|Market Cap||10,080 Cr||EPS||98.5||High||1032.05|
|Stock P/E||10.4||Net Profit Margin||21.8||Low||1010.6|
|Market Cap||10,080 Cr||ROE||20.4%|
|P/B Ratio||2.2||Dividend Yield||2.5%|
|Industry P/E||80.6||Book Value||455.8|
About the Company
Mahanagar Gas Limited, (MGL) one of the India's leading Natural Gas Distribution Companies was incorporated on May 8, 1995. GAIL (India) Limited (Maharatna Company of Govt. of India) is the promoter of MGL.
Mahanagar Gas (MGL) is one of the leading Natural Gas Distribution Companies in India. MGL is the sole authorized distributor of compressed natural gas (CNG) and piped natural gas (PNG) in Mumbai, Thane and Raigad district of Maharashtra. Promoted by GAIL (India) Limited, the largest state-owned natural gas processing and distribution Company in India and BG Asia Pacific Holdings Pte. Ltd (BGAPH), MGL distributes CNG for motor vehicles and PNG for domestic, commercial as well as industrial use.
Business area of the company
MGL is in the business of City Gas Distribution (CGD), supplying natural gas in the city of Mumbai including its adjoining areas and the Raigad district, in the State of Maharashtra, India.
Services offered by the company
- Domestic PNG
- Commercial PNG
- Industrial PNG
- Gas Geysers
- 2009: MGL Certified for OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems in July 2009
- 2009: MGL recertified for ISO 14001:2004 in November 2009
- 2009: 6th CII Western Region SHE award 2009 (Service Sector-Large)
- 2010: BG Chairman’s Award for Safety 2010
- 2013: Greentech Safety Award, 2013
- 2013: Greentech Environment Excellence Award, 2013
- 2014: Greentech CSR Award, 2014
- 2015: Greentech CSR Award, 2015
- 2015: 5th Annual Greentech CSR Award 2015
- 2015: Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya Award being presented for CSR Initiative - MGL Unnati, 2015
- 2015: Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Social Responsibility, 2015
- 2015: Rashtra Vibhushan Award 2015 in Gold Category
- 2016: Greentech HR Award 2016
- 2016: Rashtra Vibhushan Award 2016
- 2016: Greentech Safety Awards 2016 in Gold Category
- 2016: Best Education Improvement Award by World CSR Day 2016
- 2016: Rashtra Vibhushan Award 2016-17
- 2017: The Middle East CSR Leadership Awards 2017
- 2017: Nava Bharat CSR Leadership Summit Awards 2017
- 2017: National Award for Excellence in CSR & Sustainability 2017
- 2017: Innov Awars 2017 in Gold Category
- 2017: Golden Tigers Award 2017
- 2018: Yes Bank - Business World Best CFO Award 2018
- 2018: Social Change Award 2018 by Govt. of India
- 2018: Financial Express CFO Awards 2018
- 2019: MGL was conferred with Stars of Industry Award, 2019 for outstanding achievement in CSR.
Major events and milestones
- 1997-1998: The first natural gas supply and transportation contract was signed with GAIL.
- 2008-2009: Completed laying 2,000 km of PE pipeline in GA 1.
- 2010-2011: Completed laying 200 km of steel pipeline in GA 1 and achieved a customer base of 0.5 million domestic customers.
- 2011-2012: Commissioned 150th CNG dispensing station.
- 2012-2013: Completed laying more than 350 km of PE pipeline and 350 km of steel pipelines.
- 2013-2014: Achieved a customer base of 1.0 million customers.
- 2017: MGL crosses 200th CNG Station mark in MMR
- 2017-18: Mahanagar Gas sets up First CNG Station in Raigad.
- 2018-19: Expanded its network in Raigad by operating 10 CNG stations.
- 2019-20: Crossed a milestone of 250 CNG stations.
|Parent Organization||Mahanagar Gas Ltd.||Managing Director||Sanjib Datta|
All values are in Rs Cr
|Company||52 Week||Market Price||P/E Ratio||Financials||Share Holding|