About the Company
Steelcast Ltd was established as a partnership firm in the year 1960 and was converted into a private company in 1972 and in the year 1988, it was converted into a deemed public company. The company caters to earthmoving equipment manufacturers, heavy electrical equipment manufacturers, mining, mineral processing equipment manufacturers, OFE valve manufacturers, general engineering equipment manufacturers and end users like cement plants, mining & mineral processing units, thermal power plants and steel plants.
The special strength of the company is in being able to successfully meet the challenges of an environment demanding continuously higher quality products. It has been recognized as leader in its principal product line of high integrity castings. It has norms and systems for quality assurance covering all stages, including a methodology for complete documentation, auditing and continuous self-correction.
Product range of the company includes:
- Carbon Steel
- Low Alloy Steel
- High Alloy Steel
- Hadfield Manganese Steel
- Other Superior Grades of Wear and Abrasion Resistant Steel Castings
- 1960: Established as a Partnership Firm
- 1972: Converted into a Private Limited Company
- 1988: Converted into a Deemed Public Limited Company
- 1994: Public issue with equity participation from M/s. Kurimoto Ltd., Japan
- 1995: Certified under ISO 9002 by RWTUV, Germany.
- 1999: Certified under ISO 9001 by RWTUV, Germany.
- 2006: Certified under ISO 14001 by TUV NORD, Germany.
- 2006: Certified under OHSAS 18001 by TUV NORD, Germany.
- Certified under ISO 9002 by RWTUV, Germany in 1995.
- Certified under ISO 9001 by RWTUV, Germany 1999.
- Certified under ISO 14001 by TUV NORD, Germany 2006.
- Certified under OHSAS 18001 by TUV NORD, Germany 2006.
- Certificate of appreciation from the Earth Moving Equipment Division of Hindustan Motors Limited, India (presently known as Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd.) for:
- Best Performance in Quality & Delivery in the supply of Steel Castings for 4 consecutive years.
- Outstanding performance in consistently supplying Steel Castings complying to TEREX Worldwide quality standards.
- Recipient of Shri Laxmanrao Kirloskar Best Foundry Award from the Institute of Indian Foundrymen.
- Recipient of Certificate of Export Excellence in 2005 & 2006 and SILVER SHIELD in the category of Star Performers in 2007 & 2008 in the product group of Industrial Castings in Large Enterprises by Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC).
- Certificate of recognition by Bhavnagar Municipal Corporation for valuable contribution towards Greening & Beautifying the City of Bhavnagar.
- Letter of appreciation from the Gujarat State Electricity Board, India, for Adopting Energy Conservation Measures in plant.
- Recipient of Chamber-Excel Excellence Award for the year 2005-06 from Saturashtra Chamber of Commerce & Industry for Excellence in Energy Conservation in last 3 years.
- “Best Vendor (Category-Castings)” award from M/s. Bharat Earth Movers Ltd., Bangalore, in recognition of outstanding performance in supply of materials during 2006-07.
- Recipient of Award for achieving Highest Rating in the ranking of India’s Top 500 manufacturing Small & Mid Sized companies for 2007 from Industry 2.0.
|Parent Organization||Steelcast Ltd.||Managing Director||Chetan M Tamboli|