About the Company
Polyplex Corporation was incorporated in 1984 and commenced commercial operations with its first film line of 4000 TPA in May 1988, which was subsequently increased to 6000 TPA. With its operations stabilizing, by the mid 90s, Polyplex was able to emerge as one of the most profitable producers of Polyester Film in India.
Polyplex is one of India’s leading manufacturers and exporters of Biaxially Oriented Polyester (BOPET) Film for packaging, electrical and other industrial applications.
With its headquarters in NOIDA, New Delhi the Company has three PET Film manufacturing facilities – one located in Khatima in the state of UttaranchAal, India, another at Rayong province in Thailand (owned and operated by Polyplex (Thailand) Public Company Ltd. (PTL), its subsidiary) and the latest facility at Çorlu, Tekirdag in Turkey (owned and operated by Polyplex Europa Polyester Film San. ve Tic. A.S. (PE), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PTL).
Polyplex has established itself as one of the most profitable producers of PET Film by way of cost efficient operations resulting from high productivity and low overheads. Its products have gained wide acceptance in the Global markets, such as USA, Europe, South-East Asia, South America, North America and Australia, where the Company has been consistently exporting about 75% of its production.
The company has a dynamic workforce of about 400 employees in India, more than 250 employees in Thailand and more than 150 employees in Turkey. With its expansion in Turkey, Polyplex has a capacity of 83,000 TPA. The capacity enhancement in Turkey has made Polyplex the 5th largest Thin Film Producer in the world.
Following from the company’s objective of being a PET Film manufacturer of global significance, Polyplex expanded its film capacity further by investing in a new film line of 15000 MT in Thailand. The new line was commissioned on April 2, 2003 within the budgeted costs and ahead of time. Following this, PTL has set up its next PET film line with a capacity of 15000 MT in a record time of nine months. The line commenced commercial production in November 2003.
The company also commissioned a Metallizer in India in December 2002. This has enabled the company to broaden its product portfolio and improve value additions.These investments have strengthened the company’s competitive position in the PET Film business ensuring continued cost leadership. This together with the current demand-supply situation, would enable Polyplex to provide an attractive value proposition to its customers and investors.
Production in both the India and the Thailand units has been more than rated capacity. Consequently in 2003-04 capacities were restated at 20,000 MT for India and 39,000 MT for Thailand.
During 2004-05, the company took steps to implement a Polyester film plant in Turkey and has formed a company in Turkey, Polyplex Europa Polyester Film San. Ve Tic. A.S., for this purpose. This unit successfully started commercial production in December 2005.
During 2005-06, the company planned to set up a Silicone Coater Plant with an investment of around Rs. 22 Crore. Currently Trial runs are being undertaken. Polyplex Corporation is a Public Company listed on National Stock Exchange and Mumbai Stock Exchange.
Products manufactured by the company:
The company is engaged in the production of Biaxially Oriented Polyester (BOPET) Film, that is used successfully in a wide range of applications, due to its excellent combination of optical, physical, mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties, as well as its unique versatility.
- Plain Film (Untreated)
- Plain Film (Treated)
- Plain Film (Untreated and Hazy)
- Polyplex in Thailand (PTL) Polyplex (Thailand) Public Company Ltd., is a subsidiary of Polyplex Corporation Ltd. The company commenced commercial production on April 2, 2003 from its first Polyester Film line located in Rayong province. With the start of production at its second PET film line on November 13, 2003, the compnay has a total capacity of 39000 MT. In September 2004, it also successfully started operations of our batch polycondensation PET chips plant. After the startup of the continuous process PET chips plant, the company has become self-sufficient in its raw material requirement and improved its value addition. The total investment in these projects is about USD 60 million.
- Polyplex in Turkey (PE) A wholly-owned subsidiary of PTL, Polyplex Europa Polyester Film Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. has been formed in 2004-05 for setting up a Thin Film line with a capacity of 24000 MT in the Free Zone in Çorlu, Tekridaag in Turkey. The Film line successfully started commercial production in December 2005. Metallizer has also successfully started production in March, 2006. PE is now in the process of implementing a Chips plant at the existing location. The total investment in these projects is about $ 55 million.
- Polyplex in USA Polyplex (Americas) Inc. is a subsidiary of PTL. This company is a distributor of Polyplex Corporation Limited for North American Region.
Achievements/ recognition :ISO 9002 and 14001 accreditation.
- 1984 Polyplex Corporation Limited is incorporated.
- 1987 Became a listed company in India.
- 1988 Commences commercial operations with its first Film line of 4000 TPA.
- 1996 Polyplex undertakes expansion in Film capacity by adding a new Film line of 9000 TPA.
- 1997 Commences integrated backward manufacturing of Polyester Chips meant for captive consumption.
- 2002 Polyplex commissions a Metalliser in India with a capacity of 4800 TPA.
- 2003 Polyplex (Thailand) Public Company Limited (PTL) commences operations in Thailand with a 39,000 MT PET film plant.
- 2004 PTL’s Batch Polycondensation PET chips plant commences in September.
- 2004 PTL successfully floated an IPO and is listed on Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- 2005 PTL’s Continuous Process PET chips plant commences in February.
- 2005 PTL commissions a Metallizer in Thailand with a capacity of 4800 TPA in June.
- 2005 PE commences operations in Turkey with a 24,000 MT PET film plant in December.
- 2006 PE commissions a Metallizer in Turkey with a capacity of 5000 TPA in March.
- 2006 PTL invested USD 1 Mn in Polyplex America to Acquire 90% stake in the company.
|Parent Organisation||Polyplex Corporation Ltd.||Managing Director|