About the Company
Manaksia Limited (formerly Hindusthan Seals Ltd., incorporated in 1984) is a multi-division and multi-location conglomerate. The company was promoted by Basant Kumar Agrawal and Suresh Kumar Agrawal. It is headquartered in Kolkata, India, and its shares are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the National Stock Exchange and the Calcutta Stock Exchange.
Manaksia specialises in the manufacture of packaging products (crowns, closures and metal containers), metal products and fast moving consumer goods, among others. Its metal packaging products include crowns, roll-on pilfer-proof closures, expanded polyethylene liners as well as push-open and other metal containers.
The company has now diversified into the production of aluminium rolled products, secondary specification aluminium alloys and galvanised steel.
In the fast moving consumer goods segment, the company is a dependable mosquito repellents outsourcing destination for Mortein (owned by Reckitt Benckiser (India) Limited) and Maxo (owned by Jyothy Laboratories) brands. The company has now diversified into the production of aluminium rolled products, secondary specification aluminium alloys and galvanised steel. It possesses 15 manufacturing plants in India and three abroad; two in Nigeria and one in Ghana.
Product range of the company includes:
- Roll On Pilfer Proof (ROPP) Closures- made of high quality aluminium are internationally accepted sealing devices, fitted on glass, plastic and metal containers for prevention of pilferage. Used for liquors, medicines, non-carbonated fruit drinks, hair oils and other consumer products. It produce Deep Drawn ROPP Closures, Side Chamferred ROPP Closures and Side Decorated Extra Deep Drawn (Steel Cap Type) ROPP Closures.
- Crown- These closures are made with moulded PVC and dry blend lining. These are widely used by almost all brand leaders of soft drinks and beer in India.
- Metal Container- Push Open Type Metal Containers for Shoe Polish, Other metal containers are manufactured from quality aluminium with great precision and skill on order from premier companies manufacturing face creams, balms and ointments and it also produce Tea Caddies for preserving the 'garden freshness' of Indian tea.
- Mosquito Repellant Coil- under the brand name 'MORTEIN' with the support of Reckitt Benckiser (India) Limited and also mosquito coil stand
- Aluminium products- Aluminium sheets and coils, roofing and flooring sheet, aluminium alloy ingot, prefabricated shelter.
- Steel products- CRcoil/ sheet, hot dipped galvanized steel, prepainted profile sheet.
- The company’s wholly owned subsidiary in Nigeria, MINL Limited, was set up in 1996 and is the market leader in ROPP caps and crown corks in Nigeria. It has also set up facilities for the manufacture of galvanised steel, metal colour coated sheets and coils and secondary specification aluminium alloys.
- The company also has subsidiary companies in Ghana (Dynatech Industries Ghana Limited) and Dubai (Euroasian Ventures FZE).
Milestones of the company:
- 2008: The Company declares its IPO.
- 2005-06: Commencement of commercial production at Kutch.
- 2004-05: Expansion of product horizon at Nigeria, facilities for Continuous Galvanising and manufacture of Aluminium Alloy Ingots set up.
- 2003-04: Manufacture of mosquito coils starts at Assam. Hindusthan Seals Limited the second largest manufacturer of mosquito coils in the world.Hindusthan Seals Limited renamed Manaksia Limited. Trial production starts in Aluminium Rolling Mill at Haldia.
- 2002-03: Mark Steels Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hindusthan Seals Limited for setting up an integrated steel complex at Purulia, inaugurates manufacturing facilities of 100 TPD of sponge iron.Metal profiling line set up through a subsidiary, Dynatech Industries Ghana Limited at Ghana.
- 2001-02: Facilities for manufacture of Mosquito Coils set up at Bhopal.Manufacture of Corrugated Cardboard Boxes commences at Hyderabad.Assam, Haldia and Kutch projects visualised and work commences. Commercial production at Assam factory starts.Facilities for manufacture of value-added Aluminium products and Continuous Galvanising Line set up at Bankura.
- 2000: Facilities for manufacture of mosquito coils set up at Bankura.Hindusthan Seals Limited - the largest manufacturer of ROPP caps and closures in Asia.
- 1999: Manufacturing unit set up at Bankura for manufacture of ROPP caps and mosquito coil stands.Facilities for manufacture of Mosquito Coils set up at Hyderabad.
- 1997-98: New Unit of Manaksia Closures Private Limited for manufacture of crown closures set up at Hyderabad.New factory of Manaksia Crowns Private Limited set up at Silvassa for manufacture of crown closures.Facilities for printing of metal sheets and manufacture of stands for mosquito coils set up at Liluah.Manaksia Crowns Private Limited, Manaksia Closures Private Limited and Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited merged with Hindusthan Seals Limited.
- 1996: Manaksia Industries Private Limited commences business initially though trading operations and then manufacturing of ROPP caps and crown closures start.
- 1995: Overseas operations visualised at Nigeria under the name and style of Manaksia Industries Nigeria Limited.
- 1994: Auro Enterprises Private Limited, Manaksia Containers Private Limited, R.K. Aluminium Private Limited and Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited are merged with Hindusthan Seals Limited.
- 1991-92: Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited commences manufacture of Expanded Polyethylene wads at Bhopal.
- 1989-90: Manaksia Crowns Private Limited commences manufacture of ROPP caps and crowns at Bhopal.
- 1988-89: Operations commence at Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited factory at Haripal for the manufacture of printing ink, lacquers and varnishes.Work for setting up of new factories of Manaksia Closures Private Limited and Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited, starts at Bhopal.
- 1986-87: Facilities of Manaksia Crowns Private Limited for manufacture of Crown Closures and facilities of Auro Enterprises Private Limited for manufacture of PP caps and printing of metal sheets, set up at Hyderabad.
- 1984-85: Hindusthan Seals Limited incorporated as a public limited company in December 1984 to take over the assets of the proprietorship firm Hindusthan Seals. First Directors, Shri B.K. Agrawal, Shri S.K. Agrawal and Shri B.D. Agrawal. Shares of the company are listed in the Calcutta Stock Exchange.Kunststoff Polymers Private Limited, Auro Enterprises Private Limited, Manaksia Crowns Private Limited, Manaksia Closures Private Limited, Mandwara Polymer Chemie Private Limited incorporated as private limited companies.Madras (Chennai) Branch of Hindusthan Seals Limited set up.
- 1982-83: The Delhi Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.R.K. Aluminium Private Limited commences business in rolling of stainless steel.Manaksia Containers Private Limited commences business in manufacture of PP caps and metal containers.Aluminium & Allied Products, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri Sunil Kumar Agrawal for manufacture of stainless steel utensils at 114/99, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.
- 1980-81: R.K. Aluminium Private Limited incorporated for installation of rolling mill for stainless steel at 114/99, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.Manaksia Containers Private Limited incorporated for manufacture of ROPP caps and metal containers at 15, B.K. Paul Temple Road, Belur, Howrah. The Hyderabad Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
- 1979: Shri B.K. Agrawal and others incorporate a private limited company under the name and style of Manaksia India (Pvt.) Limited for trading in ROPP caps. The Bombay (Mumbai) Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
- 1978: Howrah Sheet & Engineering, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri M.P. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.Hindusthan Sheets and Metal Works, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri B.D. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata. Hind Supply & Manufacturing Corporation, a proprietorship firm set up by Shri S.K. Agrawal for manufacture of ROPP caps at 211, S.N. Roy Road, Kolkata.The Bangalore Branch of Hindusthan Seals set up.
- 1972: Shri Basant Kumar Agrawal, an entrepreneur and visionary par excellence sets up Hindusthan Seals, a proprietorship firm at 95/1, Dharmatala Road, Salkia, Howrah for the manufacture of ROPP caps.
The company is ISO 9001:2000 certified, it also confirm with the quality standards of KSA 9002 and ISO 9002.
|Suresh Kumar Agrawal