About the Company
Max Healthcare Institute Limited is the second largest healthcare chain in India by revenue with a network of various Healthcare Facilities, including BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital (post de-merger of Radiant’s healthcare business into the company). Its network includes four Partner Healthcare Facilities, to whom it provide healthcare services in key specialities pursuant to prevailing agreements. It has major concentration in north India with many hospitals and medical centres located in Delhi NCR and the others in the cities of Mumbai, Mohali, Bathinda and Dehradun.
The company commenced operations in the year 2000 with its first hospital, Max Medcentre in Panchsheel Park, and expanded its operations by opening various multi-speciality hospitals and entering into arrangements with societies and trusts. It provides healthcare services across secondary and tertiary care specialities with key focus on centres of excellence i.e. oncology, neurosciences, cardiac sciences, orthopaedics, renal sciences, liver and biliary sciences and minimal access metabolic and bariatric surgery (MAMBS).
In addition to the core hospital business, the company has two SBUs, namely, Max@Home and MaxLab. Max@Home is a platform that provides health and wellness services at home and MaxLab offers pathology services to patients outside of its hospitals through a variety of channels including third party hospital laboratory management.
Max Healthcare is promoted and led by Abhay Soi as its Chairman and Managing director and co- promoted by KKR, the iconic Global Private equity fund. The present amalgamated company was formed subsequent to the acquisition of 49.7% stake in erstwhile Max Healthcare Institute Limited by Radiant Life Care Pvt. Ltd. (Radiant) and the amalgamation of Max Healthcare with Radiant thereafter. The amalgamated entity assumed the name Max Healthcare Institute limited. Prior to the amalgamation, Radiant was led and promoted by Abhay Soi.
Business area of the company
The company offers healthcare services through its various facilities in Delhi and the National Capital Region, and facilities in Mohali and Bathinda. It provides services in the areas of cardiology, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer, neurosciences, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, aesthetics and reconstructive plastic surgery, internal medicine, eye and dental care, endocrinology, diabetes, obesity, ENT, metal health and behavioral sciences, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, and nuclear medicine, as well as minimal access, metabolic, and bariatric surgery.
Awards & recognitions
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket was awarded the ‘Patient Safety Award’ for ‘Project Nursing Excellence’ by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj was awarded Diamond Award for Stroke Ready Centre by the World Stroke Organisation.
- Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket won the Nursing Excellence Award at AHPI Healthcare Excellence Awards 2020.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road won the Best Hospital - Neurology (National) Best Hospital - Gastroenterology & Hepatology (North) Best Hospital - Orthopaedic (North), Best Multi-Speciality Hospital (North) and Best Hospital-Cardiology (North) at ET Healthworld Awards 2020.
- FICCI Excellence Awards for ‘Operational Excellence’ was awarded to the mpany by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Vaishali won the award for Quality Beyond Accreditation at AHPI Healthcare Excellence Awards 2020.
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital, Pusa Road won the Award for Quality Beyond Accreditation at AHPI Healthcare Excellence Awards 2020.
- Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket won the Best Hi-Tech Hospital (National) at ET Healthworld Awards 2020.
|Parent Organization||Max Healthcare Institute Ltd.||Managing Director||Abhay Soi|