Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
|Market Cap||11,104 Cr||EPS||35.6||High||649.8|
|Stock P/E||17.4||Net Profit Margin||30.7||Low||615.5|
|Market Cap||11,104 Cr||ROE||14.4%|
|P/B Ratio||2.5||Dividend Yield||0.9%|
|Industry P/E||59.1||Book Value||251.1|
About the Company
Natco Pharma was promoted by V C Nannapaneni in the year 1981 as a private company to be in the business of research, developing, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical substances and finished dosage forms for Indian and International markets. The company began its operations in 1984 in Andhra Pradesh. The company focus is primarily on niche therapeutic areas and complex products. It market and distribute products in various countries. It also operates in certain key geographies through its subsidiaries.
Natco Pharma manufactures API products which are primarily used for captive consumption in its FDF products and are also sold to customers for various international markets. In the API segment, company has capabilities to develop and manufacture products with multi-step synthesis, semi synthetic fusion technologies, high-potency APIs and peptides.
Business area of the company
Natco Pharma is a vertically integrated and R&D focused pharmaceutical company engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing of finished dosage formulations (FDF) and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). It is also engaged in contract manufacturing business, whereby it undertake selected contracts with pharmaceutical companies to manufacture and supply pharmaceutical products. It has diversified into the business of crop health sciences to leverage is skills in organic chemistry.
- Contract manufacturing
- Crop Health Sciences
- 1981: Incorporated Natco Pharma Division at Kothur, Mahaboobnagar Dist, Telangana, India.
- 1984: First full year in operation- sales of Rs 0.5 million
- 1986: Inaugurated parental manufacturing facility at Nagarjunasagar, Telangana, India.
- 1993: Inaugurated Natco’s chemical division at Mekaguda in Telangana.
- 1995: Natco trust was founded. Natco merged three of groups companies with the parent company.
- 1997: Inaugurated Natco Research Center (NRC) at Sanathnagar, Hyderabad, India.
- 2003: Launched Oncology division with introduction of the flagship brand VEENAT (generic Imatinib Mesylate) for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia.
- 2006: Incorporated a finished dosage facility at Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
- 2007: Natco launched its first ever ANDA in the US market. Natco acquired Savemart Pharmacy in USA.
- 2008: Natco filed its first paragraph IV filing in the US market.
- 2009: Inaugurated Natco Organics at Chennai, India with facilities dedicated for Cyto-toxic APIS’s Biotechnology products. Natco’s turnover reached $100 million.
- 2011: Incorporated Natcofarma do Brazil LTDA.
- 2012: Compulsory License was granted by government of India for patent protected anti-cancer drug Nexavar of Bayer.
- 2012: Established Natco Pharma Asia Pte Ltd for sales and distribution in Singapore and winner of Golden peacock award for CSR work.
- 2013: Established Natco Pharma Canada Inc for sales and distribution in Canada.
- 2014: Established Natco Pharma Australia Pty Ltd for sales and distribution in Australia.
- 2016: Sold U.S. based Save Mart pharmacy store.
- 2016: Winner of 'Golden Peacock Environment Management Award' for the Year 2016.
- 2016: Launched generic version of Oseltamivir Phosphate capsules in the United States.
- 2017: Started Cardiology and Diabetology divisions for domestic market with launches like Dabigatran.
- 2017: Launched Glatiramer Acetate injection (20 & 40 mg/ml) in the US.
- 2017: Launched complex drug delivery product, liposomal doxorubicin in the US.
- 2018: USFDA completed inspection of Natco’s Mekaguda API facility with zero observations.
- 2018: Natco launched its first generic version of oral tablets Teriflunomide for Multiple Sclerosis in India.
- 2018: Natco introduced generic Posaconazole injection, available for the first time in India.
- 2019: Commercial manufacturing operations begin in NATCO's Visakhapatnam Formulation Facility.
- 2019: Natco launches Crop Health Sciences Division.
- 2019: Natco Pharma invests Rs 5 crore in OMRV Hospitals.
- 2019: Natco Pharma has commenced commercial operations at Finished Dosage Formulations (FDF) facility in Visakhapatnam.
- 2020: Natco Pharma’s subsidiary -- Natco Pharma (Canada) Inc., has entered into a settlement agreement with Celgene (now part of Bristol-Myers Squibb) for the product Lenalidomide Capsules in Canada. The terms of the agreement are confidential as per the agreement.
- 2020: Natco Pharma has received Establishment Inspection Report (EIR) from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for its drug formulations manufacturing facility at Visakhapatnam (Vizag) Andhra Pradesh, India.
|Parent Organization||Natco Pharma Ltd.||Managing Director||V C Nannapaneni|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|