About the Company
Mangalam Cement Limited was promoted in the year 1978 by the famed house of Shri B KBirla, the most eminent and illustrious industrialist of the country.
It is a professionally managed and well established cement manufacturing company enjoying the confidence of consumers because of its superior quality product and excellent customer service.
The company has recently commissioned its state-of-the-art new cement plant with German technology for producing 7 lakh tonnes per annum at its existing site at Morak, Distt. Kota in Rajasthan under the name of Neer Shree Cement.
In 1996, a major power failure led to the stoppage of production in the Mangalam Cement kiln for the entire month of December and the company decided to set up a pre-calcinator that year. The company was reduced to the status of a sick company in 2000 and its net worth declined, but in 2004 Mangalam Cement was facilitated by the one-time settlement struck between Mangalam Cement and its financiers and it was relieved of a sum of Rs.119 crore.
In 1992, the B.K. Birla Group considered plans to set up a new manufacturing unit after Mangalam Cement and decided to name it as Neer Shree Cement, and this plant was supposed to incorporate all the latest technologies available in Germany. The project required a capital investment of Rs153 crore and the plant ultimately began its production in the year 1994 and was recognized with ISO-9002 Certification in 1996-97.
As an integral part of environment protection drive, it employs latest pollution control techniques to minimize pollution and make the environment eco-friendly. It has a well-designed environmental policy to achieve the objective of environmental commitment by management.
In 2010 Mangalam Cement okayed merger of sister firm - Mangalam Timber Products with itself.
Product range of the company includes:
- Birla Uttam Cement- 43 Grade
- Birla Uttam Cement- 53 Grade
- Birla Uttam Cement- Portland pozzolana cement (PPC)
- The products produced by the company are as per the BIS Specification.
- Implementation of ISO 14001 is currently underway at its plants.
- Awards Won during Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week 2005-06 include third position for Over all Performance and Air Pollution Control, second position in Reclamation, Rehabilitation & Restoration of Land.
- Awards Won during the Mines Safety Week 2005 include first prize for Over all Performance, Heavy Earth Moving Machinery and maintenance, Electrical Installation and Mine Lighting, Opencast Working Places and Supervision and second prize for Welfare Amenities and Protective Equipments, Publicity Propaganda and Housing Keeping.
- Awards Won during Mines Environment and Mineral Conservation Week 2004-05, Ajmer Region involves second prize for overall performance and first prize for Reclamation, Rehabilitation & Restoration of Land, Water Pollution Control.
|Mangalam Cement Ltd.