About the Company
Maharashtra Seamless Ltd (MSL) was incorporated on May 10, 1988. The company was conceived after noticing huge demand and supply gap in the seamless pipe market, which was met mostly through imports. This import substitute project was set up in 1991 at Nagothane (near Mumbai), Distt. Raigad (Maharashtra), to manufacture seamless pipes & tubes with the finest quality and wide product range using the world renowned CPE technology acquired through technical collaboration with Mannesmann Demag Huttentechnik Gmbh (MDH), Germany at a capital cost of Rs 69 crore. The project was appraised and financed by ICICI in participation with IDBI & IFCI and other banks. Mannesmann Demag is a world leader in steel and seamless pipe industry. Our state of the art plant is only the third of its kind in the world. The plant was commissioned in February 1992. The main plant and machinery was imported from USA based on MDH design.
Business area of the company
Maharashtra Seamless provides a whole range of high-class, customizable and innovative seamless pipes and tubes using state-of-art technology. The company also manufactures ERW Pipes and Coated Pipes. The company also engaged in the business of Wind Power, Steel Pipes & Tubes.
- ERW Pipes
- MS & Galvanized Pipes
- API Line Pipes
- OCTG Casing Tubing
- Seamless Pipes
- Hot Finished Pipes & Tubes
- Cold Drawn Tubes
- Boiler Tubes
- API Line Pipes
- OCTG Casing and Tubing
- OCTG Drill Pipe
- Coated Pipes
- Internal Coating
- Premium Connections
- Pipe Fittings
Key customer segments
- Oil & Gas
- Hydro Carbon Process
- Bearing Industry
- Boiler, Heat Exchanger
- Plumbing & Firefighting
- General Engineering
- Sewage & Waterwell
- Hydraulic Cylinder
- 1989-92: MSL - Entry into Seamless Pipes: The 7” Seamless Pipe plant is set up. Commissioning the country’s first OCTG Seamless Pipe project, the 7” Seamless Pipe plant using CPE technology at Nagothane, Maharashtra (with technical knowhow from German giant Mannesmann Demag Huttentechnik, Gmbh). Today, it is the largest manufacturer of Seamless Pipes and Tubes in India.
- 2000: MSL sets up a plant to make 20” ERW pipe, largest diameter ERW pipes in India. Today, MSL is one of the largest ERW pipe manufacturers in the country.
- 2001: Entry into renewable energy: Wind Power MSL ventures into Wind Power energy with 7MW power plant at Satara, Maharashtra.
- 2004: Another Seamless Pipe manufacturing plant using Plug Mill process is set up at Nagothane. MSL now is capable of producing up to 14” dia. Seamless Pipes.
- 2005: Entry into Value added Products Premium Connections MSL sets up a JV with Hydril of USA to manufacture Premium Connections required in the most challenging oil & gas sector. Presently, named as Jindal Premium Connections Pvt. Ltd. and wholly owned by the D.P. Jindal Group.
- 2006: MSL sets up a 3LPP and 3LPE anti-corrosive coating facility near its pipe manufacturing plant. This facility can provide both external and internal coating to pipes up to 1250 mm dia.
- 2010: An expander added to 14” Seamless Pipe mill. MSL has extended its product range up to 20” diameter.
- 2012: MSL sets up Solar Power plant at Pokharan, Rajasthan. Allotted under the ‘Jawaharlal National Solar Mission’, the plant can generate 5 MW of power.
- 2012: Drill Pipes MSL sets up new manufacturing plant at Mangaon, Maharashtra, about 30 km from its main Nagothane plant. Plant capable of manufacturing 6” diameter Drill pipes for the drilling industry.
- 2017: 20 MW solar PV power project at Village Khetusar, Tehsil Bap, District Jodhpur, Rajasthan 1 MW Roof Top Solar plant at MSL Nagothane factory.
- 2020: Maharashtra Seamless acquires offshore jack up drilling rig.
|Parent Organization||Maharashtra Seamless Ltd.||Managing Director||Saket Jindal|