About the Company
Established in 1981, Skipper has today evolved into one of the world's leading manufacturers for Transmission & Distribution Structures (Towers & Poles) in its Engineering products segment, a leading and respected brand in the plastic water pipes sector as well as trusted partner for executing critical Infrastructure EPC projects. Skipper's market reach spans across 20 countries around the globe from South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South and Southeast Asia and Australia. Within India, they are a preferred manufacturer of choice for their customers pan India, from J&K to Tamil Nadu and from North East India to Gujarat
Skipper is one of the world's largest Integrated Transmission Tower manufacturing companies with Angle Rolling, Tower, Accessories & Fastener manufacturing and EPC line construction. The company’s manufacturing capacity is the largest in India and among the top 10 in the world. Skipper is a national powerhouse in the Polymer Pipe business. Under the brand name of ‘Skipper’, the company manufactures huge range of premium quality pipes and fittings, which are used in different areas such as Plumbing, Sewage, Agriculture and Borewell sectors. Additionally, it is IT enabled and a number of operations are carried out on various ERP platforms. They are fast evolving from an Eastern region to a National Brand.
Business area of the company:
The company is in to the business of manufacturing Transmission & Distribution Structures (Towers & Poles), plastic water pipes and are in EPC line construction.
- Tower Accessories
- Solar Structures
- HDD Projects
- Tower EPC
- Transmission Towers
- Plumbing and Sewage:
- UPVC Pipes and Fittings
- CPVC Pipes and Fittings
- SWR Pipes and Fittings
- Rigid Pipes and Fittings
- Casing pipes
- Column pipes
- Ribbed Strainer pipes
- Second Guwahati Plant was launched in Palashbari
- Awarded ‘Largest Tower Supplier’ by PGCIL for the second time
- Awarded 'Star Performer' by EEPC
- Awarded ‘Largest Tower Supplier’ by PGCIL
- Commenced operations in Sikandrabad
- Crossed order book position of 24,500 Million, recommended a dividend of 130%
- Company is awarded as the 'Fastest growing Transmission Tower Manufacturing Company' by CNBC TV-18
- New PVC captive support unit got operational at Ahmedabad in April 2015
- Listed with NSE in May 2015. Market capitalisation of 17,900 Million
- Crossed revenue of 14,000 Million
- Commenced operations in Guwahati
- Company wins the best industry in Water Resources Sector by CBIP
- Listed with BSE - market capitalisation over 15,000 Million (end March 2015)
- Crossed 10 Billion in revenue
- Alliance agreement with South America's largest TSO for exclusive supply to their transmission projects
- Focus on broader and diversified product verticals
- Entered into backward integration of the two major product verticals tubes and towers, by way of Strip mill and Angle mill, respectively
- Got India's first order for 800KV transmission towers from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Commissioned Uluberia unit with first PVC unit and India's first double side Tube GI plant
- Company name changed to Skipper Limited
- Conversion of tower production process from manual to automatic CNC
- Entered into value addition of steel tubes as scaffoldings
- Crossed 1 Billion in revenue
- Got Powergrid approval for tower unit and first order itself of 400KV towers (the highest voltage level at that time)
- Entered into a manufacturing tie-up with Ramboll, Denmark - the world's largest tower designing company
- Set up first Tube mill
- Set up LPG cylinder unit
- Company name changed to 'Skipper Steels Ltd.' and diversified into manufacturing towers and masts
- The company was incorporated as 'Skipper Investments Limited'; the company began their journey by manufacturing Hamilton Poles
For Engineering Products:
• Largest Supplier - Towers Awards By Power Grid Corporation of India.
• HR Talent Management Awards By ET Now.
• Dream Companies To Work For (Rank 33) by Times Ascent.
• Dream Companies to Work For in Manufacturing Sector By Times Ascent.
• Economic Times Bengal Corporate Awards.
• Star Export House - 2 Stars by FIEO.
• Promising Manufacturer Exporter with Focus on Make In India by FIEO.
• Star Performer - Group 12 for the year 2014-15 by EEPC India.
• Largest Tower Supplier in the Tower Supply Category, 2017.
• Significant contribution in the field of CSR, 2017.
• Global HR Excellence Awards.
• Emerging EPC Player, 2016.
• Ethical Company 2016.
• Valuable Contribution to the Power Industry - Economic Times.
• Star Performer Award for the year 2015-16 - EEPC.
• Two Star Export House 2015.
• CNBC Award 2015.
• EEPC India Awards 2013-14.
• EEPC India Awards 2011-12.
• EEPC India Awards 2010-11.
• CII Award 2010-11.
For Pvc Pipes & Fittings:
• Global Marketing Excellence award for 'Innovation in Marketing, OOH'.
• Best Polymer Pipes & Fittings Brand, 2017.
• Emerging Brand of 2016.
• CBIP Awards 2015.
|Parent Organisation||Skipper Ltd.||Managing Director||Sajan Kumar Bansal|