About the Company
Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (NAM India) is the asset manager of Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF). The name of the company was changed from 'Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Limited' to ‘Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited’ and a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued by the Registrar of Companies, Mumbai on January 13, 2020. Equity Shares of NAM India are listed on BSE Limited and National Stock Exchange of India Limited. Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (NAM India) is a listed public limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 on February 24, 1995.
Nippon Life Insurance Company (NLI) is a Japan’s leading private life insurer and offers a wide range of financial products, including individual and group life and annuity policies through various distribution channels, mainly using face-to-face sales channels for its traditional insurance products. It primarily operates in Japan, North America, Europe, Oceania and Asia. NLI conducts asset management operations in Asia, through its subsidiary Nissay Asset Management Corporation (Nissay), which manages assets globally.
Business area of the company
Nippon Life India Asset Management’s principal activity is to act as an investment manager to Nippon India Mutual Fund (Formerly Reliance Mutual Fund) (the Fund) and to provide Portfolio Management Services (PMS) and advisory services to clients under Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) Regulations. The Company is registered with SEBI under the SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996.
Products of the company
- Nippon India Any Time Money Card
- Nippon India Salary Addvantage
- Nippon India SIP Insure
- Nippon India Smart STeP
- Simply Save
- ET BFSI Excellence Awards 2019 - Best Customer Engagement of the Year for Conversational Commerce.
- Featured as a global case study in the Google Cloud Summit as a prominent partner on its Conversational Commerce.
- BFSI Smart Tech Leadership Awards - Best Use of Emerging or Innovative Technology for Conversational Commerce.
- BFSI Smart Tech Leadership Awards - Outstanding use of AI & Robotics in Financial Services for Business Easy 2.0.
- Indian Digital Media Awards 2019 - Best Customer Engagement of the Year for Conversational Commerce.
- Kamikaze B2B Media - Best Payment technology initiative of the Year for Conversational Commerce.
Major events and milestones
- 1995: Received the approval to act as the asset management company to the Reliance Mutual Fund, then known as Reliance Capital Mutual Fund.
- 1995: Reliance Growth Fund and Reliance Vision Fund schemes launched by the Reliance Mutual Fund, with the company acting as the asset management company.
- 2004: Commenced portfolio management services.
- 2004: Commenced offshore operations in Mauritius by setting up a wholly owned subsidiary, Reliance Asset Management (Mauritius) Limited.
- 2005: Commenced offshore operations in Singapore by setting up a wholly owned subsidiary, Reliance Asset Management (Singapore) Pte Limited.
- 2008: Executed a contract to provide discretionary portfolio management services to the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (acting through its Central Board of Trustees).
- 2012: Received the first tranche of investment from Nippon Life.
- 2014: The company’s subsidiary, Reliance AIF Management Company Limited, appointed as the ‘manager’ to the Reliance Capital AIF Trust.
- 2014: Reliance Japan Equity Fund, a Japan focused open-ended diversified equity scheme launched by Reliance Mutual Fund, with the company acting as the asset management company.
- 2015: Entered into an Investor Advisory Agreement with Samsung Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited.
- 2015: Equity-oriented Retirement Fund launched by Reliance Mutual Fund, with the company acting as the asset management company.
- 2015: QAAUM (Reliance Mutual Fund) crossed Rs 1,500,000 million.
- 2016: Acquired the asset management rights of 12 schemes being managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management (India) Private Limited.
- 2016: Launched the ‘Simply Save’ app and Instant Redemption facility.
- 2016: Executed a contract to provide discretionary portfolio management services to the Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization (acting through its Board of Trustees).
- 2016: The company’s subsidiary, Reliance AIF Management Company Limited, appointed as the ‘manager’ to the Reliance Event Opportunities Trust.
- 2017: QAAUM (Reliance Mutual Fund) crossed Rs 2,000,000 million.
- 2018: Focused approach on SIPs resulting in 2.5X growth enabling long term assets.
- 2019: Company inks Strategic Alliances to fortify its Digital Distribution
- 2019: Nippon Life Insurance (NLI), Japan’s leading private life insurer and its partner since 2012, became the principal shareholder in the company.
|Parent Organization||Nippon Life India Asset Management Ltd.||Managing Director|