About the Company
V-Guard Industries Ltd, the origin dates back to 1977, when Mr. Kochouseph Chittilappilly with a burning passion to make a difference set out to build a robust brand in the Indian electric and electronic goods panorama. V-Guard offers a range of products from Voltage Stabilizer to Digital UPS, Inverter and Inverter Batteries, Electric Water Heaters, Solar Water Heaters, Domestic Pumps, Agricultural Pumps, Industrial Motors, Domestic Switch Gears, Distribution Boards, Wiring Cables, Industrial Cables, Induction Cooktops, Mixer Grinders, Fans, Rice Cooker, Gas Stoves, Solar Power Systems & Air Coolers.
Business area of the company
V-Guard Industries is engaged in manufacturing, trading and selling of electronic products. The Company's segments include Electronics, Electrical/Electro Mechanical and Others. V-Guard's Electronics segment includes products, such as voltage stabilizers, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and digital UPS. The Company's Electrical/Electro Mechanical segment includes products, such as PVC Cables, Pumps and Motors, Electric Water Heaters, Fans, Switchgears, Induction Cooktops and Mixer Grinder. The Company's others segment includes products, such as solar water heater and solar inverter.
Products of the company
- Voltage Stabilizers
- Inverter, DUPS, Solar Power Systems & Inverter Batteries
- Electric, Solar & Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Wires & Cables
- Kitchen Appliances
- Domestic Switch Gears
Financial Year 2015-16
- V-Guard Voltage Stabilizer has been conferred the prestigious 'Superbrand' status. Selected after a five month long evaluation process involving the opinion of more than 17,000 customers and an elite panel of marketing professionals. V-Guard Stabilizer was ranked amongst the top brands across all categories.
- Kashipur factory was felicitated as the Bronze Winner in National Awards for Manufacturing Competitiveness (NAMC) instituted by International Research Institute for Manufacturing (IRIM).
Financial Year 2016-17
- Superbrand Award for Stabilizers, 2015-16.
- Golden Leaf Award for Architectural Excellence, State level (Corporate office) by Indian Institute of Architects, 2011.
- Rotary Binani Zinc CSR Award for Corporate Social Responsibility by Rotary Club of Metropolis, NIPM Kerala Chapter, 2011.
- Commendation Certificate from Energy Management Centre, Kerala for ‘Star-labelled equipment’, 2010.
- Social Safety Award by National Safety Council, 2010.
- Excellence in Business by Times of India/The Economic Times, 2009.
- Industry Excellence Award 1998-99.
Financial Year 2017-18
- Solar Water Heater, Perundurai facility of Mechanical & Electrical Division Bags Gold Award in the 3rd Maintenance Personnel Competition’2018, Organised by ABK – AOTS DOSOKAI Tamilnadu Centre.
- V-Guard Bags NIPM CSR Award.
- Wires & Cables Division Bags Par Excellence & Excellence awards in the 31st National Convention by QCFI.
- Wires & Cables Division Bags Par Excellence Award in National Conclave by QCFI.
Financial Year 2018-19
- Perundurai Solar Water Heater Plant bagged 2nd Runner up position in 2nd CII National Competition on SPC – Towards Zero Defect.
- Perundurai Solar Water Heater Plant bagged ‘Par Excellence Award’ in 32nd National Convention on Quality Concepts (NCQC-2018) at ABV - Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior.
- Chavadi WCD Unit was conferred with ‘First 5S Certified Cable Plant’ from JUSE 5S Certification.
- Chavadi & Kashipur WCD Unit bagged ‘Par Excellence’ in highest category Award at National Level QC Contest Quality Circle Forum of India Awards. The plant also got qualified for ICQCC 2019 at Japan.
Financial Year 2019-20
- V-Guard’s Brand Identity & AC Stabilizer TV campaign was awarded at the 13th Edition of Pepper Creative Awards 2019 which is South India’s biggest & one of India’s largest advertising awards festival. Brand’s work was chosen from over 800 entries vying for the honours in multiple categories.
- V-Guard’s AC Stabilizer campaign was adjudged winner of ‘best advertising campaign’ in consumer durable category by International Advertising Association (IAA) which is an industry recognized body of marketing communications from advertisers to media companies as well as advertising and interactive agencies, direct marketing firms and even individual practitioners. V-Guard’s campaign was awarded from over 7,000 pieces of work evaluated by an elite panel of renowned marketers.
History and milestones
- 1977: With a seed capital of Rs.1 Lakh, two employees and a heart full of dreams, Mr. Kochouseph Chittilappilly laid the foundation of V-Guard. The unit was set up in a garage space and concentrated on the manufacturing of Stabilizers which were much in demand during those times.
- 1980: Stretching the scope of business a little further, the company added a special quality Stabilizers for Air Conditioners to its product portfolio to cater to an emerging market segment that is rich in potential.
- 1992: Having established credentials in the stabilizer business, V-Guard diversified it's range of products and accommodated high-quality Pumps into it. It was an altogether different category and V-Guard entered its market successfully.
- 1996: Moving on, V-Guard came up with efficient water heating solutions which were quite in demand in the market around this time. The solution was an extensive range of Water Heaters, which soon won acclaim for their quicker heating capability and durability, augmenting the trust of V-Guard as a reliable brand.
- 1997: A steadily growing brand, V-Guard added Wiring Cables to its portfolio. Very soon, the Company won recognition as the provider of a specialized range of house wires.
- 1999: With the expectations of its loyal customer base growing and the demand for its products rising, it found it necessary to increase the manufacturing capacity. Thus, a cable manufacturing unit was set up in Coimbatore; a step that also opened up a market of new opportunities.
- 2002: On a mission to provide its customers with energy efficient solutions, V-Guard introduced its range of Solar Water Heaters to the market. Not only did they provide warmth during chilly winters, but also proved to be a viable option in the context of mounting electricity charges.
- 2006: Continuing the diversification plans and expandingthe portfolio, V-Guard added yet another asset to the kit “an exquisite array of Electric Fans.
- 2007: Understanding that there was a huge potential for V-Guard products outside its home state, V-Guard set seed in its endeavor to become a pan India brand. It opened new branches and strengthened its non-south market operations to achieve that goal.
- 2008: A corporate with a wide range of commercial concerns, V-Guard decided to go public with the Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Shares. The Company's name was now listed in the BSE and NSE, an accomplishment that paved way to bigger successes.
- 2009: With a strong nation-wide presence of its products, and to cater to the growing demand across the country V-Guard opened up more manufacturing units in different locations in the Country. Thus, an L.T. Cable factory at Coimbatore, a Wires & Cables factory at Kashipur and Water Heaters and Fans factory at Kala Amb were all launched. Also, DUPS, Inverters were added to V-Guard's product portfolio.
- 2010: The growth was continuing and so was the introduction of new products. The latest in the portfolio in 2010 was a smart array of Domestic Switch Gears. Thus, the company switched on a new era in the segment ably supported by the trust of brand V-Guard.
- 2012: An eventful year by all means, the Directorial Board of V-Guard appointed Mr. Kochouseph Thomas Chittilappilly as the Executive Vice Chairman of the Company and Mr. Mithun K. Chittilappilly as the Managing Director. This year also saw the total turnover hitting the Rs 1000 Crores mark. Also, a premium range of Induction Cook Tops were added to the V-Guard portfolio of high-utility products.
- 2013: Establishing its supremacy in the solar water heaters segment with a punch, V-Guard commissioned India's largest manufacturing plant for solar water heaters at Perundurai, Tamil Nadu. This state-of-the-art Unit is India's largest integrated manufacturing facility for polymer tanks and stainless steel tanks for Solar Water Heaters. Also added to the product kit were a special range of Mixer Grinders.
- 2014: Innovative strategies, efficient work-flow, effective marketing, strict cost control measures, excellent administration the results of these and many more factors reflected in the phenomenal growth of the Company, with the Financial Year 2014 witnessing the total revenue hitting the Rs. 1500 crore mark.
- 2015-2016: the company launched its new ceiling fan - 4 Air. Its dual tone vibrant colour combination gives the ceiling a premium look and blends perfectly with the interiors. The V-Guard 4 Air fan is a unique fan armed with four blades providing superior performance on air delivery and effective cooling for larger rooms. It is complemented with an exotic body ring giving it a classy finish.
- 2017-18: Introduced Air coolers in the markets of Delhi & Hyderabad. The company has also Launched Modular switches in Kerala and Introduced LED Fans. Meanwhile, the company Expanded Kitchen Appliance category with launch of Rice cookers in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- 2018-19: Adopted the Manufacturing Excellence Model to bring in increased quality assurance and efficiencies in its production processes. The company has also launched modular switches in select markets across India.
- 2019-20: Launched exciting new products across categories to further drive V-Guard’s commitment to bring forth meaningful innovations that enrich the lives of its consumers. Also, formulated a three-pronged strategy at the organisational level to combat the unprecedented pandemic challenge.
|V-Guard Industries Ltd.
|Mithun K Chittilappilly