About the Company
NLC India Limited (formerly Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited) is a Government Company registered under the erstwhile Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office located at Chennai and is listed with the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd and the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. The main activity of NLC India is Mining (Coal & Lignite) and Power Generation (Thermal and Renewable Energy).
Business area of the company
The company is engaged in the business of mining of lignite and generation of power by using lignite as well as Renewable Energy Sources.
- Productivity Award instituted by World Academy of Productivity Science (WAPS).
- Greentech Gold Award 2014 instituted by Greentech Foundation for the best safety performance of TPS-II.
- National Award instituted by ‘Governance Now’ for Best HR Practices (Training).
- National Energy Conservation Award -2014 for Mine-I instituted by Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- IE (I) Industry Excellence Award 2014, instituted by Institution of Engineers (India).
- First Prize in the category of Best Public Sector Undertaking Unit implementing Right to Information Act, Instituted by Public Relation Society of India (PRSI).
- Green Rating Project (GRP) Award, instituted by the Centre for Science & Environment for Barsingsar TPS and TPS-II, Neyveli.
- “Excellence in Cost Management Award 2014” from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India in recognition of cost control measures undertaken by Company.
- “Star PSU Award” from Bureaucracy Today, for excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility in recognition of commitment and continuous engagement by Company with communities towards empowering development for a sustainable growth.
- “Excellence in Integrated Water Resource Management Award” from Central Board of Irrigation and Power.
- “National Golden Peacock Award for CSR-2015” from the Institution of Directors, New Delhi.
- “Gold Award” for outstanding achievement in CSR from Greentech Foundation.
- Gold Trophy & a Citation of Scope Excellence Award - Institutional Category (Maharatna/Navratna PSE’s) for the year 2011-12.
- National award for outstanding Industrial Relations for the year 2014-15 instituted by the All India Organisation of Employers (AIOE).
- Golden Peacock Environment Award 2016 instituted by Institute of Directors, New Delhi in appreciation of its adoption of environment friendly technologies.
- “Golden Peacock Environment Management Award” for the year 2017 in appreciation of its adoption of environment friendly technology presented in the World Congress on Environment Management.
- Four National Awards and a Special Jury Award for Corporate video, bestowed by The Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) recognising the Company’s achievements in public relations and performance.
- “NIPM National Award” for Best HR Practices 2017 by National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM) for implementing modern HR strategies in the Company.
- “Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability 2017” presented in Golden Business Meet.
- Prestigious “Brands of the Decade” award, in recognition of its Vision and Mission in accordance with an exigent business model for massive expansion projects spreading across India.
- Apex India CSR Excellence Award for its outstanding achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility at the Apex India Excellence Awards 2017 presentation.
- Adjudged as the fastest growing Public Sector Enterprise (Navratna Category) by the Hindustan times group based on a study/survey by Price Waterhouse Cooper under the Navratna Category.
- Bagged the prestigious Dun & Bradstreet PSU Award 2018 in the Best Growth Performance – Power Generation category.
- Bagged the most prestigious NIPM Award for Best HR Practices in category A Organisations, NIPM Best IR Strategist Award and Best Development Programme in PSU for Middle Management at World HRD Congress, Mumbai.
- Best Enterprise Award 2019 instituted by National WIPS Forum.
- Platinum awards from GROW CARE INDIA for Environment Management.
- 'National Project Excellence Award 2019' for successful commissioning of Clean and Green Solar Power Project
- PRSI National Awards for outstanding contributions in the field of RTI and CSR.
- Mine-I received the prestigious National Safety Award
- 'Best Enterprise Award' in the Navratna category instituted by the Forum of Women in Public Sector (WIPS)
- Apex India CSR Excellence Award 2019 in Platinum Category
- Aqua Excellence Award 2019 for CSR
|Parent Organization||NLC India Ltd.||Managing Director||Prasanna Kumar Motupalli|