About the Company
Sakthi Sugars, established in 1964, is one of the largest producers of sugar in India with a capacity of over 13,500 tonnes of cane crushing per day. Sakthi Sugar has units / plants in the states of Tamil Nadu and Orissa.
Sakthi Sugars first unit, set up by the riverside of Bhavani, has outbeaten many records in performance like the 17 lakh tonnes of cane crush in 2001-02. The unit also bagged the most prestigious National Efficiency Awards consecutively for serveral years. It has several most outstanding performances i.e. achieving the lowest sugar losses, highest standards of technical efficiency and the highest mill efficiency.
This unit is the only sugar factory in India which can produce superfine grade of sugar corresponding to international standard measured at grade 35 and below by International Commission for Uniform Method of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA). This has been possible through constant R & D efforts, excellent rapport with the farming community, adoption of appropriate technology in cane cultivation and processing techniques. The registered area under sugarcane progressively increased from 3500 hectares to over 15,000 hectares and the per hectare productivity increased from 70 to 100 tonnes.
Products manufactured by the company include:
- White Crystal Sugar of grade S30, M30 and L 30
- Bio Compost
Sugar manufactured is of international standard of ICUMSA 35 units maximum and exported overseas.
Different units of the company:
- SIVAGANGA SUGAR UNIT- This unit was set up in 1989 as a part of the company's expansion plans in one of the most backward areas Sivagangai district of Tamil Nadu. This 4000 TCD sugar mill supports thousands of cane growers in this region ushering in rural prosperity. This was the first unit in India to haveautosetting milling tandem.
- BARAMBA SUGAR UNIT- It is a co-operative sugar factory of 1250 TCD in Barambagarh in Cuttack district in the state of Orissa, taken over by Sakthi in 1991, under “Management Contract”.
- DHENKANAL SUGAR UNIT- This new sugar unit with a capacity of 2500 TCD is in Haripur Village, Dhenkanal dstrict of Orissa. Commercial production started during mid 1994-95 season. With numerous lft irigation pojects established with Sakthi's efforts, the area under sugarcane is continuously increasing.
- SRI CHAMUNDESWARI SUGARS- This company was set up in 1974 with a capacity of 1250 TCD in Mandya district of Karnataka. The. capacity was progressively increased to 4000TCD in 1989. The Company has further plans of expansion and diversification. This company, won the best performance award from SISTA in 1989-90. It is also known to be one of the first sugar plants to employ modern technology in cane crushing and sugar extraction.
Awards & Achievements:
It has bagged the most prestigious National Efficiency Awards consecutively for serveral years.
|Parent Organization||Sakthi Sugars Ltd.||Managing Director||M Manickam|