Bank - Private
|Market Cap||4,775 Cr||EPS||4.7||High||24.75|
|Stock P/E||5.2||Net Profit Margin||NA||Low||23.25|
Ujjivan Small Fin Price chart
|Market Cap||4,775 Cr||ROE||-15.0%|
|P/B Ratio||1.3||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||21.0||Book Value||19.5|
About the Company
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (USFB) Ltd., is among the leading small finance banks in the country. As a mass market bank, it remains committed to serve the unserved and underserved segments through financial and digital inclusion. The bank was incorporated as Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited on July 4, 2016 at New Delhi as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 2013, and was granted the certificate of incorporation by the Registrar of Companies, National Capital Territory of Delhi and Haryana (RoC). The bank’s Promoter, Ujjivan Financial Services Limited (UFSL) was granted the in-principle approval to establish a small finance bank (SFB), by the RBI, pursuant to its letter dated October 7, 2015. Subsequently, UFSL received the final approval for Bank to carry on the SFB business in India, pursuant to a letter dated November 11, 2016 issued by the RBI. The Bank commenced its business with effect from February 1, 2017 and was included in the second schedule to the RBI Act pursuant to a notification dated July 3, 2017 issued by the RBI.
Business area of the bank
The bank is a mass market focused small finance bank (SFB) in India, catering to unserved and underserved segments and committed to building financial inclusion in the country. The bank’s portfolio of products and services includes various asset and liability products and services. Its asset products comprise loans to micro banking customers that include group loans and individual loans, agriculture and allied loans, MSE loans, affordable housing loans, financial institutions group loans, personal loans, and vehicle loans. On the liability side, the bank offer savings accounts, current accounts and a variety of deposit accounts. In addition, it also provides non-credit offerings comprising ATM-cum-debit cards, Aadhaar enrolment services, distribute third party insurance products and point of sales (POS) terminals.
Awards & accreditations
- 2015: The Forbes India Leadership Awards (FILA) was held on the evening of 30, September, 2015 at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Mumbai. The awards recognize and honor outstanding business leaders from a wide spectrum of Indian entrepreneurs.
- 2015: Ujjivan has been ranked as one of the top 25 Best Companies to Work For, by Great Place To Work in India. Further, ranked as no. 1 in the MFI domain, Ujjivan's people practices create a sense of purpose in making a difference to the lives of their customers.
- 2016: The Platinum Award is the highest independent honor given for Inclusive Insurance and was presented to Ujjivan after taking into consideration multiple factors, including the company's financial inclusion initiatives, exceptional customer service, insurance penetration and for covering the highest number of lives through insurance.
- 2016: 3rd Best Place to Work For in India and #1 in Microfinance.
- 2016: Ujjivan received the PR Council of India- Chanakya Awards 2016 in the category- Corporate Citizen of the Year 2016 - for Outstanding contribution to the Profession, Industry and Society at the PRCI 10th Global Communication Conclave at Kolkata.
- 2017: Ranked 13 in ‘India’s Best Companies to Work for 2017’ by Great Place to Work Institute India and the Economic Times.
- 2017: Recognised as number 10 in ‘Best Large Workplaces in Asia 2017’ by Great Place to Work Institute India and the Economic Times.
- 2018: Ranked 19 in ‘India’s Best Companies to Work for 2018’ by Great Place to Work Institute India and the Economic Times.
- 2018: Special Jury Recognition for ‘Security Practices in Small Finance Banks’ at the DSCI Excellence Award.
- 2018: ‘Best Workplaces in Small Finance Bank’ recognition for being among the best in the industry by Great Place to Work Institute India and the Economic Times.
- 2019: Recognised as one among ‘India’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women’ by Great Place to Work Institute India 2019.
- 2019: Recognition of the Outstanding Spirit of Innovation ‘Glow’ by Banking Frontiers’ Finnoviti 2019.
- 2019: ‘Best IT Risk Management and Cyber Security Initiatives’ under the small bank category at Banking Technology Conference, Expo and Awards presented by the Indian Banks’ Association.
- 2019: Banking, Financial Services and Insurance Awards for ‘Best HR practice in finance sector’.
- 2019: Mr. Samit Ghosh, Former MD & CEO, Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, was conferred upon the prestigious Inclusive Finance India Awards, 2019 in the category of “Contribution to advancing financial inclusion by an individual”, for his exemplary contribution to the same.
Major Events & Milestones
- 2016: UFSL received RBI Final Approval to set up Bank.
- 2016: Incorporation of Bank.
- 2017: Commencement of its operations on February 1, 2017.
- 2017: Inclusion of Bank in the second schedule of the RBI Act.
- 2017: Introduced bio-metric authentication facilities in bank’s ATMs.
- 2018: First full year of banking operations with 187 banking outlets of which 25% were in URCs.
- 2018: Bank recorded a net profit of Rs 68.63 million.
- 2019: Crossed four million customer base and ended Fiscal 2019 with a unique active customer base of over 4.61 million.
- 2019: Total deposits grew from Rs 37.72 billion in Fiscal 2018 to Rs 73.79 billion in Fiscal 2019.
- 2019: Loan portfolio crossed Rs 110.49 billion.
- 2019: Launched new digital services -bill payment, UPI, NACH and mobile application in five languages and the corporate internet banking facility.
- 2019: Launched new business lines, such as, loans for rural agriculture business and allied activities, financial institutions group lending, two-wheeler loans, personal loans and overdraft facility.
- 2020: Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has introduced a new channel to make banking services accessible to customers in their neighbourhood.
- 2020: Ujjivan Small Finance Bank is going to offer small commercial vehicle finance for its customers in tier II and III cities. As part of the 'Raftaar Loans' product mix, the customised offerings will be available across southern and eastern regions: Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal.
|Parent Organization||Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd.||Managing Director||Ittira Davis|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|