|Market Cap||4,666 Cr||EPS||3.7||High||57.65|
|Stock P/E||15.4||Net Profit Margin||0.3||Low||56.5|
|Market Cap||4,666 Cr||ROE||19.6%|
|P/B Ratio||1.3||Dividend Yield||0.9%|
|Industry P/E||16.9||Book Value||43.0|
About the Company
The company was initially incorporated as “Paradeep Phosphates Limited” a private limited company, in Odisha, under the Companies Act, 1956, pursuant to a certificate of incorporation dated December 24, 1981, granted by the Registrar of Companies, Odisha at Cuttack. The Company was granted an exemption under Section 620 of the Companies Act, 1956 from using the term ‘private’ as part of its name. The Company was thereafter converted to a public company pursuant to a special resolution passed by our Shareholders on April 29, 2002.
Paradeep Phosphates (PPL) is India's third-largest producer of non-urea fertilizer and the second-largest producer of Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP). It is primarily engaged in manufacturing, trading, distribution and sales of a variety of complex fertilizers such as DAP, three grades of Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium (NPK) (namely NPK-10, NPK-12 and NP-20), Zypmite, Phospho-gypsum and Hydroflorosilicic Acid (HFSA). It is also engaged in the trading, distribution and sales of Muriate of Potash (MOP), Ammonia, Speciality Plant Nutrients (SPN) and City compost. Its fertilizers are marketed under some of the key brand names in the market ‘Jai Kisaan – Navratna’ and ‘Navratna’.
The company’s manufacturing facility is located in Paradeep, Odisha and includes a DAP and NPK production facility, a Sulphuric acid production plant and a Phosphoric acid production plant. It utilize Sulphuric and Phosphoric acids for manufacturing DAP and NPK. Its integrated business model has been critical to its success and a differentiating factor from its competitors. The company has established an extensive sales and distribution network, with a strong presence in the eastern part of India. The company’s primary raw materials include Phosphate Rock, Phosphoric acid, Sulphur, Ammonia and MOP. It source its raw materials locally as well as from various other countries such as Morocco, Jordan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. For several of its raw materials, such as Phosphate Rock, Ammonia and Sulphur, it benefit from long-term supply agreements.
Business area of the company
The company is primarily engaged in manufacturing, distribution, trading and sales of a variety of complex fertilizers such as DAP, several grades of NPK, Zypmite and its by-product, Phospho-gypsum and HFSA. It is also engaged in distribution, trading and sales of MOP, Ammonia, City compost and P2O5-HSS.
Awards and Accreditations
- Awarded the FAI Award, 2018 for the best production performance of an operating fertiliser unit for complex fertilisers by the Fertiliser Association of India.
- Awarded the Kalinga Safety Award (Gold) for the performance year 2017 at the Odisha State Safety Conclave, 2018.
- Awarded the Prime Minister’s Shram Vir Award for the year 2016 by Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Awarded the 17th Annual Greentech Safety Award, 2018 by Greentech Foundation.
- Awarded the 18th Annual Greentech Safety Award, 2019 by Greentech Foundation.
- Awarded the Kalinga Safety Excellence Award (Silver) for the performance year 2018 at the Odisha State Safety Conclave, 2019.
- Awarded the FAI Environmental Protection Award, 2019 by the Fertiliser Association of India.
- Awarded the FAI Award, 2019 for the best production performance of an operating phosphoric acid plant by the Fertiliser Association of India.
- Awarded the IconSWM Excellence Award, 2019 for implementing effective waste management and resource recovery towards environmental protection by the IconSWM.
- Awarded the Smart Exporter – Gypsum at the Smart Logistics Award, 2019 by Maritime Gateway.
- Awarded the Brand Leadership Award at the Bhubaneswar Brand Leadership Awards, 2019.
- Awarded the 19th Annual Greentech Safety Award, 2020 by Greentech Foundation Certified as a Premium Member of the British Safety Council.
- Awarded for commendable contribution in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility at the Samaya Conclave – 2020.
- Awarded the HR Best Practices - Union Management Relationship by NHRDN, Odisha chapter.
- Awarded the Brands of Odisha: Pride of India award at the Sambad Corporate Excellence Awards, 2020 by Eastern Media Limited.
- Awarded the Best Brand Platinum Award 2021 in the category of Corporate Excellence.
- Awarded the 3rd prize in the CII-HR-Industrial Relations Management Contest by the Confederation of Indian Industries.
- Awarded the Best Productivity Excellence Award for overall production achievement in financial year 2020-21 by Orissa State Productivity Council.
- Awarded the Kalinga Safety Excellence Award (Gold) for the performance year 2019 at the Odisha State Safety Conclave, 2021.
- Awarded the Kalinga Safety Excellence Award (Platinum) for the performance year 2020 at the Odisha State Safety Conclave, 2021.
- Awarded ISO/IEC 17025:2017 certification for our facilities at Jagatsinghapur, Odisha in the field of testing by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Received certificate for recognition of excellence in energy conservation in the large scale category for Energy Conservation Award (ENCON 2021), Confederation of Indian Industries, Eastern Region.
Major events and milestones:
- 1981: Incorporation of Company.
- 1986: Commissioning of di-ammonium phosphate plant (Phase I).
- 1992: Commissioning of sulphuric acid plant, phosphoric acid plant and captive power plant (Phase II).
- 2002: Disinvestment by GoI; Acquisition by ZMPPL (a joint venture between ZACL and Maroc Phosphore S.A.) of 74% of the paid-up equity share capital of Company.
- 2002-2003: Rights issue entirely subscribed by ZMPPL, increasing its stake to 80.45% of the paid-up equity share capital of Company.
- 2009 : Obtained the ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 9001:2008 certifications.
- 2010: Obtained the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 certification.
- 2018: Incorporation of joint venture, Zuari Yoma Agri Solutions Limited.
- 2019: Obtained the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification.
- 2020: Obtained Product Steward Excellence Certificate under IFA Protect and Sustain Product Stewardship Programme.
- 2019: Obtained ISO: 9001:2015, ISO: 14001:2015 and ISO: 45001:2018 certifications.
- 2021: Obtained ISO: 50001:2018 certification.
|Parent Organization||Paradeep Phosphates Ltd.||Managing Director||N Suresh Krishnan|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|