About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘TCNS Clothing Co. Private Limited’ on December 3, 1997, as a private limited company under the Companies Act 1956, at New Delhi, with a certificate of incorporation granted by the Registrar of Companies, National Capital Territory of Delhi and Haryana (RoC). On the conversion of company to a public limited company pursuant to a resolution passed by its Shareholders on January 5, 2018, company’s name was changed to ‘TCNS Clothing Co. Limited’ and a fresh certificate of incorporation dated January 19, 2018 was issued by the RoC.
TCNS Clothing Company is India’s leading women’s branded apparel company in terms of total number of exclusive brand outlets as of May 2018, according to Technopak. It has a track record of developing home-grown brands leveraging its deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of Indian women. Over the years, it has expanded its brand portfolio to three brands, each positioned to cater to well-defined needs of their respective target consumers. W is a premium fusion wear brand, which merges Indian and western sensibilities with an emphasis on distinctive design and styling. Aurelia is a contemporary ethnic wear brand targeted at women looking for great design, fit and quality for their casual and work wear requirements. Wishful is a premium occasion wear brand, with elegant designs catering to women’s apparel requirements for evening wear and occasions such as weddings, events and festivals. Besides, it endeavours to utilize novel and distinctive marketing, advertising and customer engagement initiatives such as creating new fashion trends which combine western and ethnic apparel and introducing products in seasonal thematic collections. It uses digital and print advertisements, email communications, public relations initiatives, in-store communication and store facades and shutters, in order to increase brand awareness, acquire new customers, drive customer traffic across its retail channels and strengthen and reinforce its brand image.
Business area of the company
The company designs, manufactures, markets and retails a wide portfolio of women’s branded apparel across multiple brands. The company’s product portfolio includes top-wear, bottom-wear, drapes, combination-sets and accessories that caters to a wide variety of the wardrobe requirements of the Indian woman, including every-day wear, casual wear, work wear and occasion wear.
Major events and milestones
- 2002: Launched the brand ‘W’.
- 2006: Launched the brand ‘Wishful’.
- 2009: Launched the brand ‘Aurelia’.
- 2011: Investment by Matrix Holdings and Matrix India.
- 2015: Opened W stores in Mauritius and Sri Lanka.
- 2016: Investment by Wagner.
- 2017: Opened the first ‘Wishful’ store in India at New Delhi.
Awards and Accreditations
- 2015: Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for ‘Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year: Women’s Indian wear’ for brand W for Women.
- 2015: Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for ‘Most Admired Fashion Retailer of the Year: Women’s Indianwear’ for brand W for Women.
- 2016: Received the CMO award for ‘Retail Excellence - Retail Marketing Campaign of the Year’ #UnlikeBoring Campaign.
- 2016: Received the Images Most Admired Retailer Award- Digital Marketing Campaign for brand ‘W’.
- 2016: Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for ‘Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year: Women’s Indian wear’ for brand W.
- 2017: Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for ‘Most Admired Fashion Brand of the Year: Women’s Indian wear’ for brand W for Women.
- 2017: Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for Most Admired Fashion Retailer – Store Design & VM’ for brand W for Women.
- 2017: Received the Maddies Mobile Marketing Awards for ‘Most effective Campaign for Consumer’ for brand W for Women.
- 2018: 2018 Received the Annual Images Fashion Awards for ‘Most Admired Fashion Design Concept of the Year: Pantrobes by W.
|Parent Organization||TCNS Clothing Co. Ltd.||Managing Director||Anant Kumar Daga|