About the Company
The company was incorporated as ‘Neogen Chemicals Private Limited’ on March 7, 1989, at Thane, Maharashtra as a private limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 and received a certificate of incorporation from the Registrar of Companies, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Subsequently, pursuant to a special resolution passed by the shareholders of company on May 2, 1998, company was converted to a public limited company and the name of the company was changed to ‘Neogen Chemicals Limited’, and a fresh certificate of incorporation dated July 2, 1998 was issued to company by the Registrar of Companies, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Business area of the company:
Neogen Chemicals is one of India’s leading manufacturers of bromine-based, and lithium-based, specialty chemicals. The company manufactures specialty organic bromine-based chemical compounds (Bromine Compounds) and other specialty organic chemical compounds as well as specialty inorganic lithium-based chemicals compounds (Lithium Compounds and together with the Bromine Compounds the Products). In addition to manufacturing its standard products, the company also undertakes custom synthesis and contract manufacturing. In custom synthesis the product is developed and customized primarily for a specific customer, but process know-how and technical specifications are developed in-house by it.
Major Events & Milestones:
- 1989: Incorporation.
- 1991: Started operations with Lithium salts and organobromide.
- 1994: Increase in capacity.
- 1998: Conversion of the company from a private limited company to a public limited company.
- 2000: Dedicated R&D Division was set up.
- 2001: company started manufacturing advanced bromine compounds for advanced intermediates.
- 2001: Increased reactor capacity of our Mahape Facility from 6,000 litres to 20,000 litres.
- 2007: Increased reactor capacity of our Mahape Facility from 20,000 litres to 30,000 litres.
- 2012: Increased reactor capacity of our Mahape Facility from 30,000 litres to 45,000 litres.
- 2015: Acquired land in Dahej SEZ.
- 2016: Received certificate of recognition from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade as a ‘One Star Export House’.
- 2016: Achieved turnover of Rs 100 crore.
- 2016: Acquired the manufacturing operations and some land from Solaris Chemtech at Karakhadi, Vadodara, through a business transfer agreement.
- 2016: Acquired a stake in a partnership firm viz. Dhara Fine Chem Industries.
- 2017: Commenced manufacturing operations at the Vadodara Facility.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2016: The company received a Certificate of Recognition from the Directorate General of Foreign Trade as a ‘One Star Export House’ for a period of 5 years with effect from March 15, 2016.
- 2016: The company received an ISO 9001:2008 certification for its manufacturing and supplying of API intermediates, specialty chemicals, agro chemicals and fine chemicals for its Mahape Facility from TuV SUD Management Service GmbH which is valid up to September 14, 2018.
- 2016: The company has received an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 certifications from Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS for research, development, manufacturing and marketing of brominated specialty chemicals for its Karakhadi, Vadodara Facility.
|Parent Organization||Neogen Chemicals Ltd.||Managing Director||Harin Haridas Kanani|