About the Company
Star Cement (formerly Cement Manufacturing Company Limited) is a public limited company domiciled in India and incorporated on November 02, 2001 as per the provisions of the Companies Act. The company is the largest cement manufacturer in north east India. The manufacturing units are located at Lumshnong, Meghalaya and Guwahati, Assam. The Company is selling its product across north eastern and eastern states of India. The company’s brand ‘Star Cement’ has established itself as the most accredited brand of the region on grounds of both quality and fair pricing.
Star Cement is listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). Star Cement is one of the most profitable cement manufacturers in North East India. The company has received BIS License for the products being sold in the market. The company has developed a good image in the Market since launch of the product due to its superior quality. The company has also received ISO certificate.
Business area of the company
The Company is engaged in the manufacturing and selling of Cement Clinker & Cement.
- Ordinary Portland Cement 53 & 43 Grade
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Star Anti Rust Cement (ARC)
- Portland Slag Cement
Awards and accreditations
- ABP News HR & Leadership Awards for Excellence in Employee Engagement in February 2016
- Transport Excellence Award 2016 - National Award in Mining and in the Construction segment
- Gold Award (Alternative Media - Any single execution on non-conventional OOH) and Silver Award (Outdoor Media Plan of the Year - Local) at OAA 2016
- Award for Best practices in Employee Engagement - National HRD Network in 2016
- Awarded first prize in the Thermal Power Station sector - National Energy Conservation Award, 2015 and 2014
- Award for Most Preferred Cement Brand for five years consecutively at the North East Consumer Awards in 2015
- The company has won the ‘CSR Leadership Award’ in Manufacturing category organised by World CSR Congress and ET NOW for its exemplary contribution to the neighboring community of cement plant operational area through implementation of various CSR projects in the domain of health & sanitation, education, livelihood, rural development, environment and bio-diversity verticals.
- The company received a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ from the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Kamrup, Assam for making adequate arrangement for serving food and water to the devotees during the Ambubachi Mahotsav, 2018.
- The Company has won the coveted ‘Supply Chain & Logistics Excellence (SCALE) Award 2019’- under Cement Industry Category organised by the prestigious Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Institute of Logistics.
- The Company has received a Certificate of Appreciation from Deputy Commissioner, Kamrup Metropolitan District for maintaining high standard of Workmanship, Hygiene, Maintenance of Cleanliness, Discipline, Sanitation and in serving drinking water to devotees in Ma Kamakhya Temple during Ambubachi, 2019 which was carried out for a period of one week in the month of June, 2019.
- Installed mesh in coal mill outlet to avoid foreign material, resulting in a steady coal flow that is expected to reduce flushing from FK pump and kiln downtime.
- Installed variable fan drives in raw mill cyclone discharge bag filter, raw mill reject bag filter fan, RABH air slide blower bag filter fan, kiln tire cooling fan, blending silo top bag filter fan and silo aeration blower, lowering power consumption.
- Invested a sum of Rs. 2.8 billion over the past decade and launched aggressive campaigns outside North East India.
- Engaged local celebrities for endorsing its brands (Debojit Saha, Saurabhee Debbarma and Lou Majaw, among others.
- Company has won the ‘CSR Leadership Award’ in Manufacturing category organised by World CSR Congress and ET NOW for its exemplary contribution to the neighboring community of cement plant operational area through implementation of various CSR projects in the domain of health & sanitation, education, livelihood, rural development, environment and bio-diversity verticals. Your Company also received a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ from the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Kamrup, Assam for making adequate arrangement for serving food and water to the devotees during the Ambubachi Mahotsav, 2018”.
- The Company launched Star Anti Rust cement through a 360 degree campaign ‘Dhalai Mein Must Star Anti Rust’ using above-the-line and below-the-line modes of promotion; it established the need for using Anti Rust Cement in dhalai applications.
|Parent Organisation||Star Cement Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjay Agarwal|