|Market Cap||3,064 Cr||EPS||15.4||High||515|
|Stock P/E||33.1||Net Profit Margin||3.0||Low||505.45|
|Market Cap||3,064 Cr||ROE||8.6%|
|P/B Ratio||3.2||Dividend Yield||0.5%|
|Industry P/E||53.0||Book Value||158.7|
About the Company
The company was incorporated on October 19, 1987 as ‘Sandhar Locking Devices Private Limited’, at New Delhi, India, as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The name of the company was subsequently changed to ‘Sandhar Locking Devices Limited’ on conversion to a public limited company, and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Delhi and Haryana (RoC), to the company on September 21, 1992. Subsequently, name of the company was changed from ‘Sandhar Locking Devices Limited’ to ‘Sandhar Technologies Limited’, and a fresh certificate of incorporation, consequent upon change of name was issued by the RoC to Company on November 11, 2005.
The company is a customer centric component supplier primarily catering to automotive OEMs and largely focused on safety and security systems of vehicles with a pan India presence and a growing international footprint. It is a leader in the two-wheeler locking systems market, and the commercial vehicle rear view market in India, and is one of the two largest companies catering to the commercial vehicle locking systems market, and the two-wheeler rear view market in India. It is also one of the two largest manufacturers of operator cabins in India, along with being the largest player in the excavator cabins market. The company’s long-standing relationship with its major customers has been one of the most significant factors contributing to growth. Its customer portfolio consists of 79 Indian and global OEMs across various segments. In addition to OEM customers, it has also relationships with global automotive component suppliers such as Autoliv, Bosch, and CTS, to whom it supply various products.
Business area of the Company:
Presently, the company manufactures 21 categories of products, including such product categories that are manufactured through its Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures, which cater to different industry segments. Its portfolio comprises various categories of products including safety and security systems such as lock assemblies, mirror assemblies, operator cabins for off-highway vehicles, aluminium spools, spindles, and hubs. The company also manufactures other product categories including wheel assemblies, handle bar assemblies, brake panel assemblies, sheet metal components such as fuel filler caps, fuel cock assembly, step pillions, tools, dies, moulds, other aluminium components, crane and tractor parts, plastic and painted parts such as door handles (inner and outer), panels for televisions, and cabinets for air conditioners.
Key events and milestones:
- 1988: Incorporated as ‘Sandhar Locking Devices Private Limited’.
- 1988: Engaged by Honda Lock for providing technical assistance in relation to two-wheeler locks.
- 1992: Started production of two-wheeler locks, and fuel filler cap for Hero Honda at Gurugram.
- 1996: Engaged by Honda Lock for technical collaboration for two-wheeler main switch 35100-GBG-8500 for C100 motorcycles.
- 1998: Engaged by Honda Lock for technical collaboration for four-wheeler mirror assembly, handle assembly.
- 1999: Commencement of supply of mirror assembly to Honda Cars.
- 2002: Production of zinc and aluminium pressure die-casting components commences at Sandhar Auto Components at Sandhar Components, Manesar.
- 2004: Engaged by Honda Lock for providing technical assistance in relation to four-wheeler lock assemblies.
- 2006: Acquisition of the companies of Adeep Group, being Adeep Locks, Adeep Roloforms, and Agrim Automach, companies engaged in the business of manufactured lock assemblies, steel wheel rims, and handle bars.
- 2010: Unit in Chakan, Maharashtra, established for manufacture of door handles.
- 2013: Technical collaboration agreement executed by Company with JEM Techno, South Korea, for manufacture of relays.
- 2014: GTI increases its shareholding in the Company from 10.75% to 17.47%, by subscribing to Equity Shares issued in a rights issue undertaken by Company.
- 2016: Executed a joint venture agreement with DMRG and Tarun Agrawal for manufacture and trading of solar plants and components for solar power plants.
- 2017: Executed a joint venture agreement with Jinyoung Electro - Mechanic, to establish Jinyoung Sandhar, for the purpose of manufacture, sell and assemble audio AVN panel and switches in India.
- 2018: Executed a joint venture agreement with Amkin Group to establish Sandhar Amkin Industries to set up a joint venture to design, manufacture, market, sell and assemble, in India, helmet, helmet accessories and related parts, visors, safety headgear, riding protection accessories, storage box, pannier box and riding apparel.
- 2018: Executed a joint venture agreement with Daewha Fuel Pump, to establish Sandhar Daewha Automotive Systems, to manufacture, sell and assemble, in India, fuel pumps, filters, starter motor and wiper blades.
- 2018: Executed a joint venture agreement with Daeshin to set up a joint venture for manufacturing, assembly, and sale of gear shifters and parking brakes for the four-wheeler segment.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2012: The company received Golden Peacock National Quality Award.
- 2012: The company bagged First Runner-up at the CII Quality Circle Chapter Convention of Northern Region.
- 2012: The company won award of Appreciation for Significant Contribution from L&T Komatsu to Sandhar Automotives, Bommasandra.
- 2013: The company received Certificate of appreciation for securing the 2nd place in the competition for Quality Improvement Project from TVS Motor Company.
- 2013: The company received Award for Excellence in Active Support in New Development at the Forge Ahead 14th Partners’ Meet to Mag Engineering.
- 2014: The company received Certificate of appreciation for best performance in delivery from Komatsu India to Mag Engineering.
- 2016: The company won Bronze Award in the category of delivery from Honda Cars to Sandhar Automotives, Dhumaspur, in the Annual Supplier Convention 2017.
2016: The company won Kaizen Award to Sandhar Automotives, Dhumaspur in the ninth Cluster Summit organized by CII.
- 2017: The company received Special recognition award at the CII – National 5S Excellence Awards 2017 for the Manufacturing Industry to Sandhar Automotives, Gurugram.
- 2017: Supplier performance award for Excellence in Cost at the Supplier Convention, 2017.
- 2017: Supplier of the year at Volvo CE-India Annual Supplier Conference to Mag Engineering.
|Parent Organization||Sandhar Technologies Ltd.||Managing Director||Jayant Davar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|