|Market Cap||2,202 Cr||EPS||3.9||High||215.65|
|Stock P/E||54.3||Net Profit Margin||-3.0||Low||213.5|
|Market Cap||2,202 Cr||ROE||7.9%|
|P/B Ratio||1.8||Dividend Yield||0.7%|
|Industry P/E||54.5||Book Value||117.5|
About the Company
Thirumalai Chemicals Limited was incorporated in 1972 as a public limited company and commenced commercial production in 1976. It was established to manufacture PAN with an initial installed capacity of 7500 mts per annum based on the technology supplied by Ch.F.Von Heyden and Davy Power Gas Germany.
Thirumalai Chemicals is a publicly owned company with shares traded in the stock market in India. TCL manufactures and markets organic acids, anhydrides and derivatives for a variety of global industries including plastics, resins, paints, and coatings, agro chemicals, food, pharmaceuticals, textiles, personal care, paper, etc.
The company's first plant to manufacture Phthalic Anhydride was set up in 1973 at Ranipet 100 km from Chennai in South India. Since then, it has grown into a highly profitable enterprise, rapidly expanding into the manufacture of Maleic Anhydride, Fumaric Acid and Malic Acid and various organic acids and derivatives. In 1994 TCL set up TCL Industries (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., a joint venture project in Malaysia to produce Maleic Anhydride. The plant is located at Kemaman in Terengganu State of Malaysia.
After the commissioning of the ambitious expansion projects at Ranipet in 1996 and the commissioning of n-Butane conversion Project in Malaysia in 2008, TCL ranks among the largest producers in the world of Phthalic Anhydride, Maleic Anhydride, Fumaric Acid and Malic Acid.
TCL has well planned and widespread infrastructure with regional offices in major cities of India. TCL's international marketing strategy aims at direct relationship with end users to provide efficient service to the customers. It is supported by local specialized agents around the world.
Product range of the company includes:
- Phthalic Anhydride
- Maleic Anhydride
- Fumaric acid
- Malic Acid
- L(+) Tartaric Acid
- Maleic Acid
- Succinic Acid
- Succinic Anhydride
- Diethyl Phthalate (DEP)
- Recognised as an Export House by the Government of India
- Won the Export Award for Meritorious Export Performance 1n 1993-'94
- Received the Certificate of Merit for outstanding export performance during 1994-'95
- Has pioneered the concept of low energy and zero power in India
- Has the first and only food acidulants plant designed and developed completely in-house, ranking among the top in the world.
- Has an in-house R&D unit recognised by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Science & Technology since 1993.
- Has modern biological effluent treatment plant to ensure nil pollution from the entire complex.
- Received ISO -9002 in 1994 for its quality management system - the first company in the world in this line of business, to get the honour. Upgraded and got recertified to ISO 9001:2000.
- Thirumalai Chemicals has made environmental initiatives an integral part of the company culture and received ISO 14001 accreditation,in 2000.
- TCL follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in Food acid manufacturing and has received HACCP certification
- TCL is working towards acquiring TPM excellence award from JIPM
- Became a Zero discharge organisation in August 2006
- Received Frost & Sullivan Gold Award 2006
- Received National Award for excellence in water management 2007
- Received ICC Aditya Birla Award as the Best Responsible Care Committed Company for 2007
- Received CII's National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2008
- ISO-9000 ( for Quality Systems), and ISO-14000(for excellence in Environmental, Safety and Health systems).
|Parent Organization||Thirumalai Chemicals Ltd.||Managing Director||Ramya Bharathram|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|