|Market Cap||1,187 Cr||EPS||13.5||High||390.9|
|Stock P/E||28.4||Net Profit Margin||12.8||Low||378|
|Market Cap||1,187 Cr||ROE||16.9%|
|P/B Ratio||4.2||Dividend Yield||0.3%|
|Industry P/E||67.4||Book Value||90.8|
About the Company
Sigachi Industries is engaged in manufacturing microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) which is widely used as an excipient for finished dosages in the pharmaceutical industry. The inert non-reactive, free flowing and versatile nature of MCC has varied applications in the pharmaceutical, food, nutraceuticals and the cosmetic industries. It manufactures MCC of various grades ranging from 15 microns to 250 microns. The major grades of MCC manufactured and marketed by the company are branded as HiCel and AceCel. These products are distinguished with the help of different drying techniques employed by the company during the manufacturing process. HiCel is a spray dried product and is considered premium in quality due to the physical properties of the product such as particle size, density, flow, tableting properties, etc. AceCel on the other hand is manufactured through bulk drying process. It also manufactures various grades of this product in combination with various chemicals like colloidal silicon dioxide, carboxy cellulose sodium, mannitol etc. to cater to the growing market of the co-processed excipients.
The company operates three manufacturing units namely, Unit I situated at Hyderabad and two manufacturing units, Unit II and Unit III are situated at Jhagadia and Dahej, respectively located in Gujarat. Unit I manufacture both HiCel and AceCel and caters to the domestic and international customers such as end users, merchants, distributors and exporters. Unit II manufactures AceCel and supplements the sale in the domestic market. Unit III is situated at Special Economic Zone (SEZ) at Dahej and is engaged in the manufacture of HiCel and special grades which is exported to overseas customers and distributors. The company foresees an increase in demand of MCC and to the tap the growing market, it intends to utilize the Net Proceeds of this Issue to enhance the production capacity of MCC by increasing the existing capacity of its Unit II and Unit III and manufacturing of CCS in the Proposed Unit at Kurnool.
Business area of the company
The company is an industry leader in the field of Pharma Excipients, Nutra and food ingredients. The company has rapidly established itself as one of the largest manufacturers of Microcrystalline Cellulose worldwide.
Awards and Accreditations
- 1993: The company was awarded with the ‘Best Entrepreneur Award’ by the President of India.
- 1993: The company was awarded with the ‘National Award’ by the Development Commissioner (MSME), Government of India.
- 1998: The company was awarded with the ‘Best Entrepreneur Award’ by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- 2010: The Company was awarded with the ‘National Award for Outstanding Entrepreneurship’ by the Government of India.
- 2011: The company was awarded the first prize at the Innovation Award Ceremony for MSME 2011. The award consisted of a cash award of Rs 02 lakh along with a ‘certificate of excellence in innovation’.
- 2011: The company was awarded with the ‘National Award for Outstanding Entrepreneurship’ by the Government of India.
- 2013: The company was awarded the title of ‘SME Achievers of 2013’ by Bank of India.
- 2014: The Company was honored with the ‘Top SME 100 Award 2014’ by Bank of India.
- 2015: The company was honored with ‘DHL SME ZEE Business Award 2013’.
- 2018: The company was awarded with the title of ‘Employer of the Year’ by CHRO, Asia.
- 2018: The company was awarded with the titled of ‘Company of the Year’ by Zee Business at Dare to Dream Awards.
- 2019: WCO’s Safe Framework of Standards, Indian Customs certified the Company in its Authorised Economic Operator Programme under CIBC circular number 33/2016 dated July 22, 2016.
- 2020: The company was awarded with the title of ‘Achiever of Silver Star’ in the category of Medium Scale Industries (Manufacturing) in the HR Best Practices 2019 programme organised by the Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Major Events and Milestones
- 1989: Incorporation of the company as a private company with the name ‘Sigachi Chloro-Chemicals Private Limited’ with the business to manufacture paraffin oil with the focus to cater to the needs of the niche segment of the customers with prime quality of our products.
- 1990: Since, the Company saw a growth in its business operation, it decided to diversify its business activities to manufacture microcrystalline cellulose, which was also the domain of one of our Directors.
- 1996: The Company began the in-house manufacture of alpha cellulose, a key raw material required for manufacturing our final product, microcrystalline cellulose.
- 1998: The Company commenced its export operations by exporting its product, microcrystalline cellulose to Bangkok.
- 2000: The company started manufacturing premium grade microcrystalline cellulose by successfully commissioning a spray drier and a multi-fuel furnace, which in turn also increased our manufacturing capacity from 720 metric tonnes per annum to 1080 metric tonnes per annum.
- 2004: The sale from company’s export operations constituted 32% of its total sales during the financial year.
- 2006: The company’s Research and Developments laboratory received an accreditation from Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR) to undertake research and development.
- 2007: The Company for the first time registered its Drug Master File (“DMF”) under the US FDA enabling it to augment its export operations.
- 2008: Setting up of a unit for manufacturing microcrystalline cellulose at Jhagadia, Gujarat.
- 2009: Setting up of 100 % export oriented unit (“EOU”) for manufacturing microcrystalline cellulose in the special economic zone (“SEZ”) at Dahej, Gujarat.
- 2010: The company commenced the commercial production of microcrystalline cellulose at our manufacturing unit situated at Jhagadia.
- 2011: The research and development division of our Company innovated a novel filteration process for manufacturing microcrystalline cellulose.
- 2012: The company commenced the commercial production of microcrystalline cellulose at the manufacturing unit situated at Dahej.
- 2014: Approval received for the scheme of arrangement executed for merger of SigachiCellulos Private Limited and SigachiPlasticisers Private Limited with Company.
- 2014: The Company received a certificate of suitability received from European Directorate of Quality Medicines.
- 2016: The Company received a certificate of registration from TUV India Private Limited certifying that the management system applied by us in its manufacturing unit situated at Jhagadia is as per ISO 9001:2008.
- 2020: The company received a certificate of registration from TUV NORD CERT GmnH applying management system as per Food Safety System Certification 2000 (Version 4.1) in our manufacturing unit situated at Hyderabad.
|Parent Organization||Sigachi Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Amit Raj Sinha|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|