About the Company
Incepted in 1925, Raymond has been synonymous with Trust, Quality and Excellence. Raymond is a diversified group with majority business interests in textile and apparel sectors as well as presence across diverse segments such as FMCG, engineering and prophylactics in national and international markets. Having enjoyed the patronage of over a billion consumers, Raymond as a brand has been consistently delivering world class quality products to its consumers since the past nine decades.
Having established its dominance in the Textiles, Raymond is also an aggressive player in the ready to wear apparel segment with reputed brands such as Park Avenue, Raymond Ready To Wear ColorPlus & Parx that are a part of its product portfolio. Having pioneered the innovative concept of customised clothing, ‘Raymond Made To Measure’ offers luxurious service allows discerning customers to personalize their ensemble bringing together their own personal taste.
The Raymond Group is present in the FMCG business through associate companies - J.K. Helene Curtis Limited and J.K. Ansell Private Limited (JKAL). Through these companies, Raymond Group caters mainly to the male grooming segment through pioneering brands like Park Avenue and KS; home care segment through Premium brand and sexual wellness segment through KamaSutra brand.
Raymond Group also has an extensive presence in the B2B space, through its garmenting business. Raymond’s state of the art & wholly owned subsidiaries such as Silver Spark Apparel Ltd, Celebrations Apparel Ltd & Everblue Apparel Ltd by crafts suits, trousers, shirts & Jeans for leading fashion labels across the world and is the only manufacturer of Full canvas premium Jackets in India.
Raymond Ltd ventured into the engineering business with the establishment of JK Files (India) Ltd. in 1949. JK Files Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of steel files in the world with a domestic market share of about 65% in the files business. The group also has a presence in the auto components industry through its subsidiary Ring Plus Aqua Ltd. This business comprises of the manufacture of Ring Gears, Flexplates and Water pump bearings. The company is present in diverse industry segments such as Automotive, Industrial and Power generators, Agricultural and Marine Applications, marked by strong relationships with domestic and international OEMs.
Business area of the company
Raymond is a leading Indian textile, lifestyle and branded apparel company. The company has its wide network of operations in local as well foreign market. The company sells its product through multiple channels including wholesale, franchisee, retail etc.
Business segment of the company
- Raymond Made To Measure
- Raymond Home
Awards and Accolades
- Raymond Apparel Limited’s RTW (Ready to Wear) Indiranagar Store won the award for “Innovative Retail Concept of the Year” by Asia Retail Congress
- Raymond Ltd was ranked as the #1 Textile Company by the Business world magazine and ranked #23 amongst the most respected companies in India (January 11, 2016, edition)
- Raymond Luxury Cottons Limited won the Annual Greentech Safety Management Award 2015 in Gold Category as an outstanding achiever in the area of Safety in the Textile Sector
- Silver Spark Apparel Limited won the award for “Best Companies to Work For 2015” Award by the Economic Times and the Great Place to Work for the second consecutive year in a row
- Raymond’s Vapi textile plant was awarded the Greentech Safety Award for third consecutive year in 2016
- Silver Spark Apparel Ltd (SSAL) won the ‘Gold Certificate of Merit’ at Frost & Sullivan Indian Manufacturing Excellence Awards, 2016
- SSAL secured the third position at APEC Export Awards 2015-16 in the highest global exports category
- Raymond bagged Most Trusted Brand Award in Clothes & Apparel Category for 2016 by Business World.
- Raymond was recognised as ‘Most Admired Men’s Apparel Brand’ (Retail Category) at GLOBE Platinum Awards 2016.
- Raymond Limited was ranked 3 in the Apparel and Fashion Category for afaqs! India’s Most Buzziest Brands, 2017.
- Raymond Limited won ET Now India Awards for Best Retail Company and Retailer of the year for The Raymond Shop.
- Raymond Limited, Raymond Apparel Limited and Raymond Luxury Cottons Limited have emerged as the certified ‘Great Places to Work’ organisations in India.
- Raymond Limited Store in Jekegram was honoured with the prestigious IMAGES Most Admired Retailer of the Year and Most Admired Design Concept of the Year Award.
- Raymond Lifestyle won ‘Companies with Great Managers Award’ by People Business and Economic Times.
- Raymond Textile division won CII Awards - Supply Chain and Logistic Excellence Award in retail category.
- The Vapi Textile Unit won Gold at Chapter Convention on Quality Circle 2017 by Quality Circle Forum India
- Raymond Apparel Limited was awarded as “Most Admired Clothing Company of the Year” by Clothing
Manufacturing Association of India Apex Awards.
- Silver Spark Apparel Limited won the award by Apparel Export Promotion Council for Highest Global Exports FY17 and Highest Exports in Woollen Garments.
- Raymond Limited’s Annual report was awarded as Top 80 Annual reports in Asia Pacific at LACP International awards and has also won other six awards.
- Raymond Limited was awarded - Marketing Campaign of the Year at Indian Retail Awards 2018.
- Raymond Limited was awarded - Most Admired BrandMarketing & Promotion at India Fashion Forum.
- Raymond Khadi won ‘Best Window Display Products & Collection’ at Global Awards for Retail Excellence.
- The Chhindwara Textile unit won National Energy Management Award by Society of Energy Engineers & Managers (SEEM).
- The Vapi Textile unit won Gold Award for Environment Management awarded by GreenTech Foundation.
- The Vapi Textile unit won “Grow Care India Environment Awards 2018” - Gold category.
- The Jalgaon Textile unit won Greentech Safety Gold Award.
- Silver Spark Apparel Limited won the award of Best Manufacturer Exporter awarded by Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
- Raymond Apparel Limited won the ‘Best Marketing Campaign of the year’ award for its “ParxHunt” initiative by Times Network as National award.
- Ethnix wins award for most admired fashion design concept & excellence
- Raymond Represents India, wins 2nd prize in World Tailoring event
- National Awards for Marketing Excellence at BTVI: Sustainouva won in ‘Best Product Launch of Eco
- Raymond awarded “Best Product Manufacturer and Distributor” at the Professional Clothing Association Industry Worldwide Summit, London
- Chhindwara Plant: Excellence in Quality Management & Leadership at Global Awards 2019
- Vapi Plant: Global Recycle Standard (GRS) certification
- Raymond is Winner of “Business Transformation through Technology” in ZEE Dare to Dream Awards
- JK Files - Leading Emerging Indian Company of the Year Award
- 1925: A small woolen mill named as Raymond Woollen Mill was set up in Thane.
- 1944: When Lala Kailashpat Singhania took over Raymond in 1944, the mill was used to manufacture coarse woollen blankets and modest quantities of low-priced woolen fabrics. Soon Raymond embarked upon a gradual phase of adapting new technology innovations which led to the production of superior quality fabrics.
- 1950: Post-independence, in a quest to become self-reliant, production commenced at the company’s new manufacturing unit JK Files in 1950. The unit manufactured indigenous engineering files.
- 1952: Gopalkrishna Singhania arrived to assist his uncle Lala Kailashpat Singhania at the Raymond Mills in Mumbai.
- 1958: Raymond became the first company to blend polyester with wool and introduced Terool - a runaway success that was the forerunner in the series of superfine fabric blends that was launched later.
- 1958: Raymond forayed into retail sector by opening the first exclusive retail showroom in King’s Corner - Ballard Estate in Mumbai.
- 1960: Earmarked total replacement of machinery with sophisticated machinery and since then modernization has become a way of life at Raymond. Raymond was the first in the country to import most modern machinery which was ever available in the world at that time.
- 1967: the company launched Trovine - a first of its kind cool and comfortable fabric ideal for Indian summers.
- 1968: Set up of a readymade garments plant in Thane.
- 1979: New manufacturing facility was set up at Jalgaon, to meet the increasing demand for worsted woollen fabrics.
- 1980: Dr Vijaypat Singhania, the son of Lala Kailashpat Singhania took over the reins as the Chairman of Raymond. An AMP Alumnus from Harvard and a high flier in spirit and deed, it was under his leadership that the group forayed into several new areas such as polyester filament yarn, indigo denim, cold rolled steel, prophylactics and charter air services
- 1984: A new plant was set up in 1984, that enabled Raymond’s to upgrade the quality of its traditional product line of woollen blankets and produce a superior variety of shawls and blankets. Raymond was the pioneer in the development of machine washable wool and wool blended suiting with a variety of finishes to offer total easy care and stain proof fabric.
- 1986: Launched Park Avenue provides stylish and innovative wardrobe solutions to well-dressed gentlemen. As India's premium lifestyle brand, its designs embody the latest in international fabric, styling, colour and fashion trends.
- 1990: The first showroom abroad for Raymond in Oman in 1990.
- 1991: The company launched KamaSutra India’s premium condom brand. Within a year of the launch KamaSutra became the second largest condom selling brand in India
- 1995: The company introduced a range of superfine pure wool collection under the lineage line (Super 100S to Super 140S).
- 1996: Also, the group forayed into the aviation sector in 1996 with the launch of Raymond Aviation. Raymond Aviation provides air charter services to corporate travellers in India.
- 1996: The company also forayed into manufacturing Denim; focusing on quality, innovation and the creation of exclusive products & designs that have always caught the eye of some of the world's leading jeanswear brands as well as making it amongst the top producers of specialty ring denim in India with a 60% market share.
- 1999: Parx a premium casual wear brand was launched to offer customers a range of semi- formal and casual clothes.
- 2000: Mr. Gautam Singhania was appointed Chairman and Managing Director of Raymond Limited in the year 2000.
- 2002: The year 2002 witnessed the acquisition of ColorPlus
- 2003: Silver Spark Apparel Limited was set up in 2003 for manufacturing suits and formal trousers catering largely to export markets.
- 2005: In 2005, Raymond achieved a rare feat and a historical milestone with the creation of the world's finest worsted-suiting fabrics from the finest wool ever produced in the world- The Super 230s made up of 11.8 micron of wool.
- 2006: A Greenfield unit was set up in Kolhapur in 2006 to produce high value cotton shirting.
- 2006: World’s largest integrated composite Textile mill was set up Vapi in 2006 to produce finest quality worsted fabric
- 2008: The year 2008 witnessed the launch of Readymade garments under the Raymond brand name now known as Raymond Ready to Wear.
- 2011: In 2011, Raymond is the first textile company in the world to produce the Super 250s fabric. and the first in India to produce innovative fabrics from bamboo fibre, stain resistant and UV resistant fabrics and many such innovations.
- 2014: In 2014, opened the first EBO for Raymond Ready to Wear
- 2016: Launched Technosmart- Smartest fabric in the World
- 2016: Setting up a new regional office in Dubai, Middle East
- 2016: Laid the foundation Stone for setting up a greenfield Textile manufacturing Plant in Amravati
- 2016: Construction begins for greenfield manufacturing/garmenting facility in Ethiopia
- 2017: Garmenting Plant commissioned at Hawassa in Ethiopia
- 2017: A new office established in New York, USA
- 2020: Raymond’s wholly owned subsidiary -- Silver Spark Apparel (SSAL) has entered into a ‘Share Transfer Agreement’ for divestment of its entire stake in Dress Master Apparel (DMAPL), wholly owned subsidiary of SSAL.
|Gautam Hari Singhania