About the Company
PidiliteIndustriesLimited is a consumer centric company committed to quality and innovation. For decades, the company has been pioneering products for small to large applications, at home and industry, which have forged strong bonds with people from all walks of life. Since its inception in 1959, Pidilite Industries Limited has been a pioneer in consumer and specialities chemicals in India.
From adhesives, sealants, waterproofing solutions and construction chemicals to arts & crafts, industrial resins, polymers and more, its product portfolio is as diverse as it is ever-evolving. Today, its brands are trusted household and industrial names, and it is the market leader in adhesives. A robust and growing network makes its products accessible across demographics and geographies.
Business area of the company
Pidilite Industries is a well-known name in the adhesives market.
Brands of the company
- Fevicol MR
- Dr. Fixit
- Hobby Ideas
- Textile and Paper Chemicals
- Industrial Resins
- Leather Chemicals
- Industrial Adhesives
- Footwear Adhesives
- Organic Pigment Powders and Pigment Preparation
- Industrial Bonding Solutions
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Solutions
- India Business Leader Awards (IBLA) - Fevicol 60-year commemorative campaign was conferred with the ‘Brand Campaign of the Year’ award at the CNBC-TV18 India Business Leader Awards (IBLA) 2020. It also won the Marketing Campaign of the Year at the ABP Awards and Corporate Image Gold at the Primetime Awards.
- EFFIES-Fevikwik ‘Phenko Nahi Jodo’ campaign was recognized across platforms, bagging 2 Silver and 1 Bronze medal in EFFIES 2020. It also won the Marketing Campaign of the Year in ABP 2019 and Primetime Gold Award in the Best Television Advertisement category.
- DOD (Drivers of Digital) Awards Sammie's (Social Samosa) Awards-Fevicryl and its digital agency partner, Schbang won two awards for the Best Digita Campaign for Kalastar, a 360 degree take to help enthusiasts understand fabric colours better. The response was overwhelming, with 16,278 entries into the contest.
1959: The Birth of Fevicol
- Everything great starts small and Pidilite is no exception. The company started with a single factory that manufactured only one product, Fevicol. This white synthetic resin adhesive was primarily launched to make the lives of carpenters and woodworkers easy. Up until then, animal fat, which was clumsy and cumbersome, was the only glue available.
1963: Commissioning of manufacturing plant
- Barely four years after starting the company, the first modern manufacturing plant was established in Kondivita Village, Mumbai. Today, this building houses the Corporate Head Office.
1990: Establishing Brand Pidilite
- The name, Pidilite Industries Private Limited, was incorporated, thus taking the first step towards brand recognition.
1993: Pidilite goes public
- Pidilite was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
1997: Fevicol makes it to the Top 15
- Fevicol continues to win hearts, and market share, and is ranked amongst the Top 15 Indian brands by FE Brandwagon Year Book 1997.
2000: M-Seal is acquired. A new division is set up.
- M-seal, a leading brand of epoxy compounds was acquired. This laid the foundation for a new division, the company’s Maintenance Division.
2001: Dr. Fixit - The Waterproofing Expert
- Pidilite launched Dr. Fixit, an extensive range of Construction Chemicals, thus diversifying its product range. Dr. Fixit was specially developed as a waterproofing solution to be used in new constructions, or in the repair of old ones.
2002: Truly A Winner - Fevicol Wins At Cannes.
- The famous Fevicol 'Bus ad' not only won the hearts of the Indian people but also the world, going ahead to win the Silver Lion award at Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2002.
2004: Hits the Rs1000 crore turnover mark
- Just over 4 decades after its launch, Pidilite declared a turnover of Rs.1000 crores. The company had grown 1000 times in just 45 years.
2006: Expanding the global footprint
- Pidilite USA Inc., acquired businesses and assets of Sargent Art Inc., makers of art materials which had been selling world-class art materials in USA for over 50 years.
- Pidilite acquired Tristar Colman, now known as Colstar, a market leader in brushes, canvases and colours.
- Pidilite established its Singapore R&D centre to attract international talent and expand its product innovation strategies.
2016: Another year, another award
- Pidilite Industries received the 'Most Promising Company of the Year Award' at the CNBC-TV18, 11th Indian Business Leader Awards (IBLA). The award is a tribute and testimony to the diligence of Pidilitians all over.
2020: Pidilite Industries incorporates Joint Venture Company
- Pidilite Industries has incorporated a Joint Venture Company in the name of ‘Pidilite Grupo Puma Manufacturing’ (PGPML) on January 13, 2020 to carry on the business of manufacturing, processing and distribution of technical mortars and other materials used in construction etc.
- Nina Percept (NPPL), subsidiary of Pidilite Industries along with Pidilite Speciality Chemicals (PSCB), step-down subsidiary of the company, has incorporated a company in Bangladesh namely ‘Nina Percept (Bangladesh)’.
|Parent Organization||Pidilite Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Bharat Puri|