About the Company
Pennar Industries, commenced manufacture of cold rolled Steel Strips in 1988 at Isnapur (45 km from Hyderabad) with an installed capacity of 30,000 MTPA. The company achieved profits right from the first year of its operation followed by declaration of dividend from the second year. The company increased its manufacturing capacity to 50,000 MTPA in the year 1997.
Propelled by liberalization and globalization of the Indian economy, Pennar acquired Nagarjuna Steel Ltd., Patancheru (32 KM from Hyderabad) and Press Metal, a unit of Tube Investment(TI), at Tarapur near Mumbai.
Pennar’s fourth manufacturing facility is located at Chennai and manufactures profiles and components for the auto sector. The facility also services a steel service center.
Pennar is now a multi-location, multi-product company manufacturing cold rolled steel strips & tubes, cold rolled formed sections, electrostatic precipitators, pre-engineered building systems, sheet metal components, and road safety systems.
Products manufactured by the company include:
- Cold Rolled Formed Profiles -Products are used in Commercial & Passenger Vehicles, Railway Coaches & Wagons, Industrial Buildings, Pollution Control Equipments and Door & Window Frames for Housing.
- Pre-Engineered Building Systems-The system consists of elegant lattice-type portals made of cold formed profiles or portals of plate girder construction. Roofing and -cladding are made of galvanized/galvalume colour-coated steel sheet profiles as per customer’s specifications.
- Engineered Components Division(Ecd)-Engineered Components Division Supplies various pressed steel components for the following sectors: -Refrigeration / White Goods (Compressor Shells) -Automobiles (Seating Systems, Rotor Cups)
- Electro Static Precipitators (Esp)-The components include Collecting Electrodes & Discharge Electrodes.
- Metal Crash Barrier-Pennar Industries Limited is the pioneer in the field of Road safety systems(Metal crash barriers) in India which were initially manufactured under licence from Voest Alpine Industrial Services (VAIS) Austria.
- Cold Rolled Steel Strips(Crss)-The Cold Rolled Steel Strips Division, with facilities at Patancheru & Isnapur, has a combined annual capacity of 120,000 Metric Tons. Pennar manufactures steel strips up to 720 mm width and thickness range of 0.25 - 4.5 mm both in coil and sheet form.
- ERW TUBES
Major customers of the company include: TVS Motors, Electrolux, Honda Siel, Tata Motors, Eicher Motors, Alstom Power, LLOYDS, N.R Steels, L&T -ECC Division and many more.
|Parent Organization||Pennar Industries Ltd.||Managing Director||Aditya Rao|