About the Company
Rallis India Limited is a subsidiary of Tata Chemicals Limited and a part of Tata Group. With business presence in Agri-Sciences, we supply farmers with innovative products across the agricultural value chain and impart knowledge on the safe and optimal use of these products.
The company engaged in developing and manufacturing of products and solutions to improve farm yield, soil health and farmers’ income. Its Domestic Crop Care business comprises crop protection and crop nutrition which includes soil conditioners, plant growth nutrients and foliar and fertigation applications. In the International business, the company is into the manufacturing and marketing of technical grade pesticides, bulk and branded formulations and chemistry-led contract manufacturing.
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the business of providing crop care solutions and agri services to the farming community.
- Domestic Crop Protection
- International Business
- Contract Manufacturing
- Plant Growth Nutrients
- Agri Services
- Distribution Network
- 2003- Ankleshwar unit was awarded with AIA Certificate of Merit, in recognition for Contribution to Environmental Protection & Sustainable Development.
- 2004- Ankleshwar unit was awarded with TERI, Corporate Environmental Award.
- 2005- Won Tata Business Excellence Model (TBEM) Serious Adoption Award
- 2005-Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar awarded National Safety Award for Lote Unit
- 2005-Received National Safety Award for year for Akola Unit
- 2006- Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar awarded National Safety Award for Lote and Akola Units
- 2006-Gujarat Safety Council Safety Awards for Ankleshwar unit
- 2007- Won Tata Business Excellence Model (TBEM) Active Promotion Award
- 2007-The RBNQA Award for Excellence by IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality
- 2007-Received National Safety Award for year for Akola Unit
- 2007-Ankleshwar Unit received FGI Award for Excellence Energy Conservation from Dr. APJ Kalam
- 2007-Gujarat Safety Council Safety Awards for Ankleshwar unit
- 2007-Turbhe unit was awarded the National Energy Conservation Award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
- 2007-Lote unit was awarded with a Certificate of Merit by Gloden Peacock Environment Management Award
- 2008- Won CII-EXIM award for significant achievement
- 2008- Gujarat Safety Council Safety Awards for Ankleshwar unit
- 2008- Lote unit has bagged the Runner-up National Safety Award
- 2008- Turbhe unit was awarded the National Energy Conservation Award from Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
- 2008- Lote unit was awarded the Certificate of Merit from NSC, Maharashtra Chapter
- 2009- Silver Safety Award for Lote plant from National Safety Council
- 2009- Received two National Safety Awards for Akola unit for outstanding performance in Industrial Safety from Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India
- 2010- Turbhe unit has been awarded 1st prize for “Best Safety Practices” under Major Accident Hazardous (MAH) unit category
- 2010-Lote unit received National Safety Awards (RUNNERS UP) for outstanding performance in Industrial Safety
- 2010-Prashansa Patra Award from National Safety Council for Ankleshwar Unit
- 2010-Turbhe unit won recognition in the Maharashtra State Quality Circle Competition
- 2010-Lote unit received NSCI safety award 2008 for implementing effective management systems and procedures for the assessment period of 2005 - 07
- 2010-Lote unit was awarded the Certificate of Merit from NSC, Maharashtra Chapter
- 2010-Gujarat Safety Council Safety Awards for Ankleshwar unit
- 2011- JRDQV Award for Business Excellence
- 2011- Bayer Group awarded Rallis for its Outstanding Performance as per Bayer Evaluation Tool
- 2011- National Safety Award for Lote plant from Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India
- 2011- Akola unit received National Safety Awards (Maharashtra Safety Chapter) for outstanding performance in Industrial Safety from Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour & Employment
- 2011- Tata Innovista Award under Business Model category
- 2011- Lote unit was awarded the Certificate of Merit from NSC, Maharashtra Chapter
- 2012- CII-EXIM Bank awarded Business Excellence Prize for Business Excellence
- 2012-Rallis was awarded with Responsible Care Logo by Indian Chemical Council
- 2012-Certification of Appreciation by Monsanto Supply Chain Team
- 2012-Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar awarded National Safety Award for Akola Unit
- 2012-Won QualTech Prize 2012 in QIMPRO Convention
- 2012-Lote unit was awarded the Certificate of Merit from NSC, Maharashtra Chapter
- 2013- Tata Quality Management Services awarded Dahej unit under Promising Innovations Category for New Product Innovation
- 2013-Received National Energy Conservation Award from Mr. Pranab Mukerjee (President of India) for winning under Chemical sector
- 2013-Winner of Golden Peacock Award for Eco-Innovation in Chemical Sector
- 2013-Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) awarded Product Innovator of the Year in Agro Sector
- 2014- ICC awarded Certificate of Merit for Best Compliant Company for the Process Safety Code under Responsible Care
- 2014- Lote unit received Maharashtra Safety Award from NSC, Maharashtra Chapter for Meritorious Performance in Industrial Safety during the year 2013 on 20th Sep'14
- 2014-Significant Achievement in HR Excellence awarded by CII
- 2015- India's Most Trusted Brand Award, 2015 in Best Company category
- 2015-CII EXIM prize for Business Excellence
- 2015-Origin product has received Product Innovator of the Year in Agrochemicals Sector awarded by FICCI Chemicals & Petrochemicals Awards 2015
- 2016- NSCI - Suraksha Puraskar (Bronze Safety Award) to Lote Factory for Implementing Occupational Safety and Health Management System and procedures very effectively and Achieving outstanding OSH Performance.
- 2016-NSC-Maharashtra Chapter Safety Award ‘Certificate of Merit’ for Zero Accident Frequency Rate for continuous three year period received by Lote factory.
- 2016- State level safety award for maximum number of Accident Free days, by Gujarat Safety Council, received by Ankleshwar factory.
- 2016- NSCI Safety Awards– 2016 Suraksha Purskar received by Ankleshwar factory.
- 2016- Indian Chemical council (ICC) presented Responsible Care (RC) logo to Rallis with 3 years' validity
- 2017- NSCI Safety Award-Certificate of Appreciation for appreciable achievement in Occupational Safety and Health received by Lote factory.
- 2017-NSC-Maharashtra award for Zero Accident Frequency Rate for continuous three year period received by Lote factory.
- 2017-Certification of Appreciation for excellence in Occupational Safety and Health received by Akola factory.
- 2017-National Safety Council, Maharashtra Chapter gave Certificate of Merit for Meritorious Performance in Industrial safety to Akola factory.
- 2017-NSCI Safety awards 2017- Certification of appreciation received by Ankleshwar factory.
- 2017-Rallis features in Inclusive Business List by Institute of Competitiveness. Recognition received by MD and CEO Mr. V Shankar. The Inclusive Business list identifies, assesses, and recognizes enterprises that are redefining the role of business in society.
- 2018- FICCI award for distinguished contribution to Indian Agrochemical Industry in recognition of MD Mr. V Shankar's outstanding leadership efforts.
- 2018- “Air pollution Abatment” gave 5 Star rating to Rallis, Lote factory.
- 2018-Green building IGBC Platinum certification to Ankleshwar factory
- 2018-NSCI Safety awards 2018- Certification of appreciation to Ankleshwar factory.
- 2018-National Safety Council, Maharashtra Chapter gave Certificate of Merit for Meritorious Performance in Industrial safety to Akola factory.
- 2018-Rallis won first prize for Rallis Samrudh Krishi in “service category innovation” organized by IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trust
- 2018-Rallis won first prize for business model innovation for Rallis Samrudh Krishi organized by CII-INSTITUTE OF QUALITY.
- 2018-FICCI awarded Rallis as Product Innovator of the year in Chemical Sector for product NEONIX.
- 2018-PMFAI- SML Annual AGCHEM award to Rallis for Outstanding innovation in crop solution (RSK)
- 1815-1851: The history of Ralli Brothers is checkered with Greek entrepreneurship and foresight, qualities, which led them to rule across the trade routes of Europe in the nineteenth century.
- 1854-1931: Rallis' sojourn in India was extremely successful until the great economic crash of 1929 led them to close down their Indian operations.
- 1948-1963: Rallis India was re-born in a partitioned and independent India. The Company diversified, and its fertilizer and pesticides businesses began to take shape.
- 1964-1978: An Era of Aquisition. Rallis passed though turbulent times, molting and evolving.
- 1981-2000: Rallis' future is now firmly enmeshed in the future of Indian agriculture.
- 2000-2018: The beginning of the 21st century started on a low note for Rallis. A successful enterprise during its long history.
- 2018-19: Merger of subsidiaries, Metahelix Life Sciences and Zero Waste Agro, with Rallis subject to necessary statutory approvals
- 2019-20: Launched innovative products to fill portfolio gaps and enhance presence across segments.
|Parent Organisation||Rallis India Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjiv Lal|