Hospital & Healthcare Services
|Market Cap||9,584 Cr||EPS||20.3||High||952.6|
|Stock P/E||46.5||Net Profit Margin||17.0||Low||917|
|Market Cap||9,584 Cr||ROE||25.7%|
|P/B Ratio||8.8||Dividend Yield||0.3%|
|Industry P/E||78.6||Book Value||107.2|
About the Company
The company was originally incorporated as ‘Rainbow Children’s Medicare Private Limited’ under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, as a private limited company, at Hyderabad, Telangana, pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated August 7, 1998, issued by the Registrar of Companies, Hyderabad at Telangana (RoC). Subsequently, the company was converted into a public limited company, and the name of the company was changed to ‘Rainbow Children’s Medicare Limited’ pursuant to a special resolution passed by the Shareholders of the company on November 3, 2021 and a fresh certificate of incorporation was consequently issued by the RoC on November 20, 2021 under the Companies Act, 2013.
Rainbow Children’s Medicare is a leading multi-specialty pediatric and obstetrics and gynecology hospital chain in India. The company’s core specialties are pediatrics, which includes newborn and pediatric intensive care, pediatric multi-specialty services, pediatric quaternary care (including multi organ transplants); and obstetrics and gynecology, which includes normal and complex obstetric care, multi-disciplinary fetal care, perinatal genetic and fertility care. The company established its first pediatric specialty hospital in 1999 in Hyderabad, Telangana. Since then, under the leadership of Dr. Ramesh Kancharla, its founding Promoter, it has established its reputation as a leader in multi-specialty pediatric services, with strong clinical expertise in managing complex diseases. It has also expanded its operations to include obstetrics and gynecology services, whereby it offers comprehensive perinatal services to patients.
The company follows a doctor engagement model whereby most of its core specialists work exclusively at its hospitals on a full-time retainer basis. This model ensures that most of its core specialists are available 24/7 on a roster basis at its hospitals, which is particularly important for children’s emergency, neonatal and pediatric intensive care services. The company’s fulltime doctor model along with a strong middle grade doctor pool ensures seamless healthcare delivery across its hospitals, which has resulted in a high degree of patient satisfaction. A number of its doctors in neonatal, pediatric intensive care, pediatric sub specialties, obstetrics and gynecology are trained or possess qualifications from the United Kingdom, United States, Canada and Australia, which provides it with a competitive advantage.
Business area of the company
Rainbow Children's Medicare operates a multi-speciality pediatric, obstetrics and gynaecology hospital chain in India. The company offers a wide range of services such as newborn and pediatric intensive care, pediatric multi-speciality services, pediatric quaternary care, obstetrics and gynaecology, which includes normal and complex obstetric care, and multidisciplinary fetal care, perinatal genetic and fertility care.
Key awards, accreditations or recognitions:
- 2010: Rainbow Children’s Hospital, Hyderabad received CNBC ICICI Lombard Award for specialty hospital pediatrics.
- 2014: Rainbow Hospitals, Hyderabad received the CNBC ICICI Lombard Award for the best single specialty hospital pediatrics.
- 2015: The Company was awarded a certificate of recognition for the project “Rainbow digital” at the 4th Annual Healthcare Leaders’ Awards.
- 2015: The Company was awarded the Best Hospital in Paediatric & Gynaecology Care at the Asia Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- 2016: The Company was awarded a certificate of merit for “The best mobile App” at World Marketing Congress.
- 2017: “Rainbow Children’s Hospital” was awarded the best hospital of the year in pediatrics at Times Health Achievers Telugu States.
- 2017: The Company was awarded the “Best Single Specialty Hospital” at World Health & Wellness Congress & Awards.
- 2018: BirthRight by Rainbow Hospitals was awarded India’s No.1 Obstetrics Hospital by the Times of India.
- 2019: Rainbow Children’s Hospital was awarded best hospital of the year 2019 in Pediatrics at Times Healthcare Achievers Telugu States.
- 2019: BirthRight by Rainbow Hospitals was awarded the best hospital of the year 2019 in obstetrics and gynecology award at Times Healthcare Achievers Telugu States.
- 2020: The company was certified as a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute, India.
- 2020: The Company was awarded the Healthcare Leadership Award at Karnataka Healthcare Leadership Awards, 2020.
- 2021 Rainbow Children’s Hospital was awarded as the best standalone pediatrics hospital in India by The Week.
- 2022: The Company has been certified as a great place to work after an assessment conducted by Great Place to Work Institute, India.
- 2022: BirthRight Fertility by Rainbow Hospitals was granted the status of ‘accredited’ by Joint Commission International.
Major events and milestones
- 1999: Established company’s first hospital at Banjara Hills.
- 2005: Expansion of Banjara Hills Facility to tertiary care.
- 2007: Established Hospital at Vijayawada.
- 2009: Established Hospital at Vikrampuri.
- 2010: Opening of outpatient clinic at Madhapur.
- 2010: Established IVF facility at Madhapur.
- 2013: Established hospital at Kondapur.
- 2013: British International Investment plc (formerly known as CDC Group plc) subscribed to 1,146,771 equity shares and 1,146,771 Series A CCPS of the Company.
- 2013: Rainbow Institute of Medical Sciences Private Limited changed in place of business to 332, 4B, C1, Currency Nagar, Vijayawada-8.
- 2015: Established hospital at Hydernagar.
- 2015: Established hospital at Marathalli.
- 2016: CDC India subscribed to 1,133,309 Series B CCPS of Company.
- 2016: Established Hospital at Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.
- 2016: Established hospital at LB Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 2017: Madhukar Rainbow Hospital at New Delhi commenced operations.
- 2018: Established Hospital at Guindy, Chennai.
- 2019: One of the company’s subsidiaries, Rosewalk Healthcare Private Limited received certificate of establishment.
- 2019: Started outpatient and IVF facility at Kondapur.
- 2019: Commencement of Rainbow Children’s Heart Institute (a unit of Rainbow Speciality Hospitals Pvt Ltd).
- 2020: Established hospital at Byatarayanapura village, Yelahanka, Hubli, Bengaluru.
- 2020: Established hospital at Vizag.
- 2021: Relocated and expanded its hospital at Vikrampuri.
|Parent Organization||Rainbow Children's Medicare Ltd.||Managing Director||Ramesh Kancharla|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|