About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Burger King India Private Limited’ under the Companies Act, 1956 at Mumbai, pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated November 11, 2013, issued by the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Mumbai (RoC). Subsequently, the company was converted into a public limited company, the word ‘private’ was struck off from the name of the company and consequently, a fresh certificate of incorporation dated September 25, 2019 was issued by the RoC, recording the change of the company’s name to ‘Burger King India Limited’.
The company is one of the fastest growing international QSR chains in India during the first five years of its operations based on number of restaurants. As the national master franchisee of the Burger King brand in India, the company has exclusive rights to develop, establish, operate and franchise Burger King branded restaurants in India. Its master franchisee arrangement provides it with the ability to use Burger King’s globally recognized brand name to grow its business in India, while leveraging the technical, marketing and operational expertise associated with the global Burger King brand.
The company’s master franchisee arrangement provides it with flexibility to tailor its menu to Indian tastes and preferences, as well as its promotions and pricing. Its customer proposition focuses on value leadership, offering its customers variety through innovative new food offerings at different day parts, catering to the local Indian palate, offering a wide range of vegetarian meal options, and its taste advantage and flame grilling expertise. This enables it to grow its customer base by attracting customers looking for everyday value and giving them opportunities to access its brand for the first time. This also increases the frequency and occasions when customers can visit its restaurants, which drives footfalls and same-store sales.
Business area of the company
Burger King is the India's fastest growing quick service restaurant chains. It has an exclusive right to establish, develop, and operate Burger King branded restaurants in India.
Awards and accreditations:
- 2015: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Rookie of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2016: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Segment 2 Operator of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2017: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Marketer of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2018: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Operator of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2018: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Segment 3 Franchisee of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2018: The company was awarded with ‘Global Master Franchisee of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2019: The company was awarded with ‘APAC Operator of the Year’ by Burger King Corporation.
- 2015: Commenced operations at the first store at Select Citywalk Mall, Saket, New Delhi.
- 2018: The first television commercial of the company aired on television.
- 2018: Commenced operations at the 100th store at Jalandhar LPU, Punjab.
- 2018: Entered into a partnership with Mumbai Indians.
- 2019: Expansion to east zone by opening of store in Bhubaneshwar.
- 2019: The company crossed revenue of Rs 6,000 million and became EBITDA positive.
- 2020: Commenced operations at the 200th store at Chakala metro station, Mumbai.
- 2020: Launched the first store in Kolkata.
- 2020: Commenced operations at the 250th store at Iffco Chowk metro station, Gurgaon.
|Parent Organization||Restaurant Brands Asia Ltd.||Managing Director|