. It was a gradual progression for the company. The Indian Aviation Industry has experienced a tremendous growth in the last few years, more so in the Private Aviation Sector. Keeping in mind the emerging market demand, VRL decided to enter the Transport of Passengers by Air Industry and serve VVIPs, VIPs & Corporate India. To this end, the Company had acquired a brand new, Premier Jet 1A aircraft, manufactured by Hawker Beechcraft Inc, USA.
- 1976: The goods transportation business was commenced by Dr. Vijay Sankeshwar, the company’s Promoter, through a proprietary concern.
- 1983: The assets and liabilities of the proprietorship firm were purchased by a private limited company by the name of Vijayanand Roadlines.
- 1992: Commencement of the courier service business in the State of Karnataka.
- 1996: Commencement of the passenger transportation service business.
- 2003: Vijayanand Printers became a wholly owned subsidiary of the company.
- 2003: The company was listed in the Limca Book of Records as the “Single largest fleet owner of commercial vehicles in the private sector in India”.
- 2004: The company acquired Vijayanand Travels, a proprietorship concern, to take over its passenger transportation business.
- 2004: The company commenced commercial operations out of owned infrastructure facilities at Varur, Hubballi.
- 2005: The company was certified ISO 9001:2000 for its passengers travel service at Hubballi, Bangalore and Belgaum.
- 2006: The company was certified ISO 9001:2000 for providing logistics services for transportation of cargo, express cargo and courier services.
- 2006: The equity and preference shareholding in Vijayanand Printers Limited was divested in full to Times Group.
- 2006: The company commenced its wind power business and installed 34 wind turbine generators with a capacity of 1.25 MW each.
- 2007: The company purchased a Premier 1A aircraft from Hawker Beechcraft Incorporation, USA to commence its air charter business.
- 2009: The company was awarded the “Best Logistics Service Provider” in the FMCG and retail sectors by Frost & Sullivan.
- 2010: The company power project was registered as Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- 2011: Foray into car carrying and liquid transportation.
- 2012: Investment in the company by NSR by subscription to Preference Shares.
- 2012: Turnover of the company crosses Rs 10,000 million.
- 2013: Purchase of second hand aircraft from Force Motors to add to the air charter fleet.
- 2014: Turnover of the company crosses Rs 15,000 million.
- 2015: Company’s shares have been listed on BSE and NSE w.e.f 30th April 2015.
- 2016: VRL Logistics decided to close its branch situated at Kathmandu in Nepal owing the recent past disturbances as also the uncertain conditions prevailing. The present day business of the company at Nepal is negligible.
- 2017: Reliance Mutual Fund (MF) has bought 20 lakh shares of VRL Logistics at Rs 339.99 on the NSE on August 31, 2017. However, Vijay B Sankeshwar has sold 20 lakh shares of the company at Rs 340 on the same day.
- 2018: VRL Logistics plans to induct new trucks at a cost of around Rs 400 crore.
- 2018: Goldman Sachs Asset Management International (GSAM) has reduced its holding in VRL Logistics to 2,245,026 shares, representing 2.485% on 6 June, 2018.
|Parent Organization||VRL Logistics Ltd.||Managing Director||Vijay Sankeshwar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|