About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Prince Pipes and Fittings Private Limited’ on November 13, 1987 at Mumbai, Maharashtra as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956. Thereafter, pursuant to Section 43A (1A) of the Companies Act, 1956, the company became a deemed public limited company with effect from July 1, 1998. Further, pursuant to Section 43A (2A) of the Companies Act, 1956, the company converted back into a private company on May 18, 2001. Subsequently, upon conversion into a public limited company pursuant to a special resolution of company’s Shareholders dated August 7, 2017, the name of the company was changed to ‘Prince Pipes and Fittings Limited’, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Goa, Daman and Diu (RoC) on August 11, 2017.
Business area of the company:
The company is recognized as one of the leading polymer pipes and fittings manufacturers in India in terms of number of distributors. It markets its products under two brand names: Prince Piping Systems; and Trubore. Due to company’s comprehensive product range, it is positioned as an end-to-end polymer piping systems solution provider. It currently manufacture polymer pipes using four different polymers: UPVC; CPVC; PPR; and HDPE, and fittings using three different polymers: UPVC; CPVC; and PPR. Its products are used for varied applications in plumbing, irrigation, and soil, waste and rain water (SWR) management. Its product range meets the requirements of both the rural and urban markets.
Major Events & Milestones:
- 1987: Incorporated as a private limited company.
- 1995: Set up a large scale plastic injection moulding and extrusion unit in Athal, Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- 2000: New plant set up at Dadra for pipe manufacturing.
- 2008: New plant set up at Haridwar for manufacturing pipes and pipe fittings.
- 2012: Acquisition of plants in Chennai and Kolhapur of Trubore Piping System, a division of Chemplast Sanmar.
- 2013: Merger of Kenson Manufacture Private into Company.
- 2017: Conversion from a private limited company to a public limited company.
- 2019: Investment by South Asia Growth Fund II Holdings LLC and South Asia EBT Trust.
Awards & accreditations:
- 2010: Award for outstanding quality contribution in the pipe sector at the Infrastructure & Construction Industry Awards-EPC World Awards, 2010.
- 2015: Silver certificate of merit at the Frost & Sullivan Indian Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2015.
- 2015: Award from the Brihanmumbai Licensed Plumbers Association in recognition of company’s outstanding contribution to the plumbing industry.
- 2016: Digital Transformation Awards 2016 – Transformation with Cloud Networking by Citrix.
- 2016: Award in recognition of company’s contribution to the 17th Mega Property Exhibition of CREDAI-Builders’ Association of Navi Mumbai.
- 2016: Certificate of appreciation for active association at the Gujarat Premier 10th Mega Industrial Exhibition VCCI Global Trade Show 2016.
- 2017: The Economic Times Polymers Awards 2017 – for Excellence in Building and Construction (Plumbing) Large Enterprises.
|Parent Organisation||Prince Pipes and Fittings Ltd.||Managing Director||Jayant Shamji Chheda|