|Market Cap||1,00,941 Cr||EPS||17.7||High||2887.3|
|Stock P/E||160.4||Net Profit Margin||6.8||Low||2800.2|
|Market Cap||1,00,941 Cr||ROE||15.9%|
|P/B Ratio||34.6||Dividend Yield||0.1%|
|Industry P/E||114.9||Book Value||82.0|
About the Company
Trent Ltd. was established in 1998 and part of the Tata group. Trent is headquartered in Mumbai but has pan-India operations. Trent is one of the leading players in the branded retail industry in India. The Company's segments include Retailing and Others. It primarily operates stores across three formats: Westside, Star, Landmark and Zudio.
Trent’s value fashion concept - Zudio offers fashion at irresistible prices for women, men and children. Exclusive fashion is curated in-house and made available at very sharp price points. Zudio has evolved into a growing standalone concept along with improved quality of presence within select Star stores. Hypermarket and supermarket store chain - operating under ‘Star Market’ concept offers an assortment of products, including staples, beverages, health & beauty products along with a comprehensive fresh offering (vegetables, fruits, dairy, non vegetarian products). The offering is also supported by a compelling range of own brands at attractive prices. Star witnessed encouraging traction during the year and the Star Market format is increasingly viewed as a differentiated & sustainable model affording further expansion with better returns and throughput.
A family entertainment concept - Landmark offers a curated range of toys, front list books, stationery and sports merchandise. Backend operations relating to the concept are significantly integrated with Westside to realize synergies and contain overhead costs. Trent’s latest concept – Utsa is a modern Indian lifestyle destination which offers ethnic apparel, beauty products and accessories. The merchandise includes a selection of Westside’s Indianwear offer along with additional exclusive styles housed in an appealing space between 2,000 - 3,000 sq ft. Backend operations are integrated with Trent’s other concepts to realize synergies. The concept is operational through stores launched during the year in Pune and Vadodara.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the retail sale of readymade garments. Trent’s flagship concept- Westside offers branded fashion apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children, along with a range of home furnishings & decor. This offer is presented through a differentiated portfolio of exclusive brands that are in tune with latest fashion trends appealing to a wide spectrum of style conscious consumers across defined customer segments. This differentiated approach also aids in competing effectively in the face of disintermediation risks posed by diverse competition.
- Trent’s retail brand Westside received Most Admired Large Format Retail Chain of the Year at Lycra Images Fashion Awards 2005.
- Trent was honoured with NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2006 - Retail Category.
- Trent has received following awards during FY20:
- Best Departmental Store of the year at MAPIC India Retail Awardsb.
- Best Customer Relationship Management at MAPIC India Retail Awards.
- Supermarket of the Year Award at Annapoorna Food Retail Awards.
- Special Category Award - Persons with Disabilities at Retail Awards 2020 - National Winner is a Sales Associate at Star.
- Energy Conservation Award-STAR hosted by The Tata Power Company Limited.
- IMAGES Most Admired Brand Retail Partnership of the Year: Cadbury Dairy Milk and Star.
- IMAGES Most Admired Marketing Campaign of the Year: Customer Chain Coupons by Star.
- 2004 - The company ventured in hypermarket business with Star Bazaar. This outlet is currently located in 3 cities namely Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Bangalore. It offers wide range of products affordable prices such as at staple foods, beverages, health and beauty products, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, consumer electronics and household items.
- 2008 - Trent announced an association with Tesco Plc, the UK’s leading retailer and one of the world’s top three leading international retailers. This arrangement will allow Trent access to Tesco’s extensive retail expertise and technical capability including world class IT systems, processes and best practices in functions like marketing, stock management, retail information systems, cold-chain infrastructure and front-end services to drive the growth of Trent’s hypermarket business, which is operated under the name Star Bazaar.
- 2009 - Trent announced a joint venture with Inditex Group to develop and promote Zara stores in India. Inditex is one of the world’s biggest fashion retailers from Spain.In the MoU signed, Inditex would hold 51 per cent while Trent would hold a 49 per cent stake in the joint venture company.
- 2013 - The Board of Directors of the Company approved a Scheme of Amalgamation and Arrangement (‘The Scheme’) between Landmark Limited, Fiora Link Road Properties Limited and Trexa ADMC Private Limited with the Company.
- 2014 - Trent's westside opens stores at 'Sun City' Jodhpur, 5th Store at Bengaluru, 9th store in Borivali and 5th Store in Chennai during the year.
- 2014 - One of India’s largest and fastest growing chain of retail stores,Trent's Westside announced the launch of private label teen fashion brand ‘Y&F ' Young and Free’.
- 2017 - Trent had acquired value fashion apparel business ‘Zudio’ from Trent Hypermarket Private Limited (THPL).
- 2019 - The company has acquired 51% of the share capital of Booker India Limited (BIL) thereby making it a subsidiary of the Company with effect from 28th September 2019.
- 2020 - Trent has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 100% of the share capital of Common Wealth Developers.
|Parent Organization||Trent Ltd.||Managing Director|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|