About the Company
Shemaroo Entertainment was originally incorporated as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 on December 23, 2005 with the name Shemaroo Holdings Private Limited. On May 28, 2008, the name of the company was changed to Shemaroo Entertainment Private Limited. Established as a book circulating library, today the company is an established integrated media content house in India with activities across content acquisition, value addition to content and content distribution.
The company is engaged in the business of Aggregation, Production and Co- Production of Cinematograph Films, Dramas etc., and subsequently exploiting and distributing rights of Films, Dramas across the world through various medium such as television licensing , DVD and VCD release, exploiting various rights of the content through new distribution avenues such as IPTV, VOD and mobile platform. The Company houses state-of-the-art studio facilities, equipped with highly sophisticated studio hardware and software.
The content Library of the company consists of more than 2,900 titles spanning new Hindi films and titles in various other regional languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali among others as well as non-film content. It is one of the largest independent content aggregators in Bollywood.
The company distributes its content through various mediums such as (i) television - satellite, terrestrial and cable television; (ii) new media platforms consisting of mobile, internet, direct to home (DTH) and other applications; (iii) home entertainment; and (iv) other media.
The recent initiatives of the company include tying up as an official channel partner for Google Inc.’s You Tube where it is managing 32 channels. The company is also moving beyond providing just content, to providing content management solutions to partners.
The company’s activities spans across content acquisition, value addition to content and content distributionApart from home video the company is providing content management solutions to partners such as -
• Airtel digital television in connection with an interactive devotional service, namely 'iDarshan'
• British Telecom’s (UK) IPTV service BT Vision for their South-Asian content pack and
• Tata DOCOMO’s video platform for 3G services.
Awards and achievements
- Chanakya Speaks - The Seven Pillars for Business Success produced by Shemaroo Entertainment, won accolades on an international platform. The film won prestigious Award of Merit in The Indie Fest (California) under the category of feature documentary.
- Shemaroo bagged 13 Indian DVD Awards at DVD Entertainment India Summit 2009.
- Shemaroo bags Two Awards at - Golden Cursor Awards' 2009.
- Shemaroo Entertainment’s films 'Omkara' and 'Anuranan' were awarded at the 54th National Film Awards held in New Delhi in 2008.
- The BAGHBAN DVD made by the company won the 'Best DVD Creation for Telecine and Authoring Excellence' award at the DVD Disc-Tech Awards 2005.
|Parent Organization||Shemaroo Entertainment Ltd.||Managing Director||Raman Maroo|