About the Company
The New India Assurance Co. Ltd, founded in 1919, a Multinational General Insurance Company, operates in many countries and headquartered at Mumbai, India. The company has been market leaders in India in Non-Life business for many years. The company is the only direct insurer in India rated A-(Excellent) by AM BEST Company since 2007. The company has been rated AAA/Stable by CRISIL since 2014, indicating that the Company has the highest degree of Financial Strength to honour its Policyholder's obligations. The company has been leading the market, apart from premium, in reserves & net worth for many years.
- Two Wheeler (Bike)
- Private Car
- Commercial Vehicle
- Standalone CPA Cover
- Standalone OD for Motor TW
- Standalone OD for Motor PC
- New India Cancer Gaurd Policy
- New India Premier Mediclaim Policy (Big cover and small price)
- New India Mediclaim Policy (Traditional support)
- New India Floater Mediclaim Policy (Family cover)
- New India Asha Kiran Policy (For your Girl child)
- New India Top Up Mediclaim (Super Protection)
- Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy (Respect to Elders)
- Janata Mediclaim Policy (To suit simple budget)
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy (Higher Studies)
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy (Business and Safe Holidays)
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy (Frequent travellers)
- Suhana Safar Policy (Domestic Travel)
- Personal Accident Policy
- Rasta Apatti Kavach (Road Safety Insurance)
Home and Contents
- Griha Suvidha Policy (Tenants and Owners)
- Householder's Policy
- Fire Policy for Home (Safe Home)
Customised Business and SME Products
- Jewellers Block Policy
- Shopkeeper's Policy
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Neon Sign Insurance
- Multi Peril Policy for L.P.G. Dealers
- Fidelity Guarantee Insurance Policy
- Money Insurance
- Marine Cargo
- Commercial Vehicles
- Misc. Vehicles
- Other Personal Insurance
- Aviation Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Industrial Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Rural Insurance
- 2018: India Insurance Summit Award 2018: General Insurance Company of the Year
- 2018: India Insurance Summit Award 2018: Product Innovator of the Year- Title Insurance Policy
- 2018: Outlook Money Gold Award
- 2018: Business Today Financial Award: Best General Insurer Of The Year
- 2018: Skoch Award Customer Service Order of Merit
- 2018: Skoch Award Company of the Year Order of Merit
- 2017: Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award
- 2017: India Insurance Summit - Insurance Company of the Year
- 2017: Dun & Bradstreet Bfsi Awards - India's Leading Insurance Company- Non-Life Public Sector
- 2016: Indian Insurance Awards - General Insurance Company of the Year
- 2016: Golden Peacock Excellence in Corporate Governance Award
- 2016: Golden Peacock Excellence Innovative Product-Service Award
- 2016: Indian Insurance Awards E-Business Leader -General Insurance
- 2016: Indian Insurance Awards - Under Served Market Penetration - General Insurance (Large Category)
- 2016: ABP News - Best General Insurance Company
- 2016: Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards - Non Life Insurance
- 2015: Indian Insurance Awards - General Insurance Company of the Year
- 2015: Samudra Manthan Awards - Insurance Company of the Year
- 2015: Outlook Money Awards - Best Health Insurer
- 2015: Indian Insurance Awards - Commercial Lines Growth Leadership General Insurance - Large Companies Category
- 2015: Indian Insurance Awards - Claims Service Leader - Large Companies Category
- 2015: Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards - Insurance (General)
- 2014: Indian Insurance Awards - Under Served Market Penetration - Genral Insurance
- 2014: Indian Insurance Awards - Personal Lines Growth Leader (General Insurance) Public E Sector
- 2014: India's SME Forum Best Insurer
- 2014: Dalal Street Investment Journal Award for Best General Insurance Company of the Year
- 2014: Golden Peacock Excellence in Corporate Governance Award
- 2014: Indian Insurance Awards - Technology Maturity - General Insurance
- 1919: The company was incorporated as a limited company with an authorised share capital of Rs 20 crore.
- 1920: Commenced operations in London.
- 1956: Transferred its life insurance business to the Life Insurance Corporation of India, which was formed under the Life Insurance Corporation Act, 1956, pursuant to which life insurance business in India was nationalised.
- 1973: The General Insurance Corporation of India was formed under the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act, 1972, which provided for nationalisation of general insurance business in India. The company became a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India after the GoI transferred its entire shareholding in general insurance companies to the General Insurance Corporation of India.
- 1974: The New India Assurance Company (Merger) Scheme, 1973, which was framed by the Department of Revenue and Insurance, Ministry of Finance, GoI under the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act, 1972, became effective.
- 2003: Pursuant to the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2002, the General Insurance Corporation of India transferred its entire shareholding in Company to the GoI.
- 2012: The company crossed premium of Rs 100,000 million during 2011-12.
- 2016: Received the approval for opening an office at Gujrat International Finance Tec-City, Gandhinagar.
- 2017: The company crossed premium of Rs 200,000 million during 2016-17.
|Parent Organization||The New India Assurance Company Ltd.||Managing Director||Neerja Kapur|