About the Company
Shree Pushkar Chemicals and Fertilisers is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified company, promoted by first generation entrepreneurs, Punit Makharia and Gautam Makharia. It commenced its business operations in the year 1993 with a trading business and has emerged to become one of the few manufacturers with widest range of dye intermediates in India with zero waste. It has state of art integrated manufacturing facilities located at Lote Parshuram, Maharashtra. Over the years, the integration (backward and forward) has helped it diversify into wide range of products in such a way that many of the intermediate products are used to manufacture other value added products leading to efficiencies in the cost of production and low dependence on raw materials from external sources.
Its products are marketed and sold in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka in India. The company is also a recognised Export House by Government of India. Its products are exported to one of the world’s leading dye manufacturers’ viz., Huntsman Corporation, headquartered in USA as also to Archroma Management LLC, a global color and speciality chemical company headquartered in Swizterland. Besides these, it also exports to countries namely, Brazil, Thailand, Pakistan and Mexico.
The company has also entered into the marketing arrangement with DCM Shriram, Delhi, for Single Super Phosphate (SSP) within the state of Maharashtra and Karnataka. It distributes its product along with its own products in the regions of Maharashtra and Karnataka. Its product is sold under the brand name “SHRIRAM SUPER”. DCM Shriram is amongst India’s leading companies having presence in Agri-Rural business like urea & SSP, sugar and farm inputs and Chlor-Vinyl business such as caustic soda, chlorine, calcium carbide, PVC resins among others manufacturing. It has during January 2012 launched its own soil conditioner brand “Dharti Ratna” which is being marketed in Western Maharashtra. In addition, the company has also entered into marketing arrangement with Shivam Chemicals, Mumbai, (SCPL) for marketing of Di Calcium Phosphate (DCP) in the state of Karnataka. SCPL is a marketing agent in the state of Karnataka for Di Calcium Phosphate beside other products like Quick Lime, Hydrated Lime. It has a well established marketing network with agents all over India.
Business area of the company
The company is amongst India’s large manufacturers of K-Acid, a dye intermediate used to manufacture Reactive Dyes for dying of textiles. It manufactures products in 4 major verticals viz., Dye Intermediates, Acid Complex (comprising sulphuric and its derivative acids), Cattle Feed Supplement and Fertilizers (Single Super Phosphate & Soil Conditioner). It markets, sells and distributes its wide range of products to its diverse customers based in India and abroad. Over the years it has established its sales network both in domestic and international markets. It works on two-way marketing strategy, one being direct approach to its customers and the other through selling agents/ dealers.
Key Events and Milestones
- 1993: Incorporated as “Shree Pushkar Petro Products Limited” on March 29, 1993
- 1996: Commenced trading in / imports of related chemical products and dye intermidiates
- 2001: Commenced manufacturing of Gamma Acid at B-103, MIDC Industrial Area Lote Parshuram.
- 2002: Commenced manufacturing of Amido-G
- 2003: Commenced manufacturing of G-Salt
- 2004: Commenced manufacturing of K-Acid and Vinyl Sulphone Ester
- 2006: Commenced manufacturing of Meta Ureido Aniline and R-Salt
- 2007: Commenced manufacturing of Di Calcium Phosphate
- 2008: Acquired additional plot of land at B-102, MIDC Industrial Area, Lote Parshuram for carrying on expansion of its manufacturing activities.
- 2009: Acquired additional plot at D-25, M.I.D.C. Industrial Area, Lote Parshuram, for setting up a plant for manufacturing of fertilizers.
- 2009: Participation by IFCI Venture Capital Funds Limited in the equity share capital of the company vide execution of Equity Subscription Agreement dated April 27, 2009.
- 2009: Commenced manufacturing of H-Acid
- 2010: Commenced the Acid division and achieved a turnover of Rs 1,000 million
- 2011: Commenced manufacturing of Single Super Phosphate and Soil Conditioner (Fertilizer) and commissioned a 500KW Captive Power Plant
- 2011: Implemented SAP
- 2011: Opened office in Pune for marketing of fertilizers.
- 2012: The name of the company was changed to ‘Shree Pushkar Chemicals & Fertilisers Limited’ pursuant to a Fresh Certificate of Incorporation dated March 5, 2012, issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra to reflect the business of the company more accurately.
- 2012: Launched its own soil conditioner brand “Dharti Ratna” which is being marketed in Western Maharashtra.
- 2013: Enhanced the capacity of the SSP plant located at D-25, MIDC, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra from 45,000 TPA to 1 Lac Tonnes Per Annum.
- 2013: ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 9001:2008 certificates for both of its manufacturing units
- 2014: Entered into MoU for acquiring an additional plot at D-18, M.I.D.C. Industrial Area, Lote Parshuram, for setting up a plant for manufacture of fertilizer - Sulphate of Potash.
|Parent Organisation||Shree Pushkar Chemicals & Fertilisers Ltd.||Managing Director||Punit Makharia|