About the Company
Marksans Pharma, incorporated in 1992, was a wholly-owned subsidiary of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals. It became a separate entity in March 2003 and the name was changed to Marksans Pharma in 2005.
Currently the company has presence in Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients (APIs), formulations and biopharmaceuticals. It is also actively engaged in research and development and offers contract research and manufacturing services (CRAMS) to global pharmaceutical companies.
The company, engaged in production of prescription drugs, caters in areas like oncology, gastroenterology, antidiabetic, cardiovascular, pain management, gynaecology and others.
The company's plants have been built as per USFDA guidelines and have received approval from various health authorities namely TGA (
Marksans Pharma acquired Relonchem, a leading
Marksans Pharma exports its products to markets in Europe, Latin America, Africa and
In 2010 Company entered into a Business Transfer Agreement with Kores (India) Limited
Research and Development- The company’s R&D centre is situated in
Formulation- This division is engaged in manufacturing of tablets, non-sterile liquids, ointments and powder products. The company owns one of the biggest manufacturing facility for soft gelatin in
APIs- Marksans' two APIs manufacturing units are located in Pune. The present manufacturing capacity of 1140 TPA that comprises of 600 TPA Quinolones, 360 TPA Ranitidine, and 180 others.
CRAMS- The company has alliances with the top 8 MNC generic companies for contract manufacturing of 30 generic products for the European markets. It has entered into licensing agreements with numerous companies for development and supply of products for 7-10 years.
- 2016 -Marksans Pharma gets USFDA nod for Paricalcitol capsules
-Marksans Pharma gets USFDA nod for diabetes treatment drug
-Marksans Pharma bags USFDA approval for Loratadine
- 2015 -Marksans Pharma gains on acquiring Time-Cap Laboratories
- 2009 - Marksans Pharma establlished itself as a global player
- 2008 - Acquired Bells, Sons & Co. (Druggists) Ltd.
- Acquired Relonchem Limited
- 2005 - Acquired Nova Pharmaceuticals Australasia Pty Ltd.
- 2003 - Spun-off into a separate entity - Glenmark Laboratories Ltd.
- Changed its name to 'Marksans Pharma Ltd'
- 2001 - Marksans was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
|Parent Organization||Marksans Pharma Ltd.||Managing Director||Mark Saldanha|