About the Company
The Marathon Group was formally launched in 1969 by Shri Ramniklal Shah, an educationist with the ideal of serving society in every way. The seed of the group was sown when Zaveribhai Ramji Shah envisioned and planned Mulund, a 550-acre suburb in Mumbai.
On the odyssey to its present position of eminence in the market, Marathon has developed residential complexes, industrial estates, high-rises, signature homes, retail and corporate spaces, catering to the lifestyles of all classes and masses, with over 70 projects in India. The Group’s ongoing projects are spread over 28 lakh sq. ft. in Mumbai.
Marathon’s dynamic leadership and lean management is supplemented by a prestigious ISO 9001:2000 certification (Quality Management Systems), CRISIL Rating as DA3 (Developers) for the flagship company – Marathon Realty Pvt. Ltd.
Marathon continued to contribute to Mulund through the 70’s and the 80’s, with over 30 landmark projects in this suburb alone, carrying forward the patriarch's vision, conviction and dedication, making Mulund the 'Prince of the Suburbs'.
In the 90’s, Marathon expanded to over the rest of Mumbai and beyond under the stewardship of the next generation, Ramnikbhai's sons, Chetan Shah and Mayur Shah. Qualified civil and structural engineers from USA, the two brothers have consistently set new benchmarks for the group, re-inventing the Group's goal and adopting new age methodologies. Marathon Nextgen is a result of those efforts.
Other ventures of the company
Vector Projects India Pvt. Ltd.- Marathon offers total interior solutions from conceptualizing to executing interior designs, under this banner. Civil work, interior decorators, masonry, electrical work, furniture and carpentry are all managed by an efficient team of over 140 efficient experts, driving an annual turnover of INR 100 crores. The accuracy of time frames and final cost estimates are maintained, following the Group's core values.
Lark Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.- Marathon through its financial arm -- Lark Consultancy Pvt. Ltd -- ensures a daily transaction of Rs 150 million on BSE and NSE, resulting in an annual turnover to the tune of Rs 40,000 million. One of the busiest online traders in the capital and share market with headquarters in Mumbai, the firm has branches in Mangalore, Bangalore and Shimoga as well. The venture promises future expansion across geographical regions.
Some of the project carried out by the company are-
- Marathon NextGen Era-A multi-storeyed luxurious tower with apartments & penthouses in Lower Parel.
- Marathon NextGen Innova- A multi-storeyed commercial complex in Lower Parel.
- Marathon NextGen Emperor- A Independent corporate house with offices and retail outlets in Lower Parel.
Milestones of the company:
- 1972- Marathon Poonam (Mulund) - It was one of the first seven storied building with a lift. This was the first society which was given loan facility in Mulund. Out of Rs. 51 per sq.ft. Rs.33 was given as society loan.
- 1986- Marathon Olympic (Mulund)
- 1990- Marathon Antariksh (Mulund) – Mulund’s first high-rise building.
- 1996- Marathon galaxy (Mulund), Mount View (Mulund), Virayatan (Deolali)
- 1997- Marathon Heights (Worli), Udyog Kshetra (Mulund)
- 1999- Marathon Heritage (Vikhroli)
- 2001- Marathon Galaxy (Mulund)
- 2003- Marathon Max (Mulund), Marathon Maxima (Mulund)
- 2004- Marathon Chambers (Mulund), Marathon Nextgen Era (Lower Parel), Marathon Nextgen Innova (Lower Parel), Marathon Nextgen Emperor (Lower Parel)
- 2005- Marathon Omega (Lower Parel), Marathon Vastu (Airoli)
Marathon Heights, the first residential tower in India with a helipad, was awarded 'The Best Residential Project of the Year - 1999' by Accommodation Times.
|Parent Organization||Marathon Nextgen Realty Ltd.||Managing Director||Chetan R Shah|