About the Company
UTI Asset Management Company was incorporated as ‘UTI Asset Management Company Private Limited’, a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated November 14, 2002 issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (the RoC). Subsequently, pursuant to a special resolution approved at the Annual General Meeting on September 18, 2007, the company was converted to a public limited company and consequently the name of the company was changed to ‘UTI Asset Management Company Limited’ and a fresh certificate of incorporation dated November 14, 2007 was issued by the RoC.
The company is the second largest asset management company in India in terms of Total AUM and the eighth largest asset management company in India in terms of mutual fund QAAUM as of June 30, 2020. Its history and track record in the mutual fund industry, strong brand recognition, distribution reach, performance and client relationships provide a platform for future growth. It has a national footprint and offers its schemes through a diverse range of distribution channels. The company’s BDA and CA network distinguishes it from other asset management companies in India, as its BDAs and CAs, who are engaged by it on an exclusive basis primarily in B30 cities, allow it to efficiently and effectively develop, maintain and service its relationships with its distributors and investors. Its banks and distributors (BND) channel involves distribution arrangements with domestic and foreign banks, as well as with national and regional distributors. In addition, it has dedicated sales teams for institutional and public sector undertaking (PSU) clients and also offer products directly through its UFCs, digital applications and website. Its distribution channels are supported by 459 relationship managers (RMs) (as of June 30, 2020), who interact with clients and distributors and help generate new business and maintain its existing relationships. Investors are also able to directly invest in its mutual funds through its mobile applications for customers. It also has offices in London, Dubai, Guernsey and Singapore, through which it markets its offshore and domestic mutual funds to offshore investors who seek to invest in India.
Business area of the company
UTI Asset Management Company caters to a diverse group of individual and institutional investors through a wide variety of funds and services. It manages the domestic mutual funds of UTI Mutual Fund, provide portfolio management services (PMS) to institutional clients and high net worth individuals (HNIs), and manage retirement funds, offshore funds and alternative investment funds.
Major events and milestones
- 2002: The company was incorporated.
- 2003: UTI Mutual Fund was registered with SEBI under the SEBI Mutual Fund Regulations.
- 2003: Approval for the company to act as the asset management company to UTI Mutual Fund.
- 2004: Acquisition of schemes of IL&FS mutual fund along with its AUM by UTI Mutual Fund.
- 2004: Launch of Axel Portfolio Management Services.
- 2006: UTI International Singapore (Private) Limited was established as a joint venture.
- 2007: The company’s Subsidiary, UTI RSL, was incorporated with the company as its sponsor.
- 2007: UTI RSL was appointed as one of the pension fund managers by PFRDA.
- 2009: The company was appointed as one of the two fund managers of the Postal Life Insurance corpus.
- 2009: UTI Mutual Fund investor folios crossed 10 million.
- 2010: Launch of investor education initiative-Swatantra.
- 2010: TRP became a Shareholder in the company.
- 2011: Incorporation of UTI Capital Private Limited.
- 2017: Launch of Alternate Investment Fund - UTI Structured Debt Opportunities Fund.
- 2017: Launch of Digi-invest Campaign.
- 2018: The company’s Mutual Fund Closing AUM was the highest on September 5, 2018 at Rs 1,766,463.22 million.
- 2019: The company has been appointed as one of the two Fund Managers of the EPFO corpus.
- 2019: UTI Retirement Solutions Limited AUM crossed Rs 1,000 billion.
- 2020: The company has been appointed as portfolio manager of ESIC fund.
- 2020: The company has been appointed to undertake functions of portfolio manager for CMPFO corpus.
- 2020: The company has been selected as portfolio manager of Post Office Life Insurance Fund and Rural Post Office Life Insurance Fund.
Awards, Accreditations and Recognitions
- FY18: Best Fund House: Debt-Morningstar Awards, 2018.
- FY18: Winner in the Debt Fund House Category-Outlook Money Awards, 2017.
- FY18: Best Portfolio Manager-EPFO (2017).
- FY19: Best Fund House: Debt-Morningstar Awards, 2019.
- FY19: Best Performing Portfolio Manager-EPFO, 2018.
- FY19: UTI Credit Risk Fund received Best Credit Risk Fund-CNBC TV18 Mutual Fund Awards.
- FY19: UTI RSL won Best of the Best Awards, 2018-India-Asia Asset Management for Best Pension Fund Manager.
- FY20: UTI RSL bagged Outlook Money Awards, 2019 -Gold Award Winner-Pension Manager of the Year.
- FY20: UTI RSL received Best of the Best Awards, 2020-India-Asia Asset Management-Best Pension Fund Manager.
- FY20: Shinsei UTI India Fund won Best Fund Over 10 years-Equity India-Lipper Fund Awards, Japan, 2018.
|Parent Organization||UTI Asset Management Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Imtaiyazur Rahman|