About the Company
Timken India Ltd., (TIL) a Timken Company subsidiary, started manufacturing bearings in India nearly three decades ago and today has state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in Jamshedpur and Bharuch to serve local bearing market needs and beyond. Employing the highly collaborative technical selling model for which Timken is known, the India team works directly with large OEM customers and with end users through a network of authorized distributors to make design and application recommendations to optimize performance and reliability. The Timken Technology Centre in Bangalore, one of four such centres in the world, provides customers access to engineering expertise and the latest technological advancements. It also offers a breadth of bearing repair and related mechanical power transmission services to its customers. Timken India was incorporated in 1987 as Tata Timken Limited (TTL), a joint venture between Tata Iron and Steel Company (TISCO) and The Timken Company, a world leader in bearings. It commenced commercial production at its Jamshedpur plant in March 1992. The Timken Company is a world leader in tapered roller bearings.
Business area of the company
The company actively operates in Indian anti-friction bearings, mechanical power transmission products and related services business.
Products and services of the company
The company offers a growing portfolio of engineered bearings, mechanical power transmission products and industrial services to keep industries moving efficiently and reliably.
- Best safety award from JSW, Bellary MILLTEC site.
- Sustainability Award from Mahindra and Mahindra.
- Sustainable supplier award from TATA motors.
- Quality Focus, responsiveness and cost efficiency award from Spicer India.
- Platinum award for Delivery by Automotive Axles.
- Hallmark International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) certification highly valued by global rail customers.
- Winner of Kaizen and Poka-yoke competition in Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Silver certificate of merit for manufacturing excellence by Frost & Sullivan & FICCI.
- On-Time delivery award by Terex in Sept’18
- Received Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certificate from Central Board of Excise & Customs.
- Excellence in Manufacturing from Indo-American Corporate Excellence Award.
- DL Shah Quality Award- Silver award for 'The Yield and Productivity Improvement’.
- Award for Energy Efficiency in Supply Chain by Tata Motors.
- Recipient of the award for Best Supplier from TATA Motors.
- Dana award for Expand Global Markets, recognizing successful and substantial efforts put in by a Supplier to support them across platforms and geographies.
- GE India conferred 'Best Supplier Support' award Opportunities.
|Parent Organisation||Timken India Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjay Koul|