Steel & Iron Products
|Market Cap||9,813 Cr||EPS||12.1||High||340.7|
|Stock P/E||26.6||Net Profit Margin||12.0||Low||313|
|Market Cap||9,813 Cr||ROE||18.3%|
|P/B Ratio||4.6||Dividend Yield||0.8%|
|Industry P/E||46.8||Book Value||69.8|
About the Company
Usha Martin started in 1961 in Ranchi, Jharkhand as a wire rope manufacturing company, today the Usha Martin Group is a $1 billion conglomerate with a global presence. The group has set new standards in the manufacture of wire rods, bright bars, steel wires, speciality wires, wire ropes, strand, conveyor cord, wire drawing and cable machinery. With continuous growth in both the domestic and international markets, Usha Martin, the Group’s flagship company has emerged as India’s largest and the world’s second largest steel wire rope manufacturer.
In 1979, the company set up a steel plant with wire rod rolling mill at Jamshedpur, to benefit from business integration. This ensured a steady supply of steel for the manufacture of value added products. Today, the Jamshedpur unit has a truly integrated speciality steel manufacturing facility of 700,000 MT per annum. Out of which, about 35% is consumed internally by its plant in Ranchi, Hoshiarpur & Bangkok, producing steel wire, steel strand, steel cords, bright bar and steel wire ropes. All its manufacturing facilities are ISO 9000 certified and the steel plant was India’s first to receive the TPM Excellence Award from JIPM, Japan.
With local success come global aspirations. Currently, the company has overseas manufacturing operations in Thailand, UK and Dubai. Besides a vast network of distribution centres and marketing offices spread across the globe to support an ever growing worldwide customer base. The company exports over 60% of the wire rope output and about 20% of the total wire rods produced.
Usha Martin’s future plans are focused on its operation in Jharkhand - a state rich in mineral resources. Future priorities include product mix enrichment, cost reduction and infrastructural improvements. Already flourishing in its recent foray into mining operations, the company is planning to invest in its iron ore and coal mines, sinter plant, pellet plant, power plants, while also enhancing its steel making and value added products capacity with an investment of Rs 2,100 crore.
Products of the company
- Coil & Bar
- Bright Bar
- Wire & Strands
- Tele Cables
- 1960- Usha Martin Industries (UMIL) set up a wire rope plant with a capacity of 3600 tonnes per annum (TPA) located at Tatisilwai, Ranchi in collaboration with Martin Black & Company (Wire Ropes) of UK.
- 1962- UMIL started its production of wire and wire ropes.
- 1965- In order to foray in to manufacturing of rope accessories and splicing equipment, the company collaborated with CCL Systems of UK to form Usha Ismal (UIL) located at Rachi. Later in 1990 the company merged with UMIL.
- 1971- The company formed Usha Alloys & Steels (UASL) to manufacture steel billets at Adityapur, Jamshedpur. This company was merged with UMIL in 1988.
- 1975- UMIL set up a machinery division at Bangalore for manufacture of wire drawing and allied products in collaboration Marshall Richards Barcro, UK. UASL acquired an ongoing rolling mill at Agra.
- 1979- UASL set up a wire rod rolling mill at Jamshedpur to supply wire rods for its wire rope plant.
- 1980- A joint venture company Usha Siam Steel Industries was formed in Thailand for manufacture of wire, wire ropes and auto cables.
- 1986- Usha Beltron (UBL) was incorporated as a joint venture between Usha Martin Industries and Bihar State Electronics Development Corporation, AEG Kabel, Germany (now Kabelrhydt and a member of the Alcatel group) and DEG, Germany to manufacture jelly filled telephone cables (JFTC).
- 1991- Usha Martin completed its supplies of the parallel wire stay cables for the Second Hooghly Bridge at Kolkata and established the company's capability for manufacturing sophisticated special cables.
- 1994- Usha Martin Europe was formed in joint venture with Exim Bank of India to create worldwide marketing and distribution set up for export of wire ropes.
- 1995- UMIL set up a mini blast furnace at Jamshedpur to reduce cost and improve productivity.
- 1996- UMIL set up a wire rod mill at Jamshedpur to produce higher weight coils for better productivity.
- 1998- UMIL was merged with UBL.
- 2000- The company’s IT division, was demerged and was named Usha Martin Infotech (UMITL). UBL established UM Cables as its wholly owned subsidiary to set up a green field JFTC and OFC plant at Silvassa. Commissioning of 25 MW thermal power plant at Jamshedpur for captive consumption. UBL also acquired majority stake Usha Siam Steel Industries, Bangkok which is in business of wire ropes.
- The Company also acquired 80% stake in Brunton Shaw, UK, from Carclo Group. 2001- Company set up Usha Martin Singapore (Pty.) to set up a distribution facility at Singapore for wire ropes. In order to increase the capacity the company set up second unit in at Jamshedpur
- 2003- The company diluted its rolling mill division at Agra with an intention to focus on core business. The same year the name was changed to Usha Martin. Usha Martin International entered into a joint venture with Gustav Wolf of West Germany to form Brunton Wolf Wire Ropes FZCO located in Dubai. The company obtained prestigious order for wire ropes for a period of 3 years from OTIS Elevators for world wide supplies. The company successfully created new facilities by modifying the cable plant to manufacture value added products such as bright bars, special wires and conveyor cords.
- 2004- The company started its DRI and WHRB power plant at its steel division in Jamshdedpur.
- 2005- The company singed an MOU with Joh. Pengg for manufacturing of the speciality oil tempered spring steel wire. The company acquired JCTL’s steel division.Usha Martin incorporated of Brunton Shaw America Inc as a new subsidiary of the company.
- 2007- The company acquired De Ruiter Staalkabel B.V. located at Netherlands engaged in business of distribution and rigging. The company started wire rope plant in Houston, US.
- 2010- Usha Martin raises Rs 468.15 crore through QIP
|Parent Organization||Usha Martin Ltd.||Managing Director||Rajeev Jhawar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|