About the Company
The company was initially incorporated as Rossari Labtech on March 6, 2003, as a partnership firm under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932, pursuant to a certificate of registration dated June 22, 2003, issued by the Registrar of Firms, Mumbai. The name of the partnership firm was changed to Rossari Biotech on December 5, 2003 and further the firm converted into a joint stock company on August 10, 2009, under part IX of the Companies Act, 1956 as Rossari Biotech Limited with a certificate of incorporation granted by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (RoC). The company received its certificate of commencement of business on August 13, 2009.
Business area of the company
The company is one of the leading specialty chemicals manufacturing companies in India providing customized solutions to specific industrial and production requirements of its customers primarily in the FMCG, apparel, poultry and animal feed industries through its diversified product portfolio comprising home, personal care and performance chemicals; textile specialty chemicals; and animal health and nutrition products. The company’s business is organized in three main product categories - (i) home, personal care and performance chemicals; (ii) textile specialty chemicals; and (iii) animal health and nutrition products.
The company is the leading manufacturer of acrylic polymers in India and manufactures many products for its customers in the soaps and detergent, paints, inks and coatings, ceramics and tiles, water treatment chemicals and pulp and paper industries. It also manufacture institutional cleaning chemical formulations for hospitality, facility management, airports, corporates, food service, commercial laundry, malls, multiplexes, educational sector, places of worship etc. It is in advanced stages of expanding its home, personal care and performance product portfolio to water treatment formulations, specialty formulation for breweries as well as dairies. Besides, the company provides specialty chemicals for the entire value-chain of the textile industry starting from fiber, yarn to fabric, wet processing and garment processing. The company has also diversified into animal health and nutrition and currently supply poultry feed supplements and additives, pet grooming and pet treats including for weaning, infants and adult pets.
Major Events & Milestones:
- 2003: The company’s Promoters entered into a partnership firm to start the manufacturers of specialty chemicals and industrial enzymes in India.
- 2004: Established first manufacturing facility at Silvassa.
- 2009: Conversion of partnership firm into company.
- 2009: Incorporation of company.
- 2009: Obtained recognition for in-house R&D unit from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- 2010: Forayed into animal health and nutrition products.
- 2013: Forayed into HPPC products.
- 2014: The company’s Promoters entered into a Joint Venture with BUZIL-WERK Wagner GmbH & Co. KG to form Buzil Rossari.
- 2015: Lease granted by GIDC to company for setting up manufacturing facility at Dahej.
- 2017: The Food Safety Management System of Silvassa Manufacturing Facility has been assessed and found to conform to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
- 2018: Entered into an exclusive purchasing agreement with Hindustan Unilever.
- 2020: Completion of the Pre-IPO Placement.
Awards & accreditations:
- 2009: The erstwhile Hon’ble Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee awarded ‘Corp EXCEL 2008– National mSME’ form a list of 27000 companies.
- 2010: Frost & Sullivan awarded ‘Customer Value Enhancement for Industrial Enzymes Market’.
- 2011: The Council for Fair Business Practices awarded ‘CFBP – Jamnalal Bajaj Uchit Vyavahar Puraskar for Fair Business Practices’.
- 2017: The India SME Forum awarded at the India SME 100 Awards for ‘scoring in the top 100 in the overall evaluation of Financial & Non - Financial Parameters amongst 33102 nominations’.
- 2018: Arvind awarded ‘Star Performer Award 2018’ in the Dye & Chemicals Category.
|Parent Organisation||Rossari Biotech Ltd.||Managing Director||Sunil Srinivasan Chari|