Cement & Construction Materials
|Market Cap||13,447 Cr||EPS||0.3||High||390.8|
|Stock P/E||0.0||Net Profit Margin||0.5||Low||374.85|
|Market Cap||13,447 Cr||ROE||0.2%|
|P/B Ratio||1.5||Dividend Yield||0.0%|
|Industry P/E||45.9||Book Value||247.9|
About the Company
Nuvoco Vistas Corporation is the fifth largest cement company in India and the largest cement company in East India in terms of capacity. It is one of the leading ready-mix concrete manufacturers in India. The company’s Cement Plants are strategically located with road and rail connectivity to its key markets of East India and North India. Its plants are also located in proximity to its limestone reserves and other raw materials, such as slag and fly ash. It transport clinker from its integrated cement plants to its grinding units via rail and road. Gypsum, coal, slag and pet coke, which are essential raw materials for the manufacture of cement and generation of power for its captive power plants, are sourced via rail and road. It has captive railway sidings at six of its plants, these give it a significant competitive advantage in transporting raw materials and finished products from these plants.
The company distributes its products through the trade segment, which mainly caters to individual home buyers (Trade Segment), and the non-trade segment, which is mainly via direct sales to institutional and bulk buyers. Its focus is on the Trade Segment, where its distribution channels are a mix of wholesale and retail dealers and a sub-dealer network. It has developed strong relationships with its channel partners over the years and built a loyal base of customers across its operational markets with the aim to achieve both its customers’ and its own growth objectives. It operates through a range of distribution channels and direct sales to improve its reach to customers.
Business area of the company
The company is the fifth-largest player in India and the largest cement company in East India, in terms of capacity. It offers a range of over 50 products across cement, RMX and modern building materials. Its diversified portfolio includes products and brands as follows:
- Cement: The company’s cement portfolio includes different types of Cement like Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), Portland Slag Cement (PSC), Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC) and Portland Composite Cement (PCC). As a part of its cement portfolio it has leading brands with multiple products under each brand including Concreto, Duraguard, Premium Slag Cement, Nirmax, Double Bull, Infracem and Procem. Our key brands include Concreto, Concreto Green, Duraguard, Duraguard Microfiber, Duraguard Waterseal, Duraguard Silver, Duraguard Rapidx Xtra, Premium Slag Cement, Nirmax Cement, Infracem Cement, Double Bull Cement, Procem Cement, Double Bull Master and Double Bull Subh. After being launched in 2004 Concreto has been one its best-selling brands, while Concreto and Duraguard are market leaders in terms of cement prices in the respective segment as well as regions.
- Ready Mix Concrete (RMX): The company’s brand portfolio in its ready-mix concrete business includes Concreto, Instamix, Artiste and X-Con range of products. This portfolio includes products such as self-compacting concrete, decorative concrete, ready-to-use concrete, crack-resistant concrete, concrete with steel fibers, and lean concrete, as well as concrete with varied characteristics for specialty uses.
- Modern Building Materials: The company’s modern building material products are a key differentiator for it. Its suite of products under this category include a range of construction chemicals, tile adhesives, wall putty, dry plaster, cover blocks and ready-mix dry concrete. Its modern building material products are marketed and sold under the ‘Zero M’ and ‘Instamix’ brands.
Awards, accreditations and recognitions
- 2014: The company received the “Golden Peacock Occupational Health & Safety Award 2014” awarded by the Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors, India.
- 2016: Received the “SHE Excellence Awards (Safety, Health & Environment) 2015-2016” for the Mejia Cement Plant having significant controls over hazardous processes in the category of large scale manufacturing (up to 3,000 employees) awarded by the Confederation of Indian Industry (Eastern Region).
- 2016: Received the “17th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2016” recognising the Mejia Cement Plant as “Energy Efficient Unit” at the National Competition for Excellence in Energy Management organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry at Hyderabad.
- 2017: Received the “FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2016-2017-Special Jury Commendation” recognising the commendable work done by our Company as a socially responsible company.
- 2018: Received the “5th CSR Impact Award” in the category of women empowerment at the India CSR Summit and Exhibition, New Delhi.
- 2018: Received the “19th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2018” recognising the Mejia Cement Plant as “Energy Efficient Unit” at the National Award for Excellence in Energy Management organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry at Hyderabad.
- 2019: Received the “OHSSAI OH & S Award” at the OSHAI 4th Annual HSE Excellence & Sustainability Awards, 2019.
- 2019: Received the “Special Commendation for Golden Peacock Occupational Health & Safety Award 2019” for the Chittorgarh Cement Plant awarded by the Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors, India.
- 2020: Received the “Golden Peacock Innovative Product/ Service Award” awarded by the Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors, India.
- 2020: Received the certificate of accreditation for the Construction Development & Innovation Centre (CDIC) from the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- 2020: Received the “Factory Safety Award Programme - 2020” for the Chittorgarh Cement Plant in the large category awarded by the Inspection Department of Factories and Boilers, Government of Rajasthan.
Major events and milestones
- 1999: Commenced its operations with the acquisition of the cement business of the Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited, including the Jojobera Cement Plant and Sonadih Cement Plant.
- 2002: Acquired the cement business of Raymond Limited, including the Arasmeta Cement Plant.
- 2008: The company (through an erstwhile group entity) acquired the ready-mix concrete business of Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- 2009: Commenced operations at the Mejia Cement Plant.
- 2009: Commissioned a new clinker line at the Sonadih Cement Plant.
- 2010: The Company (through an erstwhile group entity) commenced the supply of ready-mix concrete for World One building at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- 2012: Inauguration of Construction Development & Innovation Centre (CDIC) at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- 2013: Commenced operations at the Chittorgarh Cement Plant.
- 2014: Commenced operations at the Bhiwani Cement Plant.
- 2014: Supplied concrete for the construction of Nazrul Tirtha at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- 2014: Supplied concrete for the construction of the Swami Narayan Temple at Kolkata, West Bengal.
- 2015: The company commenced the supply of concrete to the metro railway project at Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- 2016: Nirchem Cement, an erstwhile wholly-owned subsidiary of Nirma, acquired all the Equity Shares held by Lafarge group in the company.
- 2017: Commenced the supply of concrete to the metro railway project at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- 2017: The name of Company was changed to “Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited”.
- 2019: The company commissioned its first captive power plant and waste heat recovery power plant in the Chittorgarh Cement Plant.
- 2020: The company acquired NU Vista as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- 2020: The cement undertaking of Nirma Limited located at Nimbol, Rajasthan was amalgamated with the Company.
|Parent Organization||Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Ltd.||Managing Director||Jayakumar Krishnaswamy|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|