About the Company
MOIL Limited is a Schedule ‘A’ Miniratna Category-I Company. It was originally incorporated as Manganese Ore (India) Limited in the year 1962. Subsequently, name of the Company was changed from Manganese Ore (India) Limited to MOIL Limited during the financial year 2010-11. The company is engaged in exploration, exploitation and marketing of various grades of manganese ore and value added products such as Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide (EMD) and High Carbon Ferro Manganese Alloy.
Business area of the company
The Company is one of the largest manganese ore producers of the country.
The company produces and sells different grades of Manganese Ore. They are:
- High Grade Ores for production of Ferro manganese
- Medium grade ore for production of Silico manganese
- Blast furnace grade ore required for production of hot metal
- Dioxide for dry battery cells and chemical industries
- Corporate Governance CSR Award by Institute of Public Enterprises (IPE), Hyderabad.
- National Safety Award for the year 2008 and 2009 from President of India.
- District Highest Sales Tax Payer Award for Balaghat District of Madhya Pradesh for the year 2010-11
- Performance Excellence Award for the year 2010-11 from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE).
- Corporate Governance EXCELLENT grading
- Highest Tax Payers Award for the financial year 2011-12 by the Government of Madhya Pradesh for the highest Commercial tax paid in the Balaghat District for consecutively 5th year
- Gold Awards - CCQC-2014 organised by Quality Circle Forum, Nagpur Chapter
- Silver Trophy in International Convention on Quality Control Circles 2014 (ICQCC-2014) held in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Best participants of the Bhopal Vigyan Mela-2015 in the PSU category.
- Two National Energy Conservation awards, for mining sectors, first prize for Ukwa mine and second prize for Kandrimine awarded by Honourable Energy minister on National Energy Conservation day 2015.
- Corporate Governance Excellent grading by DPE for 2014-15.
- Corporate Governance - Excellent grading by DPE for 2015-16, received this year.
- Four prizes in 47th All India Rescue Competition-2016 held at Mines Rescue Station, WCL, Nagpur.
- Par Excellence Award in Quality Circle and First Prize in Skit Competition to Tirodi Mine
- Par Excellence Award in Quality Circle and First Prize in Model Competition to Ferro Manganese Plant, Balaghat Mine
- Par Excellence Award in Quality Circle to IMD Plant, Dongri Buzurg Mine
- Excellence Award in Quality Circle to EMD Plant, Dongri Buzurg Mine
- Par Excellence Award in Quality circle to Avighna Quality Circle Team, ferro managese plant, Balaghat Mine.
- Best Poster and Best Slogan award to Panchratna Quality Circle team, Dongri Buzurg mine workshop.
- Excellence award in Quality Circle to Aman Quality circle team EMD Plant, Dongri Buzurg mine, Parakh Quality circle team, Tirodi mine and Pancharatna Quality circle team, Dongri Buzurg mine workshop.
- MOIL has bagged second prize for Best Rescue and Recovery team award in The 50th All India Mines Rescue Competition.
- MOIL bagged 'Best Growth Performance Award' in Mineral & Metals category at Dun & Bradstreet PSU award 2019.
- MOIL has also bagged 'HR Excellence Award' for the innovative and consistent HR practices.
- 1962: Incorporation of the Company
- 1962: Transfer of mining leases for manganese ore over the Nagpur, Dongri Buzurg and other areas, consumable stores and other fixed assets from CPMO pursuant to the 1962 Agreement.
- 1977: Transfer of entire stake by CPMO to Government of India and Company became a 100% Government owned company
- 1977: Transfer of the Heavy Media Separation Plant located at the Belapur-Hamesha mine and other consumable stores and spares from CPMO pursuant to the 1977 Agreement.
- 1991: Set up Electrolytic Manganese Dioxide Plant (“EMD”) at Dongri Buzurg mine.
- 1998: Set up High Carbon Ferro Manganese plant with capacity of 10,000 TPA at Balaghat mine.
- 2001: Set up integrated Manganese Beneficiation Plant at Dongri Buzurg mine.
- 2006: Wind farm with power generation capacity of 4.8MW commissioned.
- 2007: Achieved annual production of 1mn tones.
- 2007: Company shifted to its present corporate office at ‘MOIL Bhavan’ at 1-A, Katol Road, Nagpur.
- 2007: Set up integrated Manganese Beneficiation Plant at Balaghat mines with capacity of 0.5mn TPA.
- 2008: Second wind farm with power generation capacity of 15.2 MW commissioned.
- 2008: ‘Mini-Ratna - Category - I’ status conferred.
- 2008: Incorporated 50:50 Joint Venture company ‘SAIL and MOIL Ferro Alloys Private Ltd’ with SAIL to manufacture ferro alloys at Bhilai (C.G.).
- 2009: Equity Shares of the Company split from Rs 100 per share to Rs 10 per share.
- 2009: Issue of Bonus Shares in the ratio 1:5
- 2009: Achieved annual turnover of more than Rs. 1000 mn
- 2009: Incorporated 50:50 Joint Venture company ‘RINMOIL Ferro Alloys Private Ltd’ with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) to manufacture ferro alloys at Vizag (AP).
- 2010: Change in the name of the Company to MOIL Limited.
- 2013: MOIL receives prospecting license from Maharashtra govt over 597.44 hectares of area.
- 2013: MOIL has assigned Rs 250 crore investment for conducting geophysical studies and exploratory drilling on 597 acres of area in Maharashtra. The company would utilize the aforesaid area for expansion of existing mines and would open four mines.
- 2013: Moil gets govt approval on mining lease for manganese ore from the Ministry of Mines, Government of India.
- 2014: The grant of Prospecting License (PL) by Government of Maharashtra over an area of 597.44 hectares in Nagpur and Bhandara districts of Maharashtra have now been executed and registered.
- 2015: Approval of environmental clearance for purchase of land for new mine
- 2016: MOIL has signed a MoU with Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- 2017: 4 Mines of MOIL received 5 Star Rating Award under Sustainable Development during National Conclave on Mines & Minerals
- 2018-19: Started a new mine situated at Parsoda in Nagpur district.
- 2020: MOIL has received Environmental Clearance for enhancement of production capacity from 90,000 TPA to 2,03,200 TPA.
|Parent Organization||MOIL Ltd.||Managing Director||Ajit Kumar Saxena|