IT - Software
|Market Cap||867 Cr||EPS||7.6||High||166.8|
|Stock P/E||21.5||Net Profit Margin||-13.9||Low||162.05|
Quick Heal Tech Price chart
|Market Cap||867 Cr||ROE||12.2%|
|P/B Ratio||1.9||Dividend Yield||2.8%|
|Industry P/E||32.2||Book Value||87.7|
About the Company
Quick Heal Technologies was incorporated as CAT Computer Services Private Limited on August 7, 1995, at Pune, Maharashtra as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. The name of the company was changed from CAT Computer Services Private Limited to Quick Heal Technologies Private Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon change of name was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Pune, Maharashtra to the company on August 7, 2007. Thereafter, the company was converted into a public limited company pursuant to approval of the shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting held on August 28, 2015 and consequently, the name of the company was changed to Quick Heal Technologies Limited and a fresh certificate of incorporation consequent upon conversion to public limited company was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Pune, Maharashtra on September 8, 2015.
The company is one of the leading providers of security software products and solutions in India. Its end customers include home users, small offices and home offices (SOHO), SMBs, enterprises, educational institutions, as well as government agencies and departments. The company’s proprietary antivirus technology, which is based on an innovative behaviour and threat detection system, works to detect security threats including virus and malware attacks in real time to protect its users’ IT assets across platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Linux, and across devices, including desktops, laptops, mobile/ smartphones and tablets, while aiming to ensure resource availability, business continuity and an uninterrupted digital experience. The company’s portfolio includes solutions under the widely recognized brand names ‘Quick Heal’ and ‘Seqrite’ for dexktop and laptop security, mobile/ smartphone security, endpoint security, gateway security, network security, cloud-based mobile device management (MDM) systems, data loss prevention (DLP) systems and family safety software.
The company’s security software solutions are structured to be user friendly and can be accessed, installed and used with minimal effort and limited technical knowledge. It provides support services to its end users in English, Hindi and several other major regional Indian languages. Its home users are usually required to purchase an annual or multi-year license. It’s SMB, enterprise users, educational institutions and government customers may purchase single or multiple user licenses which may be renewed annually or every three years. The company also invests in advertising and sales promotion activities across various media channels that further increase its brand recognition among its existing and potential users.
The company sells its solutions directly and through distributors, whom it refers to as channel partners, who in turn distribute its solutions through resellers. The company has established strong, sustainable and long-term relationships with its channel partners. The company’s home users and other users including SMBs may purchase its solutions in stores, online and through its retail channel partners. End users such as enterprises, educational institutions and government customers may purchase its solutions directly from it, through its enterprise channel partners as well as through system integrators who package its solutions as part of their overall product offering. The company’s internal sales team and channel partners collaborate to identify new sales prospects, sell solutions, and provide after-sale support.
Business area of the company
The company's proprietary antivirus technology works to detect security threats including virus and malware attacks in real time to protect users IT assets across platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Linux, and across devices, including desktops, laptops, mobile/ smartphones and tablets.
Major events and milestones
- 1995: Incorporation of the company.
- 2007: The company was renamed as Quick Heal Technologies Private Limited from CAT Computer Services Private Limited.
- 2008: The company became certified partner of Microsoft.
- 2010: Sequoia invested in the company.
- 2011: Incorporated QH Kenya.
- 2011: Cat Labs Private Limited amalgamated with the company.
- 2012: Launched mobile security for BlackBerry.
- 2012: Incorporated QH America.
- 2012: Incorporated QH Japan.
- 2013: Launched Endpoint Security 5.0 for corporate platform.
- 2013: Incorporated QH Dubai.
- 2014: Launched cloud based mobile device management.
- 2014: Launched free mobile security for Android.
- 2015: Launched products in North America to cater to SMEs.
Awards, achievements and certifications
- 2015: IMC Information Technology Award for Excellence in Information Technology Products for small and medium enterprise category, awarded by Indian Merchants Chamber.
- 2012: Maharashtra Corporate Excellence Awards, by Maxell Foundation.
- 2010: Tech Life - The Lifestyle and Gadgets Awards, awarded by NDTV.
- 2010: SME Awardsfor Best SME Innovation awarded by Business Today.
- 2008, 2009 and 2010: CRN Channel Champions, awarded by United Business Media.
- 2009: Maharashtra IT Awards, awarded by Government of Maharashtra.
- 2012 - 2014: Quality Brands, awarded by Quality Brand Times.
- 2010: Deloitte Technology Fast500 Asia Pacific awarded by Deloitte.
- 2010: Deloitte Technology Fast50 India awarded by Deloitte.
- 2015: Mumbai Hot 50 Brands in the B2C category, awarded by OneIndia.
- 2009: Emerging India Awards, awarded by ICICI Bank and CNBC TV 18.
|Parent Organisation||Quick Heal Technologies Ltd.||Managing Director||Kailash Katkar|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|