About the Company
Headquartered in Bengaluru, ABB Power Products and Systems India Limited became a standalone legal entity in 2019, after demerging from ABB India Ltd. The company established a world-class digital experience center demonstrating the next level of enterprise performance for enhanced grid stability, improved asset performance and efficient operational management, and also began work on its High-Voltage Products Innovation Center as part of its investment in strategic research and development.
The company also laid the foundation for projects in the e-mobility space in the country with its TOSA electric-bus flash-charging technology. It partnered with Ashok Leyland in 2020 to facilitate a zero-emissions mass public transportation bus system.
The company provides one of the most comprehensive grid portfolio across the entire power value chain. The company been making in India for over many decades, commissioned landmark projects and invested itself in shaping future talent in the country.
Business area of the company
The company supplies products and components, systems, software and automation, and services through its four businesses and partner with customers through the entire product and project lifecycle - from building and planning to operating and maintaining.
Products and components
- Grid automation products
- Live tank breakers
- HV instrument transformers
- Capacitor & filters
- Hybrid switchgear-PASS
- Power transformers
- Traction transformers
- Insulation & components
- Dry transformers
- Grid-edge solutions
- Grid & power quality systems
- HVDC-grid interconnectors; city infeeds
- FACTS & power quality
- E-bus charging systems (TOSA)
- Substations & services - digital substations; hybrid and mobile solutions
- High-voltage products
- Grid automation
Software and automation
- Communication networks
- Enterprise software
- Grid automation systems
History and milestones
- 1949: Hindustan Electric Company is incorporated and later acquired by Brown Boveri Cie (BBC). ASEA and BBC merge to form ABB in 1988.
- 1965: First manufacturing facility in India is set up in Maneja, Vadodara-the circuit breaker factory.
- 1989: Commissioned the first back-to-back HVDC transmission link for NPTCL at Vindhyachal, connecting the northern and western grids.
- 2013: Inaugurated the dry-type transformers and PASS-GIS factories in Savli, Vadodara, under the Make-in-India Initiative.
- 2015: Installed end-to-end power solutions for Delhi Metro and SCADA to monitor and control the power network.
- 2016: Energized the world's highest rated 1,200kV transformer and circuit breaker
- 2017: Commissioned the world's first multiterminal UHVDC link-the 6,000MW, 800kV DC link connecting North-East to Agra.
- 2017: First digital substation for reliable, round-theclock power to serve the 350 companies for India's largest Information Technology park.
- 2018: Partnering Indian Railways' electrification ambitions with extensive traction equipment orders.
- 2019: Booked our first order for cybersecurity from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Roorkee.
- 2019: Launch of a world-class digital experience center - PowerDEC - Bengaluru.
- 2019: Inauguration of High-Voltage Products Innovation Center at Vadodara.
- 2020: MOU signing for the TOSA electric-bus flash-charging technology with Ashok Leyland.
|Parent Organization||Hitachi Energy India Ltd.||Managing Director||Venu Nuguri|